The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#61439 - 06/23/04 07:14 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Donna, I have a few ideas for you as far as the book goes and I'd be happy to talk by phone if you want. 1-877-bboomer.

When I was in the early stages of writing this anthology I went to the library and book stores. I checked out and purchased tons of anthologies. I've either read or researched any that I could get my hands on. It has been extremely helpful.

I recorded what I liked and didn't like. If I had purchased them I wrote comments all through them. I got a feel for the type of stories that I thought were encouraging. I noted the table of contents, chapter divisions, information about writers, you name it and I just kept gathering information. Actually I'm still doing it. Reading another right now.

I think if you start doing this with devotionals you will eventually get a feel for how you want to write yours. The Lord will lead you and all these fireworks will start going off in your head and you'll have to listen. [Wink] That's the Lord leading you.

Just keep doing what you're doing, but do it with the intention that you are working on a book.

Call me sometime. I have more to share but it's too much to type. I love encouraging people who are using their God-given gifts. It's such fun.

Oh, and for the record, I like to finish reading a devotion and feel moved to make some kind of change for good. [Wink]

#61440 - 06/23/04 03:06 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
DOTS!!
Are you crazy? Giving a phone number on an internet forum? [Roll Eyes]

#61441 - 06/24/04 07:22 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh Julie, you sond like my mom and it feels so good. [Big Grin]

I can hear her now, "Good Lord child, someone could look you up, follow you, and God knows what".

But it's okay becasue my number is already on my site.

Thanks for lookin g out for me and I probably won't do it again. I'll use the e-mail feature.

Donna called and we had a great chat. Now I've seen her picture AND heard her voice. [Wink]

#61442 - 06/23/04 08:29 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Donna:
You are doing a great job sharing those everyday lessons in a devotional. May God bless you and keep you inspiring others in our daily walk with Him.

I too write devotionals, although, up to now, I've been writing them in Spanish. I am considering writing and or translating some of the many I already have, so that my English-speaking lady boomers will be able to enjoy them too? Sounds like a good plan? [Cool]

#61443 - 06/24/04 12:01 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
eeekkkk! Sorry, I wasn't able to post until now...hahaha...You may get up off your knees now...hey you! wake up! Get up from there...

Oh Lord...I gotta check in more often...poor thing!

#61444 - 06/24/04 08:33 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Hi Donna:
Yesterday, I read your devotional- The Peace of God". I posted a comment. (Rhodi)
Can you please email me? Thanks [Smile]

#61445 - 06/25/04 07:01 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi! I sent you a private message through the board. Hope you got it!

I also posted a new SHORT devo today. The past couple were a bit longer, so this one's more lighthearted and shorter.

Thanks for reading!
Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

#61446 - 06/26/04 07:35 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Donna:
I replied to your email before reading your devotional. Did you notice how we used the same scripture verse? Coincidence? I don't think so!
You are doing a great job. May the Lord continue to use you for the glory of His name.

[Smile] I look forward to your email.

#61447 - 06/27/04 07:34 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Songbird, I DID notice that! I just assumed you'd already scanned the devo!

I got eager and posted a new one this morning. I was listening to the radio and got inspired. I also included a poem today - now that's a first! [Big Grin]

As always - thanks for visiting the site!

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

#61448 - 06/27/04 03:00 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Writing devotions is one genre where your heart has to be in the right place. Your eyes are always open to the Holy Spirit for new material. What a way to live! [Wink]

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved