The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#71615 - 03/09/05 08:16 AM making money on the web
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Does anyone know a tired and true resource for making money on the web? There are so many out there and they appear to be scams.

#71616 - 03/09/05 12:08 AM Re: making money on the web
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
This is a real tough one. You are right about scams. Even if what you read seem like a scam, at best it is a teaser for something that has maybe 10% to do with the internet.

I'll give you an example, here is an ad I answered 4 years ago. "Love to use the Computer, then you can work from home". After a few other inquiries leading from one mystery(that's what I call it) to another, I finally learned that it was Herbalife. The computer part was the fact that you had a website.

I think the best person that I know to answer your question for sure would be Sher.

I am sorry Dotsie, I wish I had more info for you.

Cheers and Blessings,
Cathi

#71617 - 03/09/05 09:02 PM Re: making money on the web
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Seems nowadays all I can give you is how to spot a scam...instead of answering your question. However, what about writing? There are some legit writing contest out there where the prize is moola and the entry fee is zero dollars. Do a search on "no-fee contest" or "free writing contest" or such...

#71618 - 03/09/05 09:41 PM Re: making money on the web
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm giving mall mania a shot. If any of you shop onine, please do so through BWS. Have you visited the page yet? I get a teeny tiney kickback for purchases made through my site. We'll see how this works.

Please tell your friends who are addicted to online shopping to shop at Mall Mania at BWS. The link is on the home page at the top. Eventually it will be on every page including the forums.

Thanks. Sorry to plug it, but I'd like the site to start paying for itself.

#71619 - 03/09/05 11:18 PM Re: making money on the web
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie,
Don't be sorry! With a web site that generates as many hits as yours you should be putting all kinds of money making things on here! You've earned it. It's helpful for us too!

#71620 - 03/10/05 12:32 AM Re: making money on the web
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, please don't be sorry. My husband funds my projects from his salary, and we are not rich by any means. The costs of a site, administration, etc. add up. I'm with you, though, just now learning how to make money via computer. I got some ideas from "Mom and her Money.' For example, I didn't know until this site that Google offers pay for ad placement. Yes, our sites need to start paying for themselves. Good luck, Lynn

#71621 - 03/10/05 02:54 AM Re: making money on the web
Dannye Offline

Loc: Prophetstown, IL
Dotsie,
I don't know what all you have going, but have you tried the Associate program at Amazon? You can earn up to 10% referral fees and all you have to do is show books on a web page with a link to the Amazon page. Since so many of the people here (BWS) have books, maybe they would really support your marketplace connection to Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/104-2009826-4403908?node=3435371

I'm not sure about now, but last year it was set up so that if a customer clicked into Amazon through your site, you would get a referral fee for EVERYTHING they ordered when they ordered your referral product. That could be lucrative I would think.
Just a thought.....especially since you have so much traffic which is the key to success as an affiliate.
Dannye

#71622 - 03/10/05 07:11 AM Re: making money on the web
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Dotsie,
You have nothing to apologize for. Shopping is what people do, and if I am going to shop then I would rather support people I know.

I hope this makes sense!?!

Cheers,
Cathi

#71623 - 03/11/05 08:52 AM Re: making money on the web
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I always come to the forum home page to look something up on Google, I know that helps.

#71624 - 03/10/05 10:32 PM Re: making money on the web
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Dannye, I just added Amazon this year and it's helping a little bit. I'm hoping women will shop the great stores on my site. There are some good ones. I have overstock.com and I understand they now have a national campaign with television ads. I need to spend some time on that site. I'm always looking for a bargain!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved