The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#63593 - 10/11/05 06:10 AM topics that vanish?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Help!

#63594 - 10/11/05 06:17 AM Re: topics that vanish?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
oh my!

#63595 - 10/11/05 06:18 AM Re: topics that vanish?
Danita Offline

Maybe I've been visiting a different planet, but it seems some topics have vanished.

"First kiss...best kiss...."

".....bag of tricks"

Am I losing my mind?

Danita

#63596 - 10/11/05 06:28 AM Re: topics that vanish?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Damta.
I went to look for that topic in remember thread and can't find out where it went . What happen ?

#63597 - 10/11/05 06:43 AM Re: topics that vanish?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was searching for them too and even opened every single thread one by one. Someone PM'd me to look at one where I was accused of being overly sensitive. Not so, just did not particularily agree with the way someone stated a fact incorrectly even after someone else mentioned it nicely to her. Oh well, who knows? I believe the person starting a thread can delete it, but don't quote me on that because I am not sure. I know for a fact Dotsie as Administrator can. Hey you win some and you lose some, thats life! [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

[ October 10, 2005, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#63598 - 10/11/05 06:50 AM Re: topics that vanish?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I did a search for the "bag of tricks" topic, and the search engine found it, but then said it didn't exist, which I think is what it says when the first post of that thread has been deleted. It seems that many posts by this one poster have been deleted in the past couple of hours.

#63599 - 10/11/05 07:08 AM Re: topics that vanish?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
That is such a shame, I tried to get her not to "leave", I even emailed her and asked her to reconsider.

#63600 - 10/11/05 08:07 AM Re: topics that vanish?
Danita Offline

So, the person who starts the thread, deleates THEIR posts, and all of ours disappear also?????

Even the records of MY post are gone from my profile and recent posts page.

perplexing!

Dotsie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d.

[ October 11, 2005, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Danita ]

#63601 - 10/11/05 10:43 AM Re: topics that vanish?
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
After reading this I looked around to see if I could figure what you all were talking about. Indeed there are many topics and posts missing. I've seen this happen before when the poster requests to be deleted from the registered user list, but this person is still registered.

I'm sorry she got upset and left.I hope she'll be back. There should be room for all kinds of women in here, including women going through personal crisis and unhappy moments. I have seen a low tolerance level for women having mid-life *issues* that they can't deal with. There is a lot of good old American pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps advice in here, which is not always an option for women in a emotional quandry. Sometimes we haven't got what it takes to make that happen.

#63602 - 10/11/05 05:03 PM Re: topics that vanish?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I agree that there's always room for more compassion when dealing with each others' emotional crises. We are sometimes quick to pounce on what we see as the most logical solution or best way for that person to go. We do so with sincere care and genuine desire to help. But the reality is that it's not always possible for the person mired in that quicksand to follow the advice given. And I've seen some impatience here when that happens, when we think someone isn't taking our advice quickly enough.

Healing always takes time...some more than others. When we've offered our wisdom, if we truly want to be compassionate healing women for these wounded others, our role ought to then become (IMHO) that of "companions-along-the-way" while those women find their own way out of their quandaries. When we try to push people in the direction we think they should choose, we often end up pushing them further into their darkness.

Having said that, I think that when a person leaves and takes their posts with them, it's possibly indicative of the anger and hurt they feel, but taking EVERYONE's posts (i.e., the entire thread) with them seems rather vindictive to me...but I'm trying to keep an open compassionate mind.

I too saw the warning signs but didn't really know how best to handle the impending departure. I too hope she'll be back. This really can be a healing place if we hang in here long enough to see the genuine love and care behind the wisdom of the women here.

PS And now I have to do my own vanishing act for awhile...we have to go back to Montreal to lay some laminate flooring...don't know when I'll be able to get online to participate in this thread again. But I'll be back!

[ October 11, 2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved