The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#69420 - 01/03/05 09:13 PM he's just not that into you
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read this book last week and loved it. I HIGHLY recommend it to all the single women out there. It's a quick read and it's full of wisdom!

Check it out at Amazon.

#69422 - 01/05/05 06:18 PM Re: he's just not that into you
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
OK, which one of us is going to write, "But I'm Just Not That Into HIM" ?

#69423 - 01/05/05 06:54 PM Re: he's just not that into you
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Didn't someone write something like that, or am I dreaming. I think someone wrote a reply already, but I could be mistaken. If not, I bet it would be a hot book. This book was number three last week. Isn't that unbelievable?

#69424 - 01/06/05 05:46 AM Re: he's just not that into you
Dotsie Offline
Founder

OMG! I must purchase this for this poor single woman that I had the misfortune of watching her very last drop of dignity float down sh*t creek!

I didn't have major plans for New Years so I agreed to take a short trip with a 'friend' I'd known for quite some time. I thought it strange that she wanted to travel from Milwaukee to Mississippi to pick this man up to bring him back here, but, it really wasn't my business the circumstances. Right? Well, unless she volunteered them in which she did.

She said that they'd been best friends for years and had made plans to take this relationship to another level since they were so much alike. Fine. Right? It happens.

Well, the perk in making this long trip or disperate trip was that I'd be close to some relatives, namely my 98 year old grandpa. I rested in the hotel as this woman hunted the man that she called her bestfriend turned lover down. Yep! You got it! He was no where to be found upon our arrival. I couldn't stand to watch and she didn't invite me as she plead with people to show her how to get to his house which was situated down some long dirt country road.

I heard her pleading with him, leaving voice messages to pick up the phone... Well, she finally found him. He came to the hotel. He was distant but with a few New Years drinks that we had in the room, he loosened up. Boy oh boy did he ever.

He flat out told her that she should have let him be the one to make that move...the one that traveled miles to her. He told her that he wasn't sure if he would/could deal with a woman so forthright (short of saying the desperate word).

She was grouchy on the way back up that long road yet still made excuses for his behavior. When I flat out told her, "he's not into you like you are him," she even justified that. Maybe this book will help her.

Happy New Year!

#69425 - 01/07/05 08:58 AM Re: he's just not that into you
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sugaree, forgive me. I must live a dull life according to some people, but I love it. I think I would have been totally freaked out in a hotel room with a strange man who was drinking. Weren't you scared? I was just reading about it. I probably sound like you mother, but I'm glad you made it home! [Wink]

#69426 - 01/06/05 10:43 PM Re: he's just not that into you
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
The author of that book was on Oprah during the holiday season. I almost never see O but caught this episode. The guy was engaging women in the audience to tell their tales and he would respond from the guy perspective. it was interesting but made me want to throw a brick through the tv and bean the guy!

#69427 - 01/07/05 12:31 AM Re: he's just not that into you
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Not me. I wanted to bean the idiotic women. They seemed Dependent to the point of delusion.
I couldn't believe they were hanging onto the idea that some guy was 'into' them who hadn't called for weeks, called only at the end of the evening, or only asked them out only during the week, or some other idiotic thing.
I thought the guy was therapeutic. He told them to get on with their lives and forget the guy. Seemed like great advice to me. But then I'm weird.
smile

#69428 - 04/04/05 06:23 AM Re: he's just not that into you
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hello,
I am new here; just joining this site!
I have read many of the posted comments, and feel I, with my recent attempt at a relationship, after three years of abstinence, would benefit from you feedback. I won't burden you all with the details, except that I am 54, divoced 8 years, and having repeated disastrous atttempts at relationship.
I hope to post my most recent experience at this and get your helpful and insightful feedback, which I am MUCH in need of at this time!
Ariadne54

#69429 - 04/04/05 06:35 PM Re: he's just not that into you
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Adriadne, welcome! Post away and we'll do our best to share our wisdom. Looking forward to yur next post!

#69430 - 04/05/05 12:51 AM Re: he's just not that into you
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hello, Dotsie, and thank you. I found this forum by searching for "He's Not That Into You Forum" and you popped up. I spent much of the weekend reading the posts, which were very appropriate to my situation.
I will share my story in increments, but for now, I just wanted to thank you for this site and the benefits to people like me. Oh...incidentally, I'm 54, divorced 8 years.
A

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved