The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#72362 - 02/18/05 02:59 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Hi, Prill!

I love to evaluate dreams. I use a dream dictionary to help understand what things symbolize.

Of course, you have to be careful, though, because some times you'll find that dream dictionaries use superstition-based defintions. If the definition is a psychic preditor or mentions impending financial doom (ha!), then it's probably not a good source.

But anyway ... and for example, an airplane might represent:

"To see an airplane in your dream, indicates you may experience a higher consciousness, new-found freedom and greater awareness."

You were also driving the airplane (if I recall). So that also says you're in the "driver's seat" so to speak. And, even though you didn't know "how you did it", you landed safely. It all worked out.

After I look at symbolism, I decide if the meanings or definitions resonate with me. Sometimes, I never understand a dream's message, but other times I do.

Flying dreams are fun:)

Hope this helps:).

#72363 - 02/18/05 05:23 PM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I had a dream one time that I shall never forget. I was asleep and this powerful man (built like Mr. Clean) who was not black, but a reddish brown color, jerked me up from my sleep and turned me around to face him. He was hugh. By that I mean he was supersized, like the guy in The Green Mile, but even bigger. Not fat, very muscular. When he turned me around he began sucking the very life out of me. He was breathing in very deeply, and for a long period of time. As he did, my soul was coming out of my mouth and going into his body thru this mouth. He was not touching me except for the strong hold he had on my arms, extending me in the air. He kept sucking in air, and each time he did, I felt myself dying a little. This dream was so real, I can't explain it to you. I woke up in a sweat, terrified. I was going thru a lot at the time. A lot of mental anguish, different kinds of troubles, and so torn about my situation. My Daddy was ill also. So I attribute the dream to my own "boxed-in" kind of feelings at the time and the trouble I was going thru. It was literally sucking the life out of me. I would be happy to hear any other interpretations???? That was a couple of years ago, but it still scares me to think of him. It was almost like he was the devil.

Another dream I had when I was about 4 or 5 was that I dreamed there was a very large and beautiful stairway and I climbed it. It was a long way to the top, but animals, sweet people, and different thing lined it. At the top was God. I still remember the scene. Ahhh....that was a wonderful dream!

JJ

[ February 18, 2005, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: jawjaw ]

#72364 - 02/20/05 01:31 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I think you nailed that one ... Jaw Jaw. I find that dreams usually "describe" your current situation or circumstances. Dreams are most useful in helping you navigate through the present moment.

The childhood dream ... very, very special.

#72366 - 02/23/05 09:58 PM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi everyone,

I've been out of town. I missed you!

Jaw Jaw, I don't think I could do a better job than you at interpreting your Mr. Clean dream. What you said sounds about right. In terms of interpreting my own dreams, I just use my intuition and try and make connections between my dream life and my waking life. The first thing I always ask myself is how I felt when I awoke.

Brenda & Allyn-- Couldn't agree more. I don't get too carried away by my dreams; I just use them as a tool. For the most part, my dreams range from pleasant to euphoric, so I enjoy remembering them. I still have occasional nightmares (I often wake up to find that my toes are tingling when I have a bad dream--isn't that weird?), but they occur far less often than they used to before I started writing.

Hope you ladies are well. [Smile]

#72367 - 02/24/05 05:34 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If I am anxious, upset or just plain mad before I turn in I will have some outlandish weird usually frightful nightmare. None recently even though my life could be better, but then couldn't they all? [Eek!]

#72368 - 03/01/05 08:45 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Chatty Lady-- I wasn't upset last night, but I had a weird, outlandish dream. Not a nightmare, but strange nonetheless. Something about a car dealership and a lot full of wrecked autos. Then I had one of my menopausal night sweats, which woke me up. Can't complain, though. At least I DID wake up. [Wink]

#72369 - 02/28/05 09:21 PM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
Since I have not seen it mentioned here, I will ask does anyone experience what I call "chapter dreams?" The reason I call them this is that I can wake up and continue the same dream when I fall asleep. I also frequently dream about the same thing for two or three nights in a row not the same dream, just a continuation like a story. I don't go to bed thinking of the dream from the night before or have any consciousness of intending to dream the same situation. In addition, there are a few dreams I have had many times in my life and they are always the same. When I have those dreams it's like I am lucid and aware, hey this is the same dream. I think I might like to explore this further. It sounds interesting. Queen Me, what is the name of the book you mentioned? I might invest in that.

#72370 - 03/01/05 06:55 PM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
That hasn't happened to me in a long time, but I do remember it happening. The scary ones are when I know I'm dreaming and I try to wake up, think I am, and try to wake up again, and again, and each time I think I AM awake, but find myself waking up again. EEEKKKK. Talk about alternate realities!! Makes you start to wonder if you ever DID really wake up, or you start to wonder/dream if you CAN wake up; what are you going to do if you can't!?!

#72371 - 06/30/05 07:13 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Andromeda Offline

Loc: Maine
Hi all, I am a newbie, but wanted to respond to writing down our dreams.
I have kept a journal on dreams for years, and I must admit, they are just as diverse and interesting as when I was 20.
I have crossed a gambit of emotions during and after dreams. Some (hopefully) not prophetic, but powerful -- I have used some of them in my writings.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved