The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 16 of 22 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#72281 - 01/29/05 04:19 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
quote:
I think the answer lies in the fact that I would not have listened to the voice inside that guides me to write.
You've got more than a dollar's worth here, JJ. I feel the same. Raising kids was another factor for me. I didn't seriously begin writing until my youngest son went to college. It's funny that I could teach high school full-time and still take care of my kids, but I couldn't seem to write and simultaneously be a mom. I think it might have come easier if I'd been journaling at that point in my life. I know lots of women with children at home who are prolific writers. (There are several on this forum.) I just wasn't one of them.

#72282 - 01/29/05 05:19 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
That's an interesting observation about children Prill. Strangely, I was so much more prolific when my children were small. I was also a single mother. Somehow that empowered me.
At that time I was on a mission. I wanted to raise and educate my daughters. I needed money and since I was a chronic insomniac I wrote at night, I worked during the day and played in the evening.
I wrote articles and published. Wrote proposals and submitted, got contracts and grants and built a company.
Now my mission is accomplished. The vision is a reality and I am still writing, but I'm no longer compelled. I like to help others, but I'm coasting.
I'm free wheeling through the second half of life. Wheeeee!
smile

#72283 - 01/29/05 07:19 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

TVC15— I don’t know about you, but my environment affects my creative output, not to mention how I feel about my day-to-day life. My husband would be happy living anywhere, but I’m much more sensitive to my surroundings. I’ve lived in Colorado, Georgia, Virginia (suburban DC), Massachusetts, Upstate New York, Maine (summers), and Connecticut. Everywhere I go, I soak up the culture and let it texture my life. But my heart sings more in some places than in others. Where I live now—an hour from New York City and a mile from Long Island Sound—inspires me to hit the high notes. I love this place!

Smile— Sounds like you’re in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. [Big Grin]

Here’s a new topic: The Significance of (Sleeping) Dreams

Last night I dreamed I held a wild tiger in my arms and tamed it with my love. Don’t have a clue what the dream meant on a symbolic level, but I woke up with such a sweet feeling. It’s almost as if I were holding myself rather than the tiger.

Throughout the writing and promoting of my book, my dreams have played a critical role in both guiding and empowering me. I’ve had more than a dozen flying/levitation dreams and several magical dreams about animals. I dreamed of a wolf, the experience of which I recount in the book, a black dog, a fluorescent green owl, twin iguanas (this was a lucid dream—a dream where I was conscious of dreaming), and a crow. From each of these animal dreams—with the exception of last night’s tiger—I awoke with a crystal clear understanding of their significance.

I highly recommend keeping a dream journal by your bed to write down the ones you remember.

#72284 - 01/29/05 11:29 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Prill I moved from Long Island to NC and I do miss the beaches! The sound and the bay are the best there! I have been more creative since the move but then again I'm not working anymore either so I have more time.

I am one of those people that very rarely remember my dreams but when I do they are doozies.

#72285 - 01/30/05 04:26 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Welcome Prill - your book sounds fabulous! I adore reading about women who have traveled beyond what they perceive their capabilities, talents and gifts to be.

I'm way behind in the posts to your intro, hope you've received a positive response from your letter to Ms King.

Sandra

#72286 - 01/30/05 04:42 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
About being bold...earlier this week I wrote the Editor of Small Farm Today magazine and pitched myself as a speaker at the 13th Annual Small Farm Today Conference in MO in November. He accepted and now I've got a paying job, plus expenses. He said their average attendance is between 4,500 and 5,000 and I'll be one of the key note speakers. This is the largest crowd I've ever addressed and my topic is "How To Make Your Small Farm Pay"; it's teaching folks how they can increase farm income.

#72287 - 01/30/05 05:23 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
WOW Thistle, this is great news. Such a large crowd to speak in front of would probably scare the hide of most. Getting paid to talk about something that you do ...isn't that a great job.

Uh...You're not gonna wear your sheep face are you? [Wink]
chickadee

#72288 - 01/30/05 08:50 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Congrats Thistle. You'll do great.
smile

#72289 - 01/30/05 01:51 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
wake-up for work in 5 hours, so a quick reply to Prill: I'm a NYC native, in OC since 1980. Never watched about 98% of TV shows, including "The OC."

#72290 - 01/30/05 09:34 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Some unexpected company came last night, so I don't have time to post anything thought-provoking this morning. [Frown] I'll be on-line again later this afternoon.

Didn't want to let another moment go by, though, without congratulating you, Sandra, on her bold move; telling TVC15 that I wish you still lived on Long Island so that I could wave to you across the Sound (or maybe even have lunch!); thanking Chickadee and Smile for always being so supportive; and thanking Meredithbead for responding at all considering you had so little time.

As my son says, ttyl (talk to you later). [Wink]

Page 16 of 22 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved