The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#72301 - 02/01/05 06:28 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Prill,
Ditto on what everyone has said about having you in the Featured Author's forum - it's been great reading the posts each day.

I too have to wait until March to get your book, but it is definitely on my "wish list" for when it's available [Smile] and who knows, maybe by then I'll be through the stack of books currently in my "to read" pile!

#72302 - 02/01/05 07:57 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Prill, I have thoroughly enjoyed this month with you and the girls. What have I learned? Many things but in particular, to boldly go where I haven't gone before. It was the kick in the pants that I needed! Your book is on my list too. You will of course be part of the forums, so I'll let you know when I finish reading it.

Write on!
chickadee

#72303 - 02/01/05 09:04 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Prill,
I wish I'd gotten to know you when I could wave back at ya from across the sound, but if your ever in NC feel free to drop by for lunch any time. Thank you for spending this month with us and I hope you are going to continue posting at the forums.

#72304 - 02/01/05 09:41 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Chatty Lady-- What a story! Love this line in particular:
quote:
"I wouldn't be happy doing anything else except write even now nearing age 65....It completes me."
Getting into the habit of being bold is life transforming. I promise. But when it comes to dreaming, you've also got to have stick-to-itiveness. Persistence is the single most important trait the women in my book possess. They refused to give up on themselves. Even when their situations looked hopeless, they kept on going.

Here's what I've learned: When one reaches an impasse--emotional or otherwise--that's not the moment to turn back. It’s the moment recommit to the journey. Oftentimes, this is when the magic begins.

P.S. I'll continue posting on the forums after my time here is up next Monday (the 7th), but I'm going to be traveling over the next two months and won't be able to check in as regularly. Just know that I'll be thinking about you and wishing you well. (You ladies are like cyber sisters; how could I ever forget you? [Big Grin] )

#72305 - 02/03/05 02:04 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Hi, Prill:

Thanks to you and JJ for responding so quickly to my post of a week ago. Sorry I haven't been back in the forum since... Life got very busy. But then, what else is new?

Your book arrived from amazon yesterday, and I can't wait to devour it!

#72306 - 02/03/05 02:51 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

P.M.-- Hope you enjoy the book. I know what you mean, by the way, about life getting busy...and I completely understand. The beauty of this forum is that there's no pressure to respond or actively participate. You can drop in from time to time, stand on the sidelines and watch, or post every day. [Wink]

Also, two notices:

1) I unintentionally started a separate thread on the significance of dreams. If you haven't read these postings and would like to, just click on the following link: web page

2) Several of you have told me either via private message or on the forum itself that you plan on ordering my book once it comes out in paperback in late March. That's wonderful. [Big Grin]

If, however, you'd like to have the book sooner, I'd be happy to send you a signed, personally inscribed hardcover copy. I've got some on hand. I charge the same price as the bookstores ($20) and take personal checks. Also the hardcover on Amazon ($13.60) is still slightly cheaper than what the paperback will list for at Barnes & Noble and Borders (around $14).

...Now, more about dreams. (I'd love to integrate the two threads so that we're, literally, all on the same page.)

I had another flying dream last night. It was very simple. I came upon a tall, grassy hill that I needed to climb. I decided it would be much easier to fly to the top than walk, so I did. Once at the summit, I looked down and noticed my husband standing at the foot. I hoped he would fly, too, but I wasn't sure he knew how. He was too far down to hear me, but I kept saying to myself, "Just believe you can do it, Mike. That's all it takes."

In day-to-day life, believing in ourselves might not be enough to become a brain surgeon, Renaissance scholar, or the next American idol. (Passion, persistance, hard work and, perhaps even an innate gift are all factors.) But flying in my dreams is not about technique or talent or anatomy. It's all about believing.

#72307 - 02/03/05 07:37 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, Prill, I am glad I stopped by to read about this dream! Luv that! Flying! Love and Light, Lynn

#72308 - 02/03/05 07:30 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Thanks, Prill! And also thank you so much for signing up to attend Book 'Em 2005 in Waynesboro, VA on October 22 (www.bookemfoundation.org). I am real excited to meet you and JJ, and to see my good friend Pam Kimmell again. I think the best part of the whole event is the camraderie between authors. It is such a supportive group. Definitely a place to meet lifelong friends. I will be in touch to schedule you for a panel discussion and a solo talk. I'm sure it will be standing room only when you're on the stage! You're a popular woman!

#72309 - 02/04/05 08:49 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Lynn-- So glad you stopped by and read it. By the way, every time I glance at your "Love and Light" closing, I smile.

P.M.-- Popular? Me? Ah, shucks.

Seriously, I've never thought of myself as popular. Now that I'm living in my home town again, though, old high school classmates often tell me that I was. The fact of the matter is that I was a painfully insecure adolescent. I know I was friendly with lots of groups of kids (I was voted "friendliest" sophomore year), but popular? No way. I actually felt the opposite--that I didn't really belong.

The only reason I'm mentioning this is because I've been thinking a lot about self-image since I started interviewing late bloomers. So many women are emotional anorexics. In other words, what we metaphorically see in the mirror is not our true selves. Our vision is warped by past wounds, societal ideals of women and beauty, and just garden-variety low self-esteem. The reason this is important to recognize is that these distorted images of ourselves hold us back from blossoming into the glorious, powerful women we were born to be.

Anyway, I am SO excited about Book 'Em 2005. What a great cause, too! Can't wait to meet. [Big Grin]

#72310 - 02/03/05 09:14 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Allright, I've come here to rant and rave. All this talk about dreams and wouldn't you know I woke at 4:39 this morning dreaming. Darn it. Right after I said I never dream, never wake up, sleep like a dog, etc.

Of course I looked at the clock, tried to remember my dream over and over again. Woke at 4:44 still trying to remember and thinking all the while that this is just what I didn't want to happen. Isn't that wild?

All I remembered this morning was getting my arm closed in an elevator. Come on ladies. That better mean something. I lost a couple minutes of sleep over this.

[Big Grin]

Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved