The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#71927 - 06/28/06 09:06 AM angel investors
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Hi all! I've been away for ages ... yikes!
I'm putting my home coaching biz on hold since becoming the "president" of the new biz started with my hubby.

He's been in fast food his entire career and has developed a fast casual pizza concept. I'm excited to be on the ride with him since I opted out 7 years ago with his Little Caesars franchise that went down the tubes. Oops.

I'm searching the internet for angel investors to finance our idea. Does anyone have suggestions on a direction to take? Thanks!

#71928 - 06/28/06 09:47 AM Re: angel investors
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi Stacy,
Nice to meet you; I joined a few months ago. I've never heard of angel investors - do people actually give (loan..or?) money to new business startups? What's the catch?

Thanks,
Kathy

#71929 - 06/28/06 10:54 PM Re: angel investors
Stacy M. Offline

Hi Kathy,
An angel investor is an individual who invests in start up companies for hope of a high return on their money. Instead of investing in the stock market or mutual funds, Angels take high risk investments with new companies.

So, yes, it's like a loan. Maybe you've heard of venture capitalists? They do the same thing, but with higher dollar amounts ... usually $500k - millions.
Angels deal in smaller amounts requested by startups...typically under $250k.

#71930 - 06/30/06 02:30 AM Re: angel investors
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Advertise in the Financiasl papers. Just say looking for investors send email/or address for information etc. Have some brochures explaining the concept and send them one....We have many such investors here in Vegas.

#71931 - 07/07/06 02:57 AM Re: angel investors [Re: chatty lady]
Stacy M. Offline

Thanks for the info, Chatty!

Love Where You Live with a Home Coach.
http://www.BloomsnBliss.com

Discover the Better Homes and Gardens Collection exclusively through Home Interiors & Gifts.
http://www.homeinteriors.com/stacymackey

#71932 - 07/08/06 12:42 PM Re: angel investors [Re: Stacy M.]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am such a loser when it comes to this financial jargon. That is one area I need to learn more...among many others.

Thanks for the explanation.

#71933 - 07/15/06 01:23 PM Re: angel investors
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Stacy, have you tried SBA? It also pays to know people who know people, who know people who have money they want to invest. Networking.

Good luck on this new adventure! It takes guts.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved