The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 19 of 22 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#72311 - 02/04/05 07:30 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Dotsie-- I've been out all day. Otherwise, I promise I wouldn't have kept you in suspence about your dream. The significance is obvious. Can't believe you don't see it. [Big Grin]

Despite your protestations to the contrary, you obviously want to levitate, fly--whatever--with the rest of us dreamers. Hence the elevator. But, because of your past experience, you hesitated just a second too long and didn't make it all the way into the elevator before the door closed on your arm. Your arm, still holding onto your dreamless past, but striving for a more dream-filled future, got stuck.

All kidding aside, I have no clue what other people's dreams mean. But it's fun trying to figure them out. [Wink]

#72312 - 02/04/05 07:38 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Rats. I spelled "suspense" wrong again. (I've made this mistake before.)

#72313 - 02/04/05 08:02 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Prill,

Interesting about the mirror. I look in the mirror and see and ugly overweight 55 year old, who has dreams of grandeaur. I have a hard time believing in myself as a writer, even tho I have been published and paid and have a book out. Sometimes the perspective changes according to the day, today is a bad one. I don't know what the right thing to do is any more.

Sorry for my rant.

Sherri

#72314 - 02/04/05 08:42 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Sherri--

No need to apologize. I always find that it's healthy to let my monsters out. They're like vampires; they lose their potency as soon as the sunlight touches their bodies.

I just went to your website again and looked at your picture. You're a radiant being, completely worthy of those dreams of grandeur.

As far as believing in yourself as a writer, you ARE a writer. You don't have to take it on faith. Of course, of all people, I understand that it's not that simple. Some days I, too, have a hard time believing in my gifts. My guess is that most writers do. There's a mysteriousness to the process of creating any kind of art that engenders insecurity--a sense that our creations simultaneously come from us and from something beyond us and out of our control.

Here's a true story:

A writing friend told me when I first started working on Defying Gravity that I would have days where I would be so despairing and feel like such a fraud that I would want to give back my advance and call it quits. (She was right.) She said a friend of hers had written an entire book minus the last two chapters when the doubt monster started gnawing at her feet. This woman actually DID call her agent. She told him that she wanted to pull out of her contract and that the book wasn't very good anyway. The agent listened to her rant and then told her to get back to work. The book won a Pulitzer Prize.

#72315 - 02/04/05 02:26 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm laughing at you Sherri cause I've seen your picture and you couldn't be ugly if tried. Prill is so right. You ARE radiant. Not only that but you are the first to jump in and help others here on the board. Girl...believe in Sherri. WE DO!

Love ya, JJ

#72316 - 02/04/05 05:59 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sherri,
I too think you are radiant and wonderful. Self doubt is normal, I go through it all the time, but don't let it get the better of you.

Prill,
I love the vampire comparison! That's a great way to look at it.

#72317 - 02/05/05 01:45 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Prill, I'm laughing at your response to my dream. HELP. I really want my sleep. Promise!

Speaking of doubt and fears...and forgive me if you think I'm always talking about God, but I can't help it.

I experience His grace daily. I too have fears, doubts, worries, and angst, but I'm working very hard at replacing ALL of those feelings with courage, strength, determination, and confidence in my relationship with Jesus Christ. He wants us to succeed, better ourselves, prosper, do well, and give Him the glory. When we can tap into His power we can accomplish whatever our little hearts desire.

Carry on boomer women with all that God has intended for you! And that means you too Sherri! Believe in yourself simply becasue you are worth believing in! Right ladies?

#72318 - 02/05/05 02:10 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
forgive me if you think I'm always talking about God, but I can't help it.

Please don't try to 'help it.' By reminding us that God is always in your heart, you are a blessing to us. So don't go changing. We like you just as you are.
Course if you start losing a lot of sleep over those dreams, you might turn into a real grouch. Uh oh. Then we'll be in trouble.
smile

#72319 - 02/05/05 02:16 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

I agree with Smile. We like you just the way you are!

#72320 - 02/05/05 02:39 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Me too! I like you just the way you are Dotsie. Sherri my friend, I think all of us have our "days" when we look in the mirror and go "WHOA! WHO IS THAT?!".....but we need to remember (and it's not easy when staring in a mirror) that INNER beauty is so much more "attractive" to people - outer beauty fades. You are a beautiful person and I mean that.

[Wink]

Page 19 of 22 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved