The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#62136 - 05/08/05 01:42 PM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
kiwijenn Offline

Loc: Dundedin, New Zealand
Hi All! Ready for a good story? I have one..I met the man of my DREAMS on-line 4 years ago. I started with getting my intentions very clear...I knew what I wanted and what was negotiable. This was a powerful process. I refinded my ad very carefully and also researched where I would "place it". Short story, is I had very few "takers" as I was very specific, however I met a few nice men and one whom I fell in love with. We married 2.5 years ago and I have NEVER been so happy!! The biggest step is to become very clear with my intentions..and be realistic about what I really wanted....I have helped other women with this process also...

just wanted you to know there is another story....in Adventure and Abundance,
Jenn

#62137 - 05/09/05 01:44 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
But that's only the beginning of the miracle. More later...This does lead back to the subject of Internet Relationships, I promise.

Smile, it's been two days already...I'm hungry for the "more later" part...

#62138 - 05/09/05 02:38 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jenn, this happened since moving to NZ? Tell us more.

Eagle, I'm also waiting for smile to tell us the rest. Maybe we should start guessing how all of this ties together if she doesn't get back here soon! [Big Grin]

#62139 - 05/09/05 08:51 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I'm too tired to tell the 'rest of the story' tonight. I say everyone guess how the miracle continues to online dating.
Hmmmm. That might be fun.
smile

#62140 - 05/10/05 03:39 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
quote:
Originally posted by ariadne54:
Dallasgal,
I agree with most of what you've said. I think even Eharmony is a hoax, however. The other thing...It's a big stretch from meeting people onlne in the personal sites to the issue of cyber sex. I wouldn't even think of such a thing, nor would I know what it was about if it were initiated. I suppose two people who are located far, far apart could indulge in something like that...Is that what you were referring to? It seems sad and foolhardy, doesn't it.
ARI

Ari,

It is sad and foolhardy, but everyday men and women living in the same city or thousands of miles away engage in internet foreplay as well as cybersex without thinking it unusual. (scary, huh?) Without being too crude - the foreplay involves things you may be familiar with (especially if you are on AOL) like getting instant messages asking for nude/sexy pictures, your "measurements", etc. Believe it or not, many women, alone and needing attention, actually find that type of approach flattering. I have file and file of stories on this and I was shocked and appalled at how women relayed that this type of attention was "better than nothing" and "better than getting hurt in real life". The problem with women engaging in the foreplay - sending and receiving provocative pictures, answering intimate questions, etc. is that it creates a sexual identity with the other person and false intimacy between two virtual (no pun intended) strangers.

Often, women and men - including married women and men - will have cyber sex, which is basically an online erotic letter exchanged between two people talking about a mutually experienced sexual encounter. Words create mental images, and many get even more involved with digital cameras and cyber cams capturing moments of "mutual" masturbation.

Most people would not do that, just like most people would not let themselves be picked up in a club for a one night stand - but many people do this type of thing, and guys, especially, gravitate towards this "free" sex environment and "just a click away" sexual attention atmosphere.

It is a really "yuck" world out there and morally, it is just getting more and more bankrupt.

#62141 - 05/20/05 12:13 PM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
overthehillchick Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
I really need to get back on that book I was co-authoring with someone.

My co-author met her husband online and she's been happier than she's been her whole life. Even moved to Scotland to be with him (she was from the east coast of USA).

I, unfortunately, didn't have such good luck when meeting someone I had been talking to for a year or more. He wasn't quite what I expected in real life, but he was sweet never the less.

We still talk, but I was so grateful I did have that opportunity for us to meet. Otherwise, I'd still be wondering if we ever had a "thing." I know now that "thing" was just a friendship (on my part) and have gone on with my life.

Hope this helps!

Dorothy

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved