The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#62106 - 05/04/05 07:43 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Goosebumps for everybody! What a story!

I don't even know Dan and now I want to marry him.

JJ

#62107 - 05/03/05 08:04 PM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey JJ, I didn't know him either and I 'did' marry him. Just goes to prove, sometimes insanity pays off. [Smile]
smile

#62108 - 05/03/05 11:21 PM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
well...its a beautiful love story and I couldn't be happier for you both. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

JJ

#62109 - 05/03/05 11:32 PM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Smile,
What a lovely story.
Maggie

#62110 - 05/04/05 12:24 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Smile, what an awesome story and a good example of a successful Internet relationship. I hope the two of you spend a lifetime getting to know each other. I'm happy for you.

#62111 - 05/04/05 10:15 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
newwriter Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV (for now)
Well, what an interesting topic...

You see, I met my husband through an online dating service. That said, we were both local people. I don't believe I would ever have gotten involved with someone who was clear across the country. As an earlier poster said, I met him in public at a restaurant for dinner. We both drove to the restaurant--that way if we absolutely hated one another, or if he turned out to be some sort of idiot I would have an escape. I would NOT recommend that any woman be picked up at her home by a guy she met online. One's home address should not be given out at all until one knows the other person well, IMHO.

All that said, I believe that dating services are a far cry from just going online in a chat room and meeting someone, although anyone can lie at any time. However, if one has to pay for the service it cuts some of the scum out.

I did have guys approach me through chat rooms, although I never went into many of them (I'm not a fan of chat rooms.) I even had a guy from Russia try to hook up with me---and he was married!

I do believe that if one uses one's head, meeting someone online (i.e. Matchmaker.com or something of that sort) can work. It did for me! One just has to weed out the idiots...and don't meet anyone anywhere except in a public place!

#62112 - 05/04/05 05:54 PM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
smilinize Offline

Newwriter, Please tell us more. Surely there's a great love story here somewhere.
Though my husband and I met in person almost immediately after we met online, we also exchanged some beautiful emails.
Even now, we sometimes email each other love notes just for fun. I print them all out and save them.
I think what we write shows an aspect of us that is not evident in what we say or do. It must show our humanity because only humans do it.
Tell us more.
smile

#62113 - 05/04/05 11:46 PM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
Barbara Jones Offline

Loc: Cullman, Alabama
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been on the road promoting my book titled: INSTANT MESSAGE (IM)

Some people think it's a waste of time trying to hookup with someone from the internet. Some people think meeting someone online is not much different than meeting him or her at a bar, club or any other social gathering.

People do lie and hide behind the monitor and people lie and hide infront of our face too!

People are people where ever we meet them. We just hope for the best when searching for that special someone....or for a better term....soulmate!

I was at a Barnes and Noble bookstore location the other day and many people have found the love of their life online.

So maybe it depends on the person. People will find love where ever they may find it!

#62114 - 05/05/05 12:52 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
I said I am thru dating for a while...but I had met and corresponded with a man not to far from my location for over a month and he had called me several times as well. He was recovering from a recent divorce and then another breakup after that, and we agreed to meet...as friends...for dinner. He is a former Green Beret, Airborne, Vietnam vet, age 52. I met him in the local parking lot of our shopping center in my small town. I felt comfortable enough to take him on a tour of my little town, showing the school where I work, and even where my house is located. Thru dinner, I realized I was dealing with someone with serious emotional problems. He actually broke into tears a couple of times, talking about his past, and kept referring to his lost love. Though his conversation revealed that he is very intelligent, his demeanor and body language was disturbing...not looking me in the eye when he talked, and apologizing profusely for almost everything he said. I drove us back to his car in the parking lot and said a polite good night. I had asked him to email me when he arrived home safely, since he had an hour drive to his home. I also sent a polite email to him saying the dinner was pleasant, and I had enjoyed meeting him. The next day, Sunday, I received a nasty email from him, obviously resentful that the evening didn't result in sex! Since then, on Monday night, I received a message on my answering machine that he was in my town (I didn't answer the phone), and had driven by my house. I live on a dead end street, and it is not easy to just drive by! Also, another message on my machine when he finally arrived home. Then the next day, two emails, posted at 3:30 and 5:30 a.m. saying he was going to sell his house and move here! All this from one "friendly" dinner date. It freaked me out! I sent him a polite email yesterday saying I had decided I wasn't ready to date anyone at this time, preferring to spend the time on my own recovery, and attending to my responsibilities. If the roles were reversed, and I was the one driving by his house after just one friendly date, I know I would be viewed as a potential stalker. I haven't heard from this man since my polite email declining future contact. I think I hooked up with a weirdo.
I'm thru...Chatty!!! Better safe and single.
ARI

#62115 - 05/05/05 01:18 AM Re: Internet Relationships...do they work?
smilinize Offline

Barbara, Please tell us more about your book. I'm sure inquiring minds want to know. Is it a novel? Fiction or non-fiction? It sounds intersting.
smile

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved