The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#69756 - 06/14/05 04:50 PM traveling
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm curious to know if the single women in here travel alone, with girlfriends, family, or significant others? Anything planned for the summer?

[ June 14, 2005, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#69757 - 06/14/05 05:01 PM Re: traveling
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well, I do! I love traveling alone for short trips. I don't relish it for long ones. I also travel with two girlfriends from high school. THAT is tremendous fun! We had another girl's trip planned this summer, but under the circumstances (no job, ha!) that has been postponed...boo hoo...Instead we make short ones. This means we travel somewhere fun for a day trip. We are going on one this weekend to the Walls of Jerico...it will take four hours to walk it. See below:

Nashville, Tennessee—6 January 2004— A unique natural area once the home of Davey Crockett’s family and known throughout Tennessee and Alabama as the "Walls of Jericho" was purchased in late December by The Nature Conservancy.

The huge tract of 21,453 acres of rivers, forested uplands and caves spreading across the Alabama and Tennessee state line contains an extraordinarily diverse array of plants and animals. The actual "Walls of Jericho" is a large, bowl-shaped amphitheater that shoots water out of holes and cracks in the canyon wall during times of high flow. The history behind the site and the unspoiled natural beauty is known to provide a mystical feel for visitors.

JJ

JJ

#69758 - 06/15/05 07:18 AM Re: traveling
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dotsie, my sisters, sister-in-law and son have planned to make the trip to Florida to take my daughter to college a vacation as well. We'll go to Disney and just tour the area to help my daughter get familiarized with the highways and other key areas (I'm paranoid about her driving on unfamiliar territory).

Another trip (still in planning stage) will be with the man that I've become 'friends' with recently. He has business in New York. In conversation one evening, my daughter expressed her desire to visit NY so he has invited us. How sweet huh? [Cool] That's the CEO of that company's event that I felt 'inadequate' at. Recall that post?

The other trips, with siblings and my two children, are family reunions. We've got a busy summer. I sure hope my pocket yield the financial allowance for us to attend each event.

JJ, girlfriend trips are the greatest! I've heard, from someone that travels this country frequently, that the area you'll be spending time in is the most beautiful of all of the USA states, hands down. He says that the Seattle area is a close runner up. Please take lots of pictures to post and have a blessed and lovely time!

[ June 14, 2005, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved