The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#62964 - 01/09/04 05:39 PM Boomer Women Calendar Girls
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey, I was just checking out the new photo of Maggie and I had a brilliant idea!!!!

We could do our own calendar!!!

Maybe a NUDE calendar?? Hmmmm? Okay, maybe NOT a nude calendar. Besides, that's already been done. Sooo 2003. Let's do something different. Better.

There's thirteen photos on there now and we could each have a month with our leader on the cover. We could add hobbbies and bios and our best posts and jokes and kids and pets and gardens and....

I've seen software that does it. It could be online for downloading????

Wouldn't that be fun!!!! I'm all excited!!!

I say we do it. Or maybe the brilliant folks on here have already done it before I got here. ??? I could try to find the software if anyone is interested.

smile

[ January 09, 2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#62965 - 01/09/04 06:17 PM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Uh oh, wait a minute...I say the queen can be on the cover, or maybe smilin because it's her idea. [Razz]

#62966 - 01/09/04 06:30 PM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
smilinize Offline

Oh no, the cover must be our fearless LEADER!!!

smile

#62967 - 01/09/04 11:29 PM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
what a cool idea! Glad we got similin to think for us! you go girl!

I like it. I did a calendar for my sis and she loved it so much she kept it in her car and everywhere she went, she pulled it out and said "hey, let me show you this!" Oh brother...but it had her and her hubby, their farm, their children, grandchildren, their Harley's and their critters. It was fun to do, and I used Microsoft word to do it. I say let's go for it.

Yep, Ms D on the front, hands down!

#62968 - 01/09/04 11:56 PM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Heyyyyyyy.....I like that idea! Not to mention that if we had those calendars up at work, or had a few to give to friends... it would SOOOOOO promote the site and bouy Dot's book along. I've enjoyed this site so much, and it's always uplifting, and fun... that others should know about it, and what better way than a 'visual'.

It's a rhetorical question.

#62969 - 01/10/04 01:59 AM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
smilinize Offline

Okay JJ, I looked in Word, nothing recognizable as a calendar program on mine. I looked online. 1,414,86 possibilities, but which one???

Where or where is my previous admin. assistant, Hannah, the computer genius? Actually she's in Israel for six months or something... No help there.

This may be too hard for me.

Maybe I'm just the idea person, not the calendar person. I'm a Komputer klutz. I'll probably still be working on my website at the Second Coming.

We need someone who knows what they're doing here!!!

smile

P.S. Maybe we could all do some kind of collage for our calendar page with our picture and bio and hobbies, etc. so it would promote not only Boomer women, but our writing, knitting, beading, ets. as well. Of course we would need to promote boomer women speak on each page as well. ???

#62970 - 01/10/04 02:42 AM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Software programs for calendar, card, etc. making can be bought at Sam's or WalMart for around $15. Kinko's or other office copy places will spiral bind them - not sure of the cost.

#62971 - 01/10/04 02:55 AM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Great idea [Big Grin] , although can we get it out in time to still be relevant for 2004?

OF COURSE Dotsie should be on the cover [Cool] [Cool]

When I first saw the listing for this topic, before I read the posts, I thought OMIGOD a nude calendar [Eek!] [Eek!] I will go to the gym 10,000 times this week!! I will jog through my town until the neighbors call the police and report me as a nuisance! We need a new forum section called "lettuce!"

Anyone for a 7-gallon bottle of water?

#62972 - 01/10/04 03:19 AM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
smilinize Offline

Hey Meredith, calm down. Why would we resort to diet and exercise? We have COMPUTERS!!!

Can anyone say 'photo alteration'?? They did it for Oprah, why not us... We can put our heads on somebody else's body. Hmmmm. I think I'll take Pamela Andeson's? Or Nicole Kidman? Maybe Cher? (Naw Cher's too old, I wanna' lose a few years -- no I wanna' lose a whole bunch of years.) I know I'll take Britany Spears?

YESSIRREE!! The possibilities are endless. ---- And most important, they're exercise free!!! WHOOPEE!!! Nude calendar here I come!!!!

smile

[ January 09, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#62973 - 01/10/04 03:26 AM Re: Boomer Women Calendar Girls
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
You really have me laughing today and I love it.
Calendar girls what an idea and yes, Dotsie of course on the cover.
[Smile] Maggie

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved