The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#72048 - 11/24/04 05:11 AM Wrtiting Grants
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Hi Carolyn,
I have a question. Do you know anything about grants for writers? We have a wonderful organization in my city for artists and writers. The teacher in my writing class/group was told that she should apply for a grant to help our group with future books. We have self-published two anthologies. She said they might help with another group book or help individual writers publish their books. I'm not familiar with grants, but I do know this art organization and it is a good one and a strong one in our community. I just don't understand why anyone would give us a grant to publish our books. [Confused]
Thanks - and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Louisa

#72049 - 11/24/04 05:27 AM Re: Wrtiting Grants
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Hi Louisa - actually I have a little bit of information on grants for writers.

Poets and Writers has a monthly newsletter which lists deadlines for grants and contests.

Check out your state/city/regional arts council or something of that nature - for instance, the Appalachian Arts (my area)

and fdncenter.org has a newsletter you can subscribe to for Arts Funding.

And go to my Links for Writers page and click on Writer's grants or just click here:
http://www.handsforhope.com/LinksforWriters.htm#Writer's%20Grants

Good luck!

[ November 23, 2004, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Dian ]

#72050 - 11/24/04 05:40 AM Re: Wrtiting Grants
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Thanks, Dian.
Louisa

#72051 - 11/28/04 07:01 AM Re: Wrtiting Grants
Carolyn Howard-Johnson Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Dian is right. Poets and Writers is a good resource for grants, conferences, contests and more. I, howver, am of no use at all here excepting to tell you to Gooogle Hope Clark. She is a member of NAWW, Nat. Assoc of Wom. Writers, and has written a book on grants and also writes them for others and coaches others (I think) when they want to write their own. If you contact her, tell her I said 'Hi.' Be prepared for a learning curve. Grand writing is quite different from other kinds but I know you can do it. I mean we all have to learn to write synopses and query letters, right?
Sorry not to be of more help. Maybe this is a subject for FRUGAL II!!

#72052 - 10/23/05 06:45 AM Re: Wrtiting Grants
government grants Offline

Poets and writers is quite good. I found their newsletters very informative. Highly recommended.

---
Everything About Government Grants

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved