I'm combining the Featured Author forum and the BWS Book Club. Now we can correspond with the authors of the books we read.

Beginning today Daphne Stevens Ph.D., LCSW author of Watercolor Bedroom: Creating a Soulful Midlife will be featured through the holiday season. Daphne’s a psychotherapist and life coach who has written extensively on feminine spirituality. In her book she shares a peek into her life as wife, friend, mother, daughter, and grandmother. You’ll see yourself among the pages and embrace her spirit for life. The Questions for Reflection at the end of each chapter were most helpful. Thanks to Daphne I learned things about myself that have been waiting to be discovered for years. I guess I’m glad for my new discoveries. Some hurt, but it’s still a good thing.

Daphne will help us have a stress free holiday season and teach us how to care for ourselves in the meantime.

www.daphnestevens.com Visit her site if you’re interested in ordering her book.

Continue reading to learn more about her book.

Midlife is an invitation to move into the center of life. More than a transition, it is a time of deep initiation, of claiming our wisdom, and of stepping into our authority as co-creators of our lives and shapers of the world. In fifty-two short chapters, Daphne Stevens offers pithy insights about coming of age, letting go of the things that no longer serve us, and creating a vision for the second half of our lives. Through Daphne's personal story, glimpses drawn from mythology and religion, and suggestions for self-exploration and journaling, this book will encourage and companion you in embracing the grand adventure of midlife.

"I wish I could spirit my way into every home and place this book onto the table. In Dr. Stevens' presence, the soul breathes more spaciously. We touch the deeper mysteries of everyday experience, see our own problems in a friendlier light, and find the gentle comfort that only her Watercolor Bedroom can offer."

--Dianne Skafte, Ph.D.
Listening to the Oracle (HarperSanFrancisco)
Depth Psychology Chair (retired), Pacifica Graduate Institute

"What a delightful, personal, nurturing peek into one woman's journey of creating a life that fits for her—a truly comforting, wise Grandmother God life. A blend of A Room of One's Own and The Woman's Comfort Book. I enjoyed it immensely."
--Jennifer Louden
Comfort Secrets for Busy Women (HarperSanFrancisco)
creator, www.comfort queen.com

"Daphne Stevens' wisdom echoes long after reading this book. Like a pioneer, she has mapped a new journey into midlife for women—one of adventure, hope, and self-renewal."
--Lisa Groen Braner
The Mother's Book of Well-Being (Conari Press)

Please visit the Fearutred Author forum this month and meet Daphne!