The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#72352 - 02/09/05 05:12 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
This is all so interesting. I never considered that some people might hate dreams or not want the pressure of reviwing them.

I'm quite the opposite and have been using my own dreams to help me navigate through life for years. Actually, the inspiration to write my book came from a dream. Also, the title of the book was delivered via my dreams.

Again, very interesting and informative.

#72353 - 02/09/05 11:27 PM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I like to dream and will often write down my dreams in my journal. I've gotten lots of story ideas for my books from dreams. Sometimes, while dreaming, I wake in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom, then hop back in bed and get right back to my dream.

I used to look for the symbolism in every dream, now I just enjoy them as "movies" or "Stories" in my head.

#72354 - 02/10/05 12:31 PM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've "mined" my dreams for both poetry and essays. I try to record them as closely as possible. Sometimes it's difficult remembering exactly what the dream was, and even more difficult to incorporate it into my writing.

#72355 - 02/10/05 06:07 PM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I like how the title of this thread, on my browser at least, just shows up as "Significance of (Sleeping)"............catches my eye every time, (just what is the significance of sleeping? sounds like a good title for a poem) but then I've been really tired lately [Smile] [Smile]

sorry, I know that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread........just had to throw it out there...

#72356 - 02/11/05 08:22 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How do you ladies get rest if you pop up and right down your dreams. I'm not being silly. I'm curious.

I picture everyone popping up a few times a night to keep track of what runs through your minds while you sleep. I have a hard enough time keeping track of what rund through my mind during the day.

#72357 - 02/11/05 04:36 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I usually don't pop out of bed and record my dreams. So, sometimes I don't remember all the details or even the dream.

But, you are right, at least as far as my own experiences go, I sometimes don't get all my rest.

And, I think we all dream every night. The key is that we don't always remember dreaming. I go for weeks without remembering any dreams.

#72358 - 02/11/05 06:07 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I don't pop up to write the dreams down at all. I wait till the morning. Or the next day, or whenever I have time to write.

I had a really stupid dream last night. In real life, I weigh myself every single day before breakfast, standing in my underwear so I can't use heavy clothes as an excuse. In this dream, I weighed myself and I had gained ten lbs. since yesterday. Instead of being horrified, I just said, "Oh, the scale's finally broken. Guess I have to buy a new one!" [Roll Eyes]

#72359 - 02/12/05 12:31 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Dotsie-- In terms of writing my dreams down, I don't usually pop up in the middle of the night to do so...although I've occasionally written one down at 1 or 2 a.m. when a dream is so powerful it wakes me up. Usually, I wait until the morning, though.

Last night I dreamed I was flying again, but this time as the pilot of a single-engine land Piper plane. I had NO idea what I was doing. Had never flown a plane before in my life. Fortunately, I landed safely in a park. No clue what the dream means. Any ideas?

Meredith-- Love that. Blame it on the scale! [Wink]

#72360 - 02/15/05 11:19 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
This is a very fascinating subject for me. I have come to remember dreams that I have had in the past and then I remember what had happened afterwards. Kind of like a hindsight if you will.

As you said in your first post Prill about how you felt when you awoke from your dream. That is what I go on as well. I had an experience last year that I will never forget. This wasn't pleasant at all. The dream went like this: I was pursueing something, and in order for me to qualify I was given a styrofoam cup full of some awful tasting liquid. I wasn't allowed to spit it out nor was I allowed to swallow it. I could describe the taste as something from a sewer. That is when I woke up and the first thought that came to my mind was "torture". Well, in the following months I had gone through so much emotional torture.

Later, I had told a friend of mine that is able to interpret dreams. This is what she told me. She told me that torture was the exact thing that I was warned about because of what came to mind. And so it did.

I am so glad to read that you "woke up with a sweet feeling" sounds to me that you are exactly where you are suppose to be and doing what you are suppose to be doing.

Fascinating!

Cathi

#72361 - 02/16/05 04:44 AM Re: Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams
chichii Offline

Loc: Grande Prairie
If i dream I have no recognition of it at all. I have been getting by on four hours sleep for about twenty years plus now. Right now I work at a job where I work two nights, two afternoons, a one day shift in a given five day week. Sometimes I'll get off at 8am and have to be back for 4pm. So my body really has no idea where's it at. I remember when I was young my mother mentioned she had a dream about the family cat. In her dream the cat had died. After she had woken up and was in the kitchen doing something she heard a meow and she nearly jumped out of her skin. That is when she remembered the content of her dream.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved