The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#71665 - 04/24/05 01:04 AM gas prices!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Egads, we are paying for gas for 3 cars and 4 drivers. We'll soon get another car for our two youngest to share. Our oldest has his car at school, but we still pay for his gas.

We are spending more on gas than we paid for our monthly rent when we were first married!

How are gas prices where you live?

#71666 - 04/24/05 01:23 AM Re: gas prices!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Running close to $3.00 a gallon here with no relief in sight. They will probably remain high until after all the travelers stop driving hither and yawn on vacations. There is a method to the gas companies madness. Remember when it was .50 cents a gallon? I see a lot more people biking it around here lately, including me...

#71667 - 04/24/05 02:26 AM Re: gas prices!
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
We're up around $2/gallon. Maybe a little more this week. Depends on where we get it. I don't know how anyone drives an SUV or truck. I don't do a lot of driving anyway. I'm glad of it. I work close to home and only venture out to malls and writing class and the usual errands and appointments unless I'm with someone else who is doing the driving.
Louisa

#71668 - 04/24/05 05:09 AM Re: gas prices!
Kat Offline

Loc: Cape Cod Massachusetts
I was in line during the gas crisis in the 1970's. My car was close enough to the pumps that I could see one of the station employees remove the .49 cents a gallon and replace it with .50. Today I spent $21.00 filling up a Toyota Corolla. Yikes!

[ April 23, 2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Kat ]

#71669 - 04/25/05 07:57 AM Re: gas prices!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Louisa I drive a truck. Diesel is 2.04 in Oklahoma and it cost approx 50 smackaroonies to fill my Ford F250 Monster. [Frown]

We are the cheapest in the country today!

chick

[ April 25, 2005, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#71670 - 04/25/05 10:52 PM Re: gas prices!
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I drive an SUV but do not drive very much since I quit my job. Gas is about $1.94 here.

We have not been going to our weekend home as much (which is 3 hours away) because of the gas prices.

My son is able to take Amtrak for free from D.C. and I keep telling him to do that because it is costing him $60-$70 dollars a round trip plus $21 in tolls.

He must really love us. He came home 4 times last month.

[ April 25, 2005, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Girl ]

#71671 - 04/25/05 11:40 PM Re: gas prices!
CompuNerdie Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Gas is only a $1.94! I think I may relocate for a year or so... [Razz] I just got a new car which gets 30+ miles to the gallon praise the Lord because my last one only got around 15 (heheh). Gas in Austin is about $2.02 at the cheapest if you know where to go.

#71672 - 05/11/05 11:36 PM Re: gas prices!
valueprep.com Offline

Loc: usa
Back in college, I wrote a paper on gas and how big oil has it's grip so hard on white house that it's not even funny. Back in the '90s, we had technology to create vehicles that obtained over 70 miles on a gallon of gas with self lubricating ceramic parts and a heck of a lot more than that. However, big oil lobbys so much to keep oil as a useable fuel source that hydrogen (which by the way, is free because it is water) has been thrown to the wayside for an immanent future it seems. It is quite problematic that our own government buys into what big oil wants because of the enormous tax benefits and revenue gas and oil generate for them. On the other hand, hundreds if not thousands of people die each yr. from pollution related illenesses that can be directly attributed to pollution from fossil fuel burning. For my readers and anyone else, I have put a pg. together to help people get back the money that big oil is taking from them via http://low-apr-credit-card.valueprep.com/gas-card.html
Now this is not some selfish promo, it is merely assisting where assistance is direly needed. (at the pump and in the wallet) I have already received after applying 4 mo. ago. 2 $20 checks in the mail for buying what I must have (gas)
If one uses the gas card religiously and pay it every mo. it can shave $50 off of a $1,000 a yr. expenditure and that would be a partial bill at the grocery store or 2 decent dinners at some resteraunt.
I am sincerely hoping that these prices go down for all of our sakes but until then, this is the only way I have found that can truly help.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved