The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#72372 - 06/26/04 03:29 PM The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I want to extend the invitation to all the women in the forums to join our book club in reading Pamela Kimmel's newly released book.

PLEASE READ ON!

This is the letter I sent to the women in the book club. I hope you'll join us.

Dear friends,

I hope you're taking the time to kick back and do some reading this summer. I've heard from some of you that it's time to start a new book. This time we're reading another one written by a women in our online neighborhood at www.boomerwomenspeak.com.

Pamela Kimmel has just released her first novel this week, The Mystery of David's Bridge. We will be some of the first to read and review it. I'm psyched to share in her dream come true! If you frequent the forums you will recognize her name and recall the thoughtful posts she has contributed. She has shared some of her excitement in the forums as she's traveled the path to publication. Pamela will be in the forums to share in the book club discussion. It will be fun to have access to the writer so we can pick her brain a little about the history of the book, characters, plot, etc. She can also answer questions about getting published. This should give hope to other writers that we may one day read your book.

Her book is available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It's at least $3.00 cheaper at Amazon. Isn't that wild?

I want to apologize for having two books in a row that you've had to purchase, but I think it's important for us to support our baby boomer writing friends. I promise the next book will be available from libraries.

The Mystery of David's Bridge

Bailey Ferrol has her hands full with solving several mysteries in this book, but in spite of being busy, she finds time for romance. Kyle Dean, estate manager, hires Bailey to look into the work and personal background of some job candidates. He also happens to be handsome, single, and ultimately a big help to Bailey in her work as a private investigator.

Pamela Kimmell is the daughter of an Air Force officer and has lived all over the world. Traveling is in her blood, and she and her husband have explored many areas of the United States and Europe. Eight years ago they moved to the small town of Warrenton in the Virginia countryside. She worked for many years in Hospital Administration. Upon retiring she began writing full-time. She has no children, one hyperactive cat, and is lucky enough to have a home studio where she can write and indulge in her other hobby of painting. She's been Fiction Editor for an ezine, currently volunteers as a Poetry Editor for a small press publisher, and is a frequent submitter of poetry and short stories to a number of popular ezines. The Mystery of David's Bridge is the first in a planned mystery series.

#72373 - 06/28/04 09:34 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm still waiting for my book. I always feel like it's Christmas when I get a box of Amazon books at the door. Can't wait...

#72374 - 06/29/04 02:08 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Dear Dotsie,

I too have ordered The Mystery of David's Bridge and will get it in about a week I think. I ordered mine from Books A Million. I have never participated in the book club portion of the forum, so you will need to tell me what is expected.

Sherri

#72375 - 07/01/04 06:11 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm STILL waiting for my Amazon order to arrive.

#72376 - 07/01/04 06:32 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
me too Dots...teach me to order regular mail! That WON'T happen again! I can't wait for the book to get here...(well, yes, I guess I can too, eh?)

JJ

#72377 - 07/02/04 07:07 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
I too am waiting for a call from Barnes & Noble. We have a discount card and an extra discount so ordered it when we were near. They told me 3-8 days and were on the 4th.
Maggie

#72378 - 07/02/04 07:51 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hey Dots,
I just got a "thing" from Amazon that I will not be receiving my book "The Mystery of David's Bridge" until sometime between 7/6-7/14. Now I don't know what the hold up is since they say it's in stock, but there you have it! So, it may be the middle of July before I get the book. Very frustrating! PAM? Should I have ordered through the publisher?

JJ

#72379 - 07/01/04 08:00 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Hey Queenie....sorry you are experiencing a "hold up" from Amazon....maybe that means they've sold out of the first batch????? (HA [Eek!] )

But seriously....maybe they are just keeping a certain number on hand - after all I'm a brand new writer with no track record for sales (yet), and my book's been published by one of the SMALLER publishers.....I'm sure they will process orders as quickly as they can but I really AM sorry if anyone else in addition to you JJ is having to wait. Let's just PRETEND it's because they've sold out of the first bunch they received from the distributor??????? [Frown]

#72380 - 07/01/04 08:02 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

well if this book is half as good as I think it's gonna be, that's itzatcally what happened!

I'll wait. Not patiently mind ya...but I'll wait....

JJ

#72381 - 07/01/04 09:03 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I too am waiting for my book from BooksAMillion, they said they were temp. out of stock, so hope to get mine soon!

Sherri

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved