The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#71467 - 10/15/04 03:33 PM college tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is odd, but I read that it's best not to save for your chilren's college education. The reasoning: if you don't have the money when the time rolls around you are more likely to get assistance. Why didn't someone tell us this years ago?

Do you think this is the lazy way out, or do you think it's smart?

#71468 - 10/15/04 03:44 PM Re: college tuition
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
The little help that goverment offers is not enough at all, when you realize it costs around over $30,000 a yr.(at least at RIT, where my son is). Kids end up having to take student loans and paying so much after they graduate. But for some, that's the only way.

I still think it's a good idea to save some along the way before you're faced with such outrageous expenses. It gives you more options as to what univ. to apply for. [Smile]

#71469 - 10/15/04 05:44 PM Re: college tuition
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
In my humble opinion, saving for ANYTHING is always smart. It doesn't matter if it's college, a new set of pots and pans, or a root canal...saving is the way to go.

Student Loans are helpful but they can be like an albatross to a fresh graduate who is ready with a new job and wants to possibly move out, buy a car, get furniture, hey, maybe even marry. I say, save for their tuition, and if they get a scholarship, then use that money for a trust fund, or a nice vacation, or to pay off my credit card...what?

JJ

#71470 - 10/17/04 04:03 PM Re: college tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I thought it was a ridiculous article, but wondered if it had any credit. It doesn't sound like it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved