The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#71839 - 02/04/06 12:59 AM Ideas for biz startup costs?
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Hi Ladies -
Many of you have your own business. I've just started mine as a Home Coach, supporting the do-it-yourself decorator.

http://www.BloomsnBliss.com

Can anyone offer a suggestion for how I can get a small loan to cover startup costs? ($5K maximum)

I tried my bank (credit score too low for their 700+ requirement. I HATE credit scores!)
I tried Beneficial (two new credit accounts opened in last 6 mos.)

My hubby and I are bouncing back from horrible credit due to college expenses and job lay offs. We just qualified for credit cards again after not using them for 5 years.
SO FRUSTRATING! When is it ever good enough?! Either you have too much credit, not enough credit, bad credit and NOW, too new of credit!

Don't even get me started about the fact that I'm considered a Homemaker with no income. Joe makes a good income, we have a low debt to income ratio, we've paid off several accounts. We haven't been late for anything in 5 years. UGH!

Ok, I'm calmed down, now. [Smile]
I'm taking responsibility for the pickle I'm in. We were very irresponsible with money in our 20's and now, we must "pay" for that.

So, anywho, wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks for reading!

#71840 - 02/04/06 01:24 AM Re: Ideas for biz startup costs?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Have you checked with the government? Years ago, they were really trying to encourage women to start businesses and were offereing very low rate loans. Small business administration...maybe check with your chamber of commerce?

#71841 - 02/04/06 01:59 AM Re: Ideas for biz startup costs?
Stacy M. Offline

I did talk to the local SBA (small business administration) office and what they offer in relation to loans is backing. This is a great alternative so you don't have to use your house or do a personal guarantee. However, you must be able to at least qualify for the loan, first.

I know there are grant programs out there. Upon searching the internet, I find "opportunities" to buy books that list all the grants that are available. Haven't nixed this idea, yet.

#71842 - 02/09/06 08:21 AM Re: Ideas for biz startup costs?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you have any family members who might be interested in investing in you?

#71843 - 02/10/06 09:02 AM Re: Ideas for biz startup costs?
Stacy M. Offline

I don't feel comfortable going to my family for something like this. I think I know how they'll respond and I don't want to go down that road. Yes, they may surprise me, but I'm willing to not find out.

Thanks for the suggestion!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved