The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#61419 - 05/18/04 03:15 AM Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi, everyone. I decided to start my own personal blog (web log) called

"Devotionals by Donna."

I hope you can check it out and leave a comment or two. If you do want to comment, just click on the comment link below the entry you want to comment on. That will take you to a signup page, BUT right below where it says to sign in, there's a place you can click that says "post anonymously'. Then you can leave a comment without a blog account, and leave your name in the comments section.

I don't plan on posting daily -- just when the Lord teaches me a lesson in everyday life.

Thanks so much! - Donna

http://devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com/

#61420 - 05/19/04 10:09 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Donna,

I love how you interpret your faith with life situations. Great job!

#61421 - 05/19/04 10:45 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Dotsie, I sent a personal e-mail, but I want to say publicly I appreciate how supportive you are of your 'Boomer Women.'

Thanks!!

Donna

#61422 - 05/20/04 04:06 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Donna,
Your writing is wonderful. Your faith shines through every word.
smile

[ May 19, 2004, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#61423 - 05/20/04 09:48 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thank you so much for 'visiting.' [Big Grin]

I forgot to say that if anyone want to be notified when I put up a new one (maybe weekly - depends on how inspired I get! LOL!) just e-mail me, and I'll add you to my list.

Thanks!!

Donna

#61424 - 05/20/04 03:03 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ms D, you are such a talented writer. Just got back from a visit to your site...well done girl...well done!

JJ

#61425 - 05/20/04 04:46 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Good morning. I posted under your comment my thanks and how honored I was that the 'Queen' had paid a visit! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I appreciate it!!

Donna

#61426 - 05/21/04 07:04 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Great site Donna, lots if interesting things. Signed up for the newsletter.

#61427 - 05/20/04 08:18 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

You "Boomer Women" are great!!! Thanks so much.

Donna

#61428 - 06/09/04 06:15 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, everyone. I posted a new devotional yesterday if you want to check it out. I'm not putting them up every day. Just a couple times a week.

I added a place on the side where you can sign up to be added to the mailing list, and a forum to post prayer requests.

Thanks!

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

#61429 - 06/16/04 05:43 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, Boomer Women! I posted a new devotional this morning. I put a mini-poll to the right of it to get a gauge on how often people read the type of pieces I'm writing.

Feel free to post your comments and share your thoughts under each post. I've been surprised by those who read the post and then read all the comments, too!

If you visit the forum, you'll find the prayer requests listed there.

Thanks! Here's the link -

Donna

#61430 - 06/18/04 05:39 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hello. I feel like such a loser - I keep answering myself! [Big Grin]

Anyway...I posted a story about a special father on the site today in honor of Father's Day. Hope you get time to take a peek!

Thanks!

Donna

#61431 - 06/18/04 08:48 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

DJ,
Please don't feel that way. The NEW place where I work restricts me to certain sites. Why and how they pick them, is a mystery to me, otherwise, I would be in your forum for sure. I love reading your articles and have signed up for the devotation mailings. Sometimes, things beyond our control (these darn internet police at work) keep us from enjoying places on the net.

You are a talented and gifted writer and I hope you know that. I always enjoy and are uplifted by what you write. Sometimes, you have a valuable lesson for this old hard head of mine too.

You just keep up the good work gal...!!!!!

da Queen has spoken...nuff said.

#61432 - 06/18/04 10:05 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

***I'm bowin' to the Queen*** [Big Grin]

I didn't want to start a new thread every time I post something, so I just keep going back to this one. Then when I saw I kept answering myself, I cracked up!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The Boomer Gals have been wonderfully supportive of this new project of mine.

And thanks for signing up for the mailing list. I only post a couple times a week -- I'm not that prolific yet! Although you'd think so if you ever listened to me talk and talk and...I know y'all understand!

Okay, can I get up now? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Donna

#61433 - 06/19/04 04:39 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DOnna, as I mentioned in the comments on your site, I've read many devotional books and calendars through the years and your writing ranks right up there. Are you working on a daily devotional book?

#61434 - 06/19/04 08:02 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

You know, I do believe God has given me a couple ideas for books, but I'm clueless about how to start! I'd love to put out a book by the same name as the site, too. If it continues to grow in readership, perhaps that will be a possibility. I'm not sure what my next step should be. I'll keep praying.

I'm afraid I'm not very disciplined with my writing. (Dotsie, you know that! LOL!) I'm such a procrastinator. I'm trying to do better, but I need a deadline to get stuff done, and if you're working on something with no real publication possibility in sight, it's hard to get motivated! I should just write out a devotional daily in praise to the Lord. Hmmm...I might have just talked myself into a plan! You guys need to hold me accountable.

I put a poll on the site to see how often people read devotionals. Once or twice a week seems to be the norm. Maybe you all can tell me about some of your experiences with those types of books. Which kind do you like? About how long were each one? Did you pray the prayer at the end?

I'm still holding to the plan to only put a couple per week on the site. I've had a few people ask for more, but at this point I don't want to burn anyone out. I guess I'm still struggling with the idea that people do look forward to them. You know? Some people think everything they write is brilliant. Not me. I'm always amazed when I write. I do feel the Lord's leading. I have to say. All glory goes to Him!

I've gone on enough. Thanks for letting me 'think out loud.' And I look forward to reading of your experiences.

Donna

#61435 - 06/19/04 10:32 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Donna,
Dostsies idea for you is terriffic. I've read your bloq articles and love them.
Yes, I've read the devotional books during the year and enjoy them because that starts my day out right. Being more a crafts person than a writer I enjoy the writing that you do. Am always looking for something like this.
Maggie

#61436 - 06/22/04 07:30 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hello. I'm glad to hear there is still a need for more devotionals. I figured the market couldn't stand much more, but maybe I'm wrong. I sure hope so!

I put a story up today about how the Lord gave me peace when Don had his heart attack.

Hope it's a blessing!

Donna

#61437 - 06/22/04 12:17 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Donna, I read your latest and I related to it - I too have felt the warmth of the Comforter when I needed it most.Your writing has a ring of truth about it which sets it apart from other devotionals I have read. I look forward to the book!

#61438 - 06/22/04 04:01 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Julie! I read your post first thing this morning. You made my day!

I'm adding your comments under that post, but I'll just use your first name. Some people read the devo and then all the comments. My SIL was the first one to tell me she liked to read every comment. Some blogs are set up without comments, but I've found them to be encouraging and also a kind of research - I can tell which ones were better received. So far - the Bird Nerd ones are the big hit. I'm coming up with more along that line! The Lord's blessed me with five more, and it's all I can do not to post them all at once. LOL!

Thanks!
Donna

#61439 - 06/23/04 07:14 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Donna, I have a few ideas for you as far as the book goes and I'd be happy to talk by phone if you want. 1-877-bboomer.

When I was in the early stages of writing this anthology I went to the library and book stores. I checked out and purchased tons of anthologies. I've either read or researched any that I could get my hands on. It has been extremely helpful.

I recorded what I liked and didn't like. If I had purchased them I wrote comments all through them. I got a feel for the type of stories that I thought were encouraging. I noted the table of contents, chapter divisions, information about writers, you name it and I just kept gathering information. Actually I'm still doing it. Reading another right now.

I think if you start doing this with devotionals you will eventually get a feel for how you want to write yours. The Lord will lead you and all these fireworks will start going off in your head and you'll have to listen. [Wink] That's the Lord leading you.

Just keep doing what you're doing, but do it with the intention that you are working on a book.

Call me sometime. I have more to share but it's too much to type. I love encouraging people who are using their God-given gifts. It's such fun.

Oh, and for the record, I like to finish reading a devotion and feel moved to make some kind of change for good. [Wink]

#61440 - 06/23/04 03:06 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Julie Offline

DOTS!!
Are you crazy? Giving a phone number on an internet forum? [Roll Eyes]

#61441 - 06/24/04 07:22 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh Julie, you sond like my mom and it feels so good. [Big Grin]

I can hear her now, "Good Lord child, someone could look you up, follow you, and God knows what".

But it's okay becasue my number is already on my site.

Thanks for lookin g out for me and I probably won't do it again. I'll use the e-mail feature.

Donna called and we had a great chat. Now I've seen her picture AND heard her voice. [Wink]

#61442 - 06/23/04 08:29 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Donna:
You are doing a great job sharing those everyday lessons in a devotional. May God bless you and keep you inspiring others in our daily walk with Him.

I too write devotionals, although, up to now, I've been writing them in Spanish. I am considering writing and or translating some of the many I already have, so that my English-speaking lady boomers will be able to enjoy them too? Sounds like a good plan? [Cool]

#61443 - 06/24/04 12:01 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

eeekkkk! Sorry, I wasn't able to post until now...hahaha...You may get up off your knees now...hey you! wake up! Get up from there...

Oh Lord...I gotta check in more often...poor thing!

#61444 - 06/24/04 08:33 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Hi Donna:
Yesterday, I read your devotional- The Peace of God". I posted a comment. (Rhodi)
Can you please email me? Thanks [Smile]

#61445 - 06/25/04 07:01 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi! I sent you a private message through the board. Hope you got it!

I also posted a new SHORT devo today. The past couple were a bit longer, so this one's more lighthearted and shorter.

Thanks for reading!
Donna

#61446 - 06/26/04 07:35 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna:
I replied to your email before reading your devotional. Did you notice how we used the same scripture verse? Coincidence? I don't think so!
You are doing a great job. May the Lord continue to use you for the glory of His name.

[Smile] I look forward to your email.

#61447 - 06/27/04 07:34 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Songbird, I DID notice that! I just assumed you'd already scanned the devo!

I got eager and posted a new one this morning. I was listening to the radio and got inspired. I also included a poem today - now that's a first! [Big Grin]

As always - thanks for visiting the site!

Donna

#61448 - 06/27/04 03:00 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Writing devotions is one genre where your heart has to be in the right place. Your eyes are always open to the Holy Spirit for new material. What a way to live! [Wink]

#61449 - 06/27/04 10:41 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
DonnaJ... I went to your site, LOVED, HELLO, Loved it, and I'll be checking in often.

I should have checked it out sooner... and really should have looked at it yesterday morning. I wouldn't have spent half my day being afraid of the paint, which, as it turned out was really dumb because I got lots of stuff done. My red chest of drawers now has a HUGE black-eyed Susan that spills from the top to the front with a couple of oversized leaves that spill from the bottom to the top. And my door that we salvaged from my "crap-on-the-road" now sports a young person looking up and pointing at the moon. It was so much fun and so peaceful for me.

I am ever amazed at God in his wisdom. I've actually quit trying to figure out (well... for the most part) how God is going to do something, or work something around.

I'm pretty much content to be right where I'm at and try to find out what I'm supposed to be learning at the time. [Wink] But then sometimes I forget.

Anyway, your thoughts are very well put. Thank you.

Kate [Razz]

#61450 - 06/29/04 04:49 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Kate, thanks for checking it out AND the compliments. I'm so glad the message for the today was so timely! [Big Grin]

Your painting sounds so whimsical. I haven't painted in a while. Makes me want to try it again.

Thanks!

Donna

#61451 - 07/07/04 06:42 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, everyone! I think Blogspot has been overloaded or something. At any rate, I hope it's straightened out.

I added a guestbook to the site. Chatty has already come by and signed in! You're welcome to do that and add your website to the entry.

I put a place at the bottom where you can put a prayer request, too. I'm going to try to put some of them on occasionally along with praise reports.

Thanks again!

Donna

#61452 - 07/07/04 12:35 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Praise reports...great idea. So often we may requests and forget to give thanks when our prayers are answered. [Wink]

#61453 - 07/08/04 01:56 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

I signed your guestbook too! Happy writing!

#61454 - 07/08/04 05:08 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thank you, 'Songbird'! I appreciate it.

Yes, Dotsie, I intend to put the prayer requests up on Mondays, and praise reports on Fridays when I can. I keep two lists myself. I started that several years ago, when I got really convicted about always asking and then forgetting to praise the Lord. I think I already have a couple devotionals related to that. I guess I'm preachin' to myself! LOL!

Donna

#61455 - 07/08/04 06:15 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Donna, I preach to myself too! [Wink] I think we all do. We need convincing!

#61456 - 07/08/04 09:52 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Yes indeed. We do preach to ourselves, and don't worry... There is nothing wrong with it [Smile] .

Remember that what is helpful to us may be helpful for others as well.

So, as the Holy Spirit impresses us to write these messages, we shouldn't be afraid to feel like preaching to ourselves!

After all... If a preacher does not apply the Scripture to himself first, how can he preach?

Remember your article "Writing For One"? So, take courage and write away! [Smile]

#61457 - 07/11/04 07:49 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Songbird, you gave me an idea, and I re-worked my blog on writing as a devotional on mine called "An Audience of One."

I posted praise reports today.

Please pray for my brother. After I posted the praise about his coming through the surgery, I got a call from my sister, and he's taken a turn for the worse. I just talked to her again, and the doctors are throwing around phrases about his liver and kidneys. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. His name is David.

Also - thanks to all of you who signed the guestbook!

Donna

#61458 - 07/11/04 04:17 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna: I'm praying for David. He's in God's hands. Hope he's better soon!

David's an easy name for me to remember. My youngest son is David too.

I always include the prayer requests that my forum friends have when I pray.

Glad you posted a devotional on such an important topic. May God continue to bless you and your writing!

#61459 - 07/15/04 09:43 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Okay, Dotsie. I got the book "Spiritual Writing" today. I'm going to start on it right away. I'll let you know how I like it, and maybe God is using you and this book to direct me!

Donna

#61460 - 07/15/04 04:42 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I can't wait to hear what you think of the book. I have a feeling you're going to love it. I think it will give you lots of guidance. I picture you underlining and taking notes the whole way through! [Wink]

#61461 - 07/16/04 07:08 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Dotsie, you are going to crack up. I HAVE read this book! About a year ago! When I started reading, I kept thinking, "This all sounds familiar." Then I remembered...I checked it out of the library.

But now that it's mine, I can underline and make notes. When you get them from the library, it's just not the same. Plus now I have more writing time under my belt, and at least, the start of a plan.

Last night at church, my hubby quoted, "Many are called, but few are chosen" from the Bible, and then I opened this book up last night, and that same quote was in the front (although not credited as Scripture).

Thanks for the recommendation!

Donna

#61462 - 07/15/04 08:10 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Donna,

I just read your devotion. It is beautiful and the reality and truth of it hit 'home' to me.

Thank you for writing that. I will be checking out more devotionals from you, whenver you post them.

Great job!

#61463 - 07/16/04 05:18 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Toni, thank you so much! I'll post your comment under the latest post. I hope that's okay.

I try to remember to update when I post a devotional. I've been super-busy this week. We are having a tent revival (94 degrees at the beginning of the week!) so that's kept me hopping. I post about twice a week until now.

Thanks again!

Donna

#61464 - 07/18/04 01:50 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, everyone. The latest post on D by D has to do with our tent revival.

Also- please pray for Patti, a woman in our church whose daughter, 26, died early this morning. We are all in shock. She was at church last night.

It's almost time for me to go back under the tent. Talk to you soon! Here's the link: www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

Donna

#61465 - 07/21/04 03:51 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, Boomers! I have a new devo up called "Dust and Discipline" - one I have a lot of and one I need a lot more! LOL!

Please continue to keep Patti in your prayers. Her daughter's funeral is Friday. Also - if you scroll down to the bottom of the main page, you can leave your requests and praise reports.

Thanks! Here's the link: www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

Donna

#61466 - 07/21/04 10:15 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna: I totally enjoyed reading your new inspiring devotional! You have a wonderful gift! God bless you.

#61467 - 07/22/04 06:14 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thank you for stopping by. My life has been crazy this week. There's probably a few dozen ideas rolling around in my head because of it. *g*

Thanks for taking time to comment, too.

Donna

#61468 - 07/25/04 12:09 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Toni Offline

Donna,

Just noticed--sometimes I'm a bit slow--that you're from Ohio! So am I...I'm from Newark, Ohio about 30 miles from Columbus, Ohio. I don't often meet someone from that area, so it's really great to meet you and read your work! I will be looking over your latest work later this evening.

And, you certainly can use my quote from my other posting!

Keep going; you're doing fantastic stuff!

#61469 - 07/25/04 04:10 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, Toni! Yes, I'm just north of Cincinnati. I believe there are three of us Boomers from Ohio. Speakermom is, too!

Thanks for checking out the site!

Donna

#61470 - 07/29/04 05:34 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, everyone. I had someone email me yesterday offering to run a free blogad on their site for two weeks. Check it out at:

http://www.thegreatseparation.com

He runs a lot of the odder newstories, some from mainstream media, and some they overlook. It's an interesting site.

Also - I had someone recommend me for a job yesterday - a writing job! I'm praying that if it's God's will, He will work it out.

As Dotsie would say...Blessings!

Donna

#61471 - 07/29/04 04:11 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Congrats! Beautiful ad, Donna! Will be praying for your writing job!! God bless you abundantly!

#61472 - 07/31/04 07:52 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thanks, Songbird!

I put up a new post today. Thanks, Dotsie, for checking it out already!

I've also added a link to an article in the Inspiration Station that came out today!

Please pray for my husband. Today was his last day at a company he'd been with for 31 years. His job was 'eliminated.' [Frown]

I'm headed to a Homearama to look at how the 'other side' lives. Have a great weekend everyone!

Donna

#61473 - 07/31/04 12:17 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Dotsie! You won't believe it! I found a typo in that latest article. Ack! I know it wasn't there when I sent it. I sent an email asking the editor to fix it, but...

Oh, well...thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Donna

#61474 - 08/07/04 07:59 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

I just sent out the good news to the mailing list. I got a contract to write devotionals! I'm very excited and humbled at the prospect. I believe it will be great training for me.

Since I had requested prayer for little Jordon on the blog, I sent a notice out to continue to pray for you, Joyce, and the rest of your family. You are being held up in prayer by people all over the world.

I put up a new Mini-poll. Everyone seems to enjoy those.

Thanks, Boomer Babes! - Donna

#61475 - 08/07/04 09:15 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Congrats DJ...no surprise there though. Dotsie told you (and rightfully so) that your writing ranks right up there with the best.

You da bomb! (am I cool withe the lango or what?)

JJ

#61476 - 08/08/04 02:36 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

You're the coolest, JJ! And thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm getting a tad nervous now that I've committed. Pray for me!

Donna

#61477 - 08/09/04 04:37 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Congratulations, Donna. I am so glad for you! May the Lord bless you abundantly and give you the words that will reach and touch many for him. Every calling from God is also a promise that he will equip you. So abide in his promise and he will lead the way!!!

#61478 - 08/09/04 05:05 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Rhodi, thanks for that assurance. I really appreciate that. You have a real knack for being an encouragement. [Smile]

And thanks for reading and commenting on the chidren's poem. I did write it because my kids always wanted my packed lunch! Teehee! I also tucked notes in occasionally.

I checked with a children's writing website and asked if kids still packed before I sent it in. Turns out they do, although they don't use the brown paper sack that I did!

Have a great day, Boomers!

#61479 - 08/09/04 09:24 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

No problem, sis! That's what friends are for. [Wink]

#61480 - 09/13/04 09:49 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, everyone! I just got back from the Ohio SCBWI conference over the weekend. Fun and informative. Really makes me itch to get back to my children's writing.

BUT - on another note, I put up a new devotional today. I've worked on the site, and posted a link to a "Joke of the Day", the "News of the Day", and even a button to push to make D by D your home page.

The best thing though, I found a tagboard. Does anyone else know about these? I hope people will feel comfortable posting prayer requests, praises, and anything else they want to talk about on it. I'll see. I don't want to add so much that it loads too slowly. You know? You guys who've had websites for a while could probably advise me on this.

Oh, and I don't think I told my boomer buddies, I'm under contract now. I'm a pro! LOL! Someone saw my devos on-line and recommended me for a writing project. So I'm blessed!

Donna

#61481 - 09/15/04 03:03 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

[Smile] Donna, you do such a great job! I enjoyed "Blogging For Jesus" today. Best wishes and may God bless your endeavor!

#61482 - 09/16/04 04:39 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Toni Offline

Donna,

Will take a break from school this morning and check it out!

Thank you!

#61483 - 09/16/04 04:41 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Donna, please tell us more about your writing assignment.

Toni, it's good to see you. How are you and your husband doing in school?

#61484 - 09/16/04 04:56 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Toni Offline

Hi Dotsie,

Just posted a short note up above. Roy and I are doing great! The work assignments are interesting and challenging.

Miss the Boomer Site and it's nice coming back and writing a few lines. Hope you and everyone here is well and enjoying the last of summer.

Take care, and I'll write more, later.

#61485 - 09/16/04 06:26 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, everyone. A few details? Okay! Glad to! LOL!

Someone saw the link to my devotionals under my signature in an email. They checked out my writing, and then recommended me to someone they were working with on a project. She checked me out, wanted a resume (yikes! had to do one! [Big Grin] ), and then after I sent samples, I got the job. It's very different for me, but very challenging as well! I'm so blessed to have this opportunity. I know y'all have been praying for me. You've told me so, and I SO appreciate it!

I can't answer all the posts on the board, but trust me, I check out 'new posts' every day, and pray for all of you. And thanks, Dotsie, for asking! You know, you advised me when I first put the site up, to add a link under my signature. So everyone, do that! That's my advice for the day. You never know who might click on it, and read your writing.

Donna

#61486 - 09/16/04 08:10 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Donna--you go! How bout that? We couldn't be more glad...you are so talented and I'm not the least bit surprised to hear you were snatched up. Someone had very good insight to grab you!

Now...you didn't tell us WHO you are writing for now.

So thrilled for you Ms D!

JJ

#61487 - 09/16/04 09:03 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

JJ, I know! There's a clause in my contract that says I won't specifically discuss the details. Yikes! Do you know how hard that is? LOL!!

But I do have a deadline of November 1st, so I can discuss it fairly soon, I would hope. It's exciting!

Oh, and that's Princess Donna, you know! [Wink]

#61488 - 09/16/04 09:15 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

eeeek! Of course it is Princess Donna...forgive... [Eek!]

Well, we will just have to wait till Nov to read what you've contributed. You will keep us informed, won't you?
[Smile]
Hugs,

JJ

#61489 - 10/06/04 10:05 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Just an update for those of you who check out the devos now and again. I took down the Tagboard. It caused popups, which I hate! So it's outta here! BUT I did put a couple of my children's poems up on another blog called "Topsy Turvy World." I've written a picture book by that name. I put a link from the Devo. site, but here's a direct link if you have kiddies or grandkiddies.

Topsy Turvy World

Of course I'm still doing the devotionals, too. I put one up this morning about locking myself in the basement. [Eek!] [Eek!]

And JJ, I did answer your question about why I would ever hide a key in my basement in the comment section. [Big Grin]

It's a beautiful, sunny, fall day here in Ohio. Hope everyone is having a blessed day.

Donna

#61490 - 10/07/04 04:35 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Donna, I left you a message on the devotion board. I was reminded of a prayer while reading one of your devotions. I posted it there.

#61491 - 10/07/04 08:38 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Dotsie, you and 'da Queen' are probably the most faithful visitors to comment. I get comments on the comments. lol! I started getting a few visitors over on the Topsy Turvy site, too. So that's been fun.

Thank you!
Donna

#61492 - 10/09/04 07:38 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
chickadee Offline

Hi Donna,
Just checked out your site and registered. Looking forward to your daily devotionals.

#61493 - 10/09/04 10:40 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi! Thanks for signing up! I have gotten quite a few who've signed up that way. I usually put something up a couple of times a week.

And speaking of the devos, I was contacted today by someone wanting me to write an article about it. Praise the Lord!

Donna

#61494 - 10/09/04 11:07 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you, everything is just falling into place the way it should!

#61495 - 10/13/04 06:08 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thank you. I'm humbled by the opportunities. I have a prayer request. Please remember me as I do these devotionals. My heart's desire is that they touch people and inspire them. And then I think? Who, me? What do I have to say? So please...when you say a prayer, ask the Lord to touch and inspire me. I know this is probably a request common to all the Christian writers on the board.

Thanks. Donna

#61496 - 10/13/04 06:17 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

I'm praying, Donna. And be assured: the Lord is guiding you each step of the way. He'll take you places you've never imagined [Smile] ! I'm so glad for you!

#61497 - 10/13/04 08:36 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Songbird:
I'm praying, Donna. And be assured: the Lord is guiding you each step of the way. He'll take you places you've never imagined [Smile] ! I'm so glad for you!

Amen songbird.

DOnna, all you have to do is keep asking for guidance and he will give it. He yearns for you to spread His word. YOu are doing well honey, and I'm praying for your success. I've told you before and I'll tell you again. I've read lots of devotional books through the years and your inspirational pieces rank right up there.

Read the Bible and listen to Him. You'll continue to be inspired....

#61498 - 10/14/04 09:07 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thank you, thank you. I've been praying and seeking inspiration the past two days and God is faithful!

#61499 - 12/17/04 07:36 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

I just thought today - I never thanked all of you for sending up so many prayers for me as I worked on the devotional project. I did finish -two days ahead of deadline! I heard back from the manager for the project, and she said my writing was 'awesome' and she had to do very little editing. She also said she hoped to work with me again. Yes!! So I wanted to give a heartfelt thanks to all of you who remembered me as I sought inspiration from the Lord and His Word as I wrote.

Oh, and I got paid, too! Right before Christmas. Now ain't that a good blessing! [Big Grin]

#61500 - 12/17/04 03:38 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Donna,
You don't have to thank us. We love you. It was an easy thing to do. And we are all soooo proud for you. You deserve it. You are a wonderful writer...keep up the good word! No, that's not a mistake. You write about the "good word" and what you write is good!

JJ

#61501 - 12/17/04 04:22 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

May you always remain tuned to God's voice so that you may continue to, so vividly, share His Word with others!

Blessings!

#61502 - 12/17/04 05:21 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DOnna, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your writing career take off this year. I hope you reflect and realize how far you've come! Not eveyrone can write devotions the way you do. It's one of your God given gifts. Thanks for using it! People will continue to be blessed by your words. Doesn't that make you feel all good inside. You are answering His call!

#61503 - 12/17/04 06:55 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

JJ, you're gonna make me cry. Rhodi, thank for the good blessing, and Dotsie - you've been such an encouragement to me. I don't think you realize how much! [Big Grin]

I put up a devotional about weddings this week, and last week I put up a link to a Christmas one. If you go to the Women with Heart site while you're at work, turn your speakers down! I never have my speakers turned up on my laptop. Someone at church thanked me for the pretty music. She laughed when I looked puzzled and said, "There's music??" lol!

The past few weeks, I've only been able to get one devo per week because we've been so busy. Last week we had two weddings, a funeral, and a big party at our house. Whew!

Thanks again!! - Donna

#61504 - 12/23/04 02:13 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Good day, everyone! I'm snowbound! It's been snowing at a steady rate of more than an inch per hour today.

I've used this time to post a new devotional inspired by the snowstorm.

http://donnashepherd.com

I managed to post on the Master's Artists blog, too, if you want to check that site out. It's a good community of writers interested in promoting the message of Christ through our writing.

http://themastersartist.blogspot.com/

We are expecting maybe ten more inches of snow! [Eek!] I just might get caught up on my email. [Big Grin]

#61505 - 12/23/04 06:10 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
smilinize Offline

Very good work Donna. Excellent site also. Well done.
smile

#61506 - 12/23/04 04:40 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna, I thank God for you! Thanks for the reminder of the reason for the season.

#61507 - 12/23/04 06:41 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Thanks! I've had a good time working on it. I've toyed of moving the whole thing to a different site, but I like being able to have the comments sections. I've tried to put up prayer requests, but it was too unwieldy, so I get those through email now.

I found a new thing today - an audio blog! You guys ought to try it out.

*I'm pretty sure being snowbound is starting to get to me. lol! We have twenty inches of snow on the ground with thirty inch drifts. [Eek!]

#61508 - 12/23/04 10:41 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

20 inches? Enjoy your white christmas, Donna. May you all be well!

[ December 23, 2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#61509 - 01/14/05 09:48 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Last time I updated this thread, I had just tried Audioblogging. I talked with the editor of an audiozine who asked me to contribute a devotional to her site. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://quikonnex.com/channel/category/1799/id/430

She also has an interview with Liz Curtis Higgs on there. Some of you might have read her books.

Thanks! - Donna

#61510 - 04/15/05 07:56 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Wow. I hadn't checked in on this thread for months! I just read through the entire thread, and discovered it's like a diary of my writing journey. It's a blessing to have a written record of the journey and the support you Boomer Women have given to me.

I posted a devotional today, and wanted to remind anyone who's interested that I do have a mailing list. There's a form on the site to fill out, or you can send me your email address and I'll add you to the list.

The other day I found an addictive game called Topsy Turvy, so I added it to the Topsy Turvy Land children's site. Don't start if you don't have a few minutes to spend! [Big Grin]

Earlier in this thread, I requested prayer as I wrote the devotionals for the book - Daily Grace for Women. As I sit here at my laptop, the book is only a few inches away. It amazes me that the words I typed have ended up in this book, which is being distributed in places I'll probably never visit!

Right now I'm working with a small publisher on my children's book. (The cover is on both sites.) I would appreciate your prayers concerning this endeavor. The book could be distributed in both Christian and secular outlets, so I'm very excited about it, and I hope to do school visits, library readings, etc. I'd very much appreciate your continuing prayers about it all. It's a bit overwhelming. [Smile]

Thanks for the support that continues to this day. Dotsie, you're a gem, and I appreciate the promotion you do for your friends.

Donna

aka Princess Donna (that's for you, JJ!)

#61511 - 04/19/05 07:48 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Songbird:

[Smile] Have you seen this take place in your writing journey? I'm sure you have seen it and I will continue to pray for the Lord's plan to be fulfilled in your life.

Blessings!

#61512 - 05/15/05 05:18 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

I need your help, gals. My laptop died and along with it my mailing list for the devotionals AND the children's book. [Eek!] I've prayed, cried, and prayed some more. [Frown] I do have a disk with some writing on it, but I had not backed up for a few weeks. Yikes!

Thankfully, I do have everything to finish the children's book. For some reason (God's goodness urging me, I'm sure!) [Big Grin] I've been sending everything to a Gmail account just in case. Well, that case came!

SO, if you are on either list, could you please visit that website and sign up again? There's an email form on both sites now! Also - if you've never been on either list, I don't send out a bunch of email. [Smile] Just a notice when I put something up, have something published, or a new children's poem! [Big Grin]

Thanks SO much! Website addresses below my name.

Donna

#61513 - 05/16/05 07:36 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Donna, I feel for you honey. I remember the huge hole in my heart and gut the day my computer died. It's like losing a living thing. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

I'm praying for that feeling to leave and be restored with a clear mind to carry on with gusto!

#61514 - 06/16/05 10:51 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Well, ladies, I'm still carrying on! I posted a devotional today, and I'd like to remind those of you who want to sign up again to use the form in the right hand column. You'll be sent an email with a link to confirm your addition to the mailing list. Simple!

Thanks and God bless you.

Donna (address below my name)

#61515 - 06/20/05 05:30 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Julie Offline

...old and new treasures...

love it

thanks Donna for these thoughts

hope I can find some treasure within

hi everyone

yes i've been at the beach
don't know where to leap back in so this is as good as anywhere!

(i turn my back and all the names have changed...)

#61516 - 06/20/05 06:18 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Julie! Good to 'see' you. Glad you jumped back into my part of the pool. [Smile]

#61517 - 06/20/05 04:49 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
chickadee Offline

Welcome Julie, nice to see you here.

Chick

#61518 - 06/20/05 10:09 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna, what an inspiration to read your articles! May the Lord continue to bless you in His service.

#61519 - 07/13/05 10:44 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Songbird sent me a note. So sweet! I'm alive and kicking, but my laptop isn't. It finally bit the dust for good, and I'm waiting on a new one. Really cramps my writing style!

I did go to the doc yesterday. I found out I have Carpal Tunnel (which I suspected, of course!) and the only other thing he can figure out is that it might be what's called a 'familial tremor.' He wanted to put me on a beta blocker, but I've tried those before for the irregular heartbeat, and I hate them. So...we are waiting another four weeks. If it's not better, he wants to do an MRI to rule out MS. But I have no symptoms of MS, so he's not really considering that. He said if I had a glass of wine, and the tremor went away, I'd know it was familial. I asked him if his prescription was for me to start drinking???? ROFLOL! He got VERY embarrassed. lol! He had just seen my pastor husband earlier in the day for his annual checkup, so he really didn't want me to go home and tell my DH that I needed a drink. LOL!

Thanks for being concerned about me!

BTW - did anyone have wardrobe tips for me when I speak at the conference? Shall I wear pink? Black? One thing I've ruled out - horizontal stripes. [Wink]

#61520 - 07/13/05 11:14 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna: glad to know you're ok. I can imagine your hubby's reaction to your Doc's Rx. [Roll Eyes]

Well... I'm no fashion consultant, but I like black skirts or dark colored skirts. Of course, you might've figured out why [Wink] , it helps my chubby self look slimmer [Big Grin] .

#61521 - 07/13/05 11:40 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
smilinize Offline

I agree with song, but I like to add a jacket or sweater in a pretty color to the top. Dark colors receed while bright colors attract and a matching dark color on both top and bottom enlongates the body. The looser fit of a jacket distracts from body size and the bright color adds interest.

smile

#61522 - 07/14/05 12:51 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Wow, fashion consulting too. I like black mixed with something bright. The most important thing you need to wear is a smile! That is what makes all of us most attractive.

#61523 - 07/14/05 02:04 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Smile, I forgot to add the top [Eek!] .Thanks for adding it for me.

Dots, I agree! [Big Grin] A Smile and confidence in our Father's direction will add beauty beyond words!

#61524 - 07/14/05 02:24 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hey Donna: It's really neat to catch you here as well as the CEA site.

I'm amazed at some of our similar neurological symptoms. In fact, I just experienced some tremors in my left arm and spent 4th of July in the ER. Since I had a stroke, anything like this sets off alarms. No real diagnosis or prognosis. Because of some other problems, the doctors have thought I had MS ... but there is no one definitive symptom -- just a culmination of many. Still no MS diagnosis and I'm so thankful for that. Then again, no diagnosis for other problems. I figure God is giving me an opportunity to develop patience. I will pray that future tests might provide a solid diagnosis and prognosis. And, hope you can replace your laptop soon.

To all of you: I would also like to invite folks to visit my blog, Write from the Heart at http://tenderheartaz.blogspot.com. I've started posting regularly there (3 times a week). It's content is Christ-centered and I find the more I'm in God's will, the more He gives me to write about.

Blessings, Francine

#61525 - 07/14/05 06:52 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Francine, I don't recall what MS stands for. Will you please enlighten me a bit?

I hope you feel better and and will visit blog later as time permits. I love Christ-centered blogs.

#61526 - 07/14/05 11:43 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hi, Francine! I'm glad to see you!

MS is for Multiple Sclerosis - a chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.

I'm praying for NO MS for either myself or Francine!

As to the wardrobe tips - thanks so much! I'm thinking of finding something comfortable, but dressy, but not too dressy....well, you see my dilemma. I like the idea of wearing black with something more colorful around my face. And I just HAVE to find cute shoes. [Smile]

#61527 - 07/15/05 01:31 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Songbird ... Donna gave a much more succinct definition than I ever could.

And the thing is, it usually can only be diagnosed as the disease progresses and other "things" are ruled out. A process of elimination, so to speak.

When I return to Arizona, I'm hoping to go to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix to see if we can get to the bottom of all the problems.

And Donna, let us know how the speaking engagement goes. I'm sure you'll look lovely.

Thanks for the prayers.

Blessings, Francine

#61528 - 07/15/05 05:42 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Francine and Donna: I'm definitely praying none of you have MS. Thanks for clarifying that for me. It just slipped my mind and couldn't figure it out!- [Big Grin] Memorypause [Confused] ?

Blessings!

#61529 - 07/16/05 06:24 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

No, that's MP. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I posted something new last night - hadn't done that in a while. Felt good.

Donna

#61530 - 12/15/05 01:12 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Posted a Christmas devotional! Here's the link. Feel free to share your thoughts by clicking 'comments' just below the post. Thanks!

http://www.donnashepherd.com

Donna

[ December 14, 2005, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: DonnaJ ]

#61531 - 12/15/05 07:02 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Donna, another lovely devotion. "Called to"... is something I stay focused on in my morning devotional time. I like how you reference the song Born To Be Wild. I never would have thought of that. Very cool. A fun devotional time might be spent writing Born to be ... with new lyrics that pertain to whatever we feel we are being called to do. Thanks for the idea.

#61532 - 12/16/05 08:05 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Someone commented that maybe I'm 'born to blog.' LOL!

Very good idea, Dotsie! Thanks!

Donna

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved