The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#71625 - 03/10/05 11:21 PM Re: making money on the web
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie,

Could you add an easy link to the website somewhere obvious - so we can "brainlessly" find it. (I'm speaking for myself) ha.

If it's easy to find - I know I'll use it!

hugs,
danita

#71626 - 03/12/05 08:20 AM Re: making money on the web
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My web designer is trying to access the code to put a link to mall mania at the top of the forum page.

There is a link to the mall on the homepage at the top right side. You'll see a lady with shopping bags. Click on that.

#71627 - 03/12/05 08:38 AM Re: making money on the web
Dannye Offline

Loc: Prophetstown, IL
Danita, as one "brainless" to another, I had never noticed the link either! Sometimes I think with all the stuff passing before my eyes, I require the old 2x4 treatment to notice things more often than I used to.

#71628 - 03/14/05 09:29 PM Re: making money on the web
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
THere is a link for the mall at the top of every page onthe site now, except the forum page. Still working on that coding.

#71629 - 03/14/05 11:03 PM Re: making money on the web
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
I'm so glad I noticed this. I'm going to give you some ideas to monetize your website and hopefully at least some will work. I hope you don't mind cause it's gonna be sort of long.

First of all, your Google ads aren't going to make any real money for you until you put them in a place that is more easy to see. It's important to have them sort of flow in your content. What I mean by that is that they make more money for you when they are in the "middle" of content and appear as seemless as possible. (No loud colors.) Look at this page:http://www.momandhermoney.com/mystery-shopper.html. See how the ads are at the top of the page and don't have a border or color?

Another way to make more with Adsense is to put the ad code in the middle of content, but with a static image next to it so that the reader's eye is drawn there. Look at this page for an example: http://www.momandhermoney.com/Index.html

You've already implemented Amazon and that's great.

But, have you thought about allowing visitors to submit reviews of books they've read in exchange for a free link to their own website of course? On each review page, you would want both the Amazon code and the Google code displayed prominently. That way your readers can find out about a book, read a great review and then purchase it right from your site.

A lot of women that come here are looking for ways to either publish books, or make extra money or lose weight. If you add content pages for each of those things, you can really do well with Google and with affiliate ads that are geared to that topic.

For example, one simple page that follows a topic of picking up a few extra bucks here and there could feature a new money making craze called Cells for Cash. Most people have old cell phones lying around. Did you know that you can now sell them for anywhere from a few bucks to $100.00 depending on the model? The company even sends out a postage paid mailer. Not only would you be able to direct your visitors there, you would earn an affiliate commision on every sale.

You can read more about that program here:
http://momandhermoney.blogspot.com/

If you had a page that talked about dieting, you would want to maybe find a good affiliate program for a company that has to do with dieting. You can look for one at www.cj.com or www.primaryads.com or www.offersquest.com. Again, always put Google there as well.

Another way you can make more money with your site is to SELL ADVERTISING SPACE. There is no shame in that, Dotsie and with your traffic, you really need to consider it. You'll do very well selling ad space.

A great company that can make the most of the advertising space you have to sell is LinkWorth.
http://www.linkworth.com?a=175. I really suggest you check it out for yourself.

And before I go, you should think about a blog and about putting Google on it as well. What would you talk about? Anything! How you are getting press, to what you did in a day to promote your book, etc. Once you have a blog and have posted for a few weeks, put a link to your site feed there so that people can choose to be constantly updated on what's new. Blogs are big and they are going to get much, much bigger. Some people make their entire monthly income by blogging... but you can at least make extra money by having a blog that you list in your navigation bar.

Well, I've probably said way more than I should have and its likely stuff you already knew. Just FYI!

#71630 - 03/15/05 01:50 AM Re: making money on the web
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Sher, you did not say way more than you should have! In fact, keep the ideas coming. I didn't realize that we could put Google on blog pages as well. Yes, I have blog in my navigation bar. I am using my blogs for reviews and anything pertaining to my topics from BTT. What do you mean by: put a link to your site feed? How do you make an entire monthly income by blogging? Sher, these are outstanding excellent ideas! Thanks! Love and Light, Lynn

#71631 - 03/15/05 04:23 AM Re: making money on the web
Sher Offline

OK. I'm just learning about this site feed (RSS) stuff myself, but here's what I'm learning.

First, to understand what RSS is, go here:
http://www.websearchguide.ca/newsletter/030228.htm.

Supposedly, if you put a link to your site feed on your site so that people can grab it, they can use My Yahoo for example to receive notice every time you update your content. You can see why that's valuable. Most blog services make it easy to do that... I use Blogger and I can do it under "formatting".

The way some people are making such good money with blogs are with niche blogs. For example, if you know a lot about computers and every day your write about what's new in the world of computers and get good SE rankings, you'll do well with Google. Really well. Search engines love blogs partly because the content is updated so frequently.

Just remember that once you put your Google code on your blog, try to keep good keywords in mind when you are writing. If you want Google to show ads for certain keywords that you know your readers will want to click, use those keywords often in your writing. Believe me, writing for the web is WAY different than ordinary writing. You have to keep your content keyword rich to get the ads you want.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of Google. Although talking about how much you make with Google will get you kicked out of the program, I can tell you that I'm very happy at the end of the month when the check arrives. I'm not making what I hope to make someday, but it increases every month as I learn new things. I truly believe it's worth anyone's time to learn how to effectively use Google Adwords.

#71632 - 03/15/05 06:46 AM Re: making money on the web
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I started to put some of the moneymaking ads on my blog, but I didn't want my visitors to be bothered with popups. Is there any way to prevent the popups and popunders?

Thanks! - Donna

#71633 - 03/15/05 07:14 AM Re: making money on the web
Sher Offline

Google ads are not pop up ads.

Affiliate ads will specify whether they are pop ups or not so you can always keep pop ups off your site. You have the option of what kind of ad you'll run. You can choose a banner ad, a text ad, a button ad, etc...

#71634 - 03/15/05 07:25 AM Re: making money on the web
Sher Offline

I should have mentioned that the best way to see how it all works is to sign up for an affiliate account. One of the easiest ones to get is Offersquest. That way, you can check out some of the options available to you. You never need a credit card to sign up, but some sites will ask for your SSN for 1099 purposes. If you have a question as to whether a site is legitimate, just ask and I'll let you know if I know anything about them.

Here is a link to check out Offersquest. Be advised that I am using my affiliate link, which means I do get paid when you sign up and then use your account. (Just want to make sure you know that.)
www.offersquest.com/r.php?a=CD1755

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved