The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#72241 - 01/21/05 11:06 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi p.m.-- So wonderful to meet you! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story, and heartfelt congratulations for all your success. Sounds like you and your sisters could easily have been in my book. Actually, I can envision your family story being a book in itself--a case study exploring the geography of both your individual and collective courage. (Seriously.) Would love to hear more from you.

#72242 - 01/21/05 11:12 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Any friend of JJ's (and Pam's) is a friend of mine! [Big Grin] But then, Trish, I could tell I was going to like you just from reading your posting. [Wink]

#72243 - 01/22/05 09:16 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

My friend Nancy took me yesterday to a Korean women's spa here in L.A. I've never spent so much time with so many naked women before. These were women of all ages, all sizes, all shapes. To me, every one of them was beautiful, and the experience made me view my own body even more compassionately.

What does this have to do with late blooming? A lot, I think. Part of coming into one's own, at any age, involves an embracing of one's unique self.

No time to write more this morning. I'm out for the day again. But I have a lot more to say about this. Would love, as always, to hear others' thoughts as well.

#72244 - 01/22/05 09:29 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh boy, then I have lots of growing up to do. [Big Grin]

My MIL gave me a gift certificate for a massage. The only massages I've had were in physical therapy.

I asked a friend who worked at the spa to recommend a good masseuse. Little did I know when I made the appt that it was a male. [Eek!]

If you look up masseuse in Webster's it says a WOMAN who gives massages. Times have changed. [Wink]

Anyway, I was a wreck when I saw that HE was going to be rubbing me with lotions and potions while I layed there half naked...more than half naked. [Razz]

I wouldn't take off my bra. Nope, I left that on UNDER the robe, which I wouldn't take off either. Aren't I a weirdo?

He eventually UNHOOKED my bra strap under the robe. Boy did he have his work cut out for him. I was tied in knots.

It was NOT a good experience.

Do I need to chill, or what?

Prill, glad you can wlak around with naked women. I'm not there yet. [Wink] But I do want to hear more. [Wink]

Keep enjoying your trip.

#72245 - 01/22/05 11:17 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Prill, I'm glad you enjoyed your day at the spa. I had the pleasure of enjoying a Korean Spa in Korea. A friend of mine took me to a resort hotel that had some water features and these amazing hot springs. Thanks for reminding me of that wonderful day. It was a little disconcerting being with all the 'naked' ladies; but only because I was the only caucasian woman there. Even if you don't completely speak the language, you can always tell when people are talking about you. That part was a little disconcerting, but not in a bad sort of way. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there; had things gone differently, I'd probably still be over there. For a long time after I came back I had dreams of being over there. When I woke up I'd be so depressed because I'd realize I wasn't really there. Sometimes it even made me cry I wanted to be there so badly.

#72246 - 01/23/05 04:41 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

Dotsie-- I'm sitting here chuckling as I read your posting. [Big Grin] (The importance of humor in our lives is a whole other topic.) I can just see you lying on that table clutching your robe. I love massages, but my mom is like you. She'd rather go to the dentist than a spa. In any event, don't take me too literally. I didn't mean to imply that successful late blooming was somehow contingent upon being comfortable taking your clothes off in front of strangers. [Wink]

Unique-- So good to hear from you. By the way, I hope some of the responses you received to your question about how to become bolder in your life were helpful. If you weren't satisfied, feel free to discuss this some more.

How wonderful that my last posting conjured up a warm memory from your past. (After pressing "Add Reply," I questioned whether I should be writing about naked ladies. [Roll Eyes] ) I think it's a fruitful exercise to look back at those times one has really enjoyed and figure out how to bring the essence of that particular pleasure into one's present-day life.

#72247 - 01/23/05 06:01 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
All I know is I want the number of that masseuse

what?

JJ [Wink]

#72248 - 01/23/05 09:39 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

JJ, you are truly incorrigible! I just luvya. [Big Grin]

#72249 - 01/23/05 06:48 PM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You say that like it's a bad thing...teehee...

JJ

#72250 - 01/24/05 08:14 AM Re: Prill Boyle, Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women
Prill Offline

JJ-- To the contrary. It's a veeeery good thing. [Big Grin]

Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved