The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#61429 - 06/16/04 05:43 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi, Boomer Women! I posted a new devotional this morning. I put a mini-poll to the right of it to get a gauge on how often people read the type of pieces I'm writing.

Feel free to post your comments and share your thoughts under each post. I've been surprised by those who read the post and then read all the comments, too!

If you visit the forum, you'll find the prayer requests listed there.

Thanks! Here's the link -

www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

Donna

#61430 - 06/18/04 05:39 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hello. I feel like such a loser - I keep answering myself! [Big Grin]

Anyway...I posted a story about a special father on the site today in honor of Father's Day. Hope you get time to take a peek!

Thanks!

Donna

#61431 - 06/18/04 08:48 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
DJ,
Please don't feel that way. The NEW place where I work restricts me to certain sites. Why and how they pick them, is a mystery to me, otherwise, I would be in your forum for sure. I love reading your articles and have signed up for the devotation mailings. Sometimes, things beyond our control (these darn internet police at work) keep us from enjoying places on the net.

You are a talented and gifted writer and I hope you know that. I always enjoy and are uplifted by what you write. Sometimes, you have a valuable lesson for this old hard head of mine too.

You just keep up the good work gal...!!!!!

da Queen has spoken...nuff said.

#61432 - 06/18/04 10:05 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

***I'm bowin' to the Queen*** [Big Grin]

I didn't want to start a new thread every time I post something, so I just keep going back to this one. Then when I saw I kept answering myself, I cracked up!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The Boomer Gals have been wonderfully supportive of this new project of mine.

And thanks for signing up for the mailing list. I only post a couple times a week -- I'm not that prolific yet! Although you'd think so if you ever listened to me talk and talk and...I know y'all understand!

Okay, can I get up now? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Donna

#61433 - 06/19/04 04:39 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DOnna, as I mentioned in the comments on your site, I've read many devotional books and calendars through the years and your writing ranks right up there. Are you working on a daily devotional book?

#61434 - 06/19/04 08:02 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

You know, I do believe God has given me a couple ideas for books, but I'm clueless about how to start! I'd love to put out a book by the same name as the site, too. If it continues to grow in readership, perhaps that will be a possibility. I'm not sure what my next step should be. I'll keep praying.

I'm afraid I'm not very disciplined with my writing. (Dotsie, you know that! LOL!) I'm such a procrastinator. I'm trying to do better, but I need a deadline to get stuff done, and if you're working on something with no real publication possibility in sight, it's hard to get motivated! I should just write out a devotional daily in praise to the Lord. Hmmm...I might have just talked myself into a plan! You guys need to hold me accountable.

I put a poll on the site to see how often people read devotionals. Once or twice a week seems to be the norm. Maybe you all can tell me about some of your experiences with those types of books. Which kind do you like? About how long were each one? Did you pray the prayer at the end?

I'm still holding to the plan to only put a couple per week on the site. I've had a few people ask for more, but at this point I don't want to burn anyone out. I guess I'm still struggling with the idea that people do look forward to them. You know? Some people think everything they write is brilliant. Not me. I'm always amazed when I write. I do feel the Lord's leading. I have to say. All glory goes to Him!

I've gone on enough. Thanks for letting me 'think out loud.' And I look forward to reading of your experiences.

Donna

#61435 - 06/19/04 10:32 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Donna,
Dostsies idea for you is terriffic. I've read your bloq articles and love them.
Yes, I've read the devotional books during the year and enjoy them because that starts my day out right. Being more a crafts person than a writer I enjoy the writing that you do. Am always looking for something like this.
Maggie

#61436 - 06/22/04 07:30 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Hello. I'm glad to hear there is still a need for more devotionals. I figured the market couldn't stand much more, but maybe I'm wrong. I sure hope so!

I put a story up today about how the Lord gave me peace when Don had his heart attack.

Hope it's a blessing!

Donna

#61437 - 06/22/04 12:17 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Donna, I read your latest and I related to it - I too have felt the warmth of the Comforter when I needed it most.Your writing has a ring of truth about it which sets it apart from other devotionals I have read. I look forward to the book!

#61438 - 06/22/04 04:01 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Julie! I read your post first thing this morning. You made my day!

I'm adding your comments under that post, but I'll just use your first name. Some people read the devo and then all the comments. My SIL was the first one to tell me she liked to read every comment. Some blogs are set up without comments, but I've found them to be encouraging and also a kind of research - I can tell which ones were better received. So far - the Bird Nerd ones are the big hit. I'm coming up with more along that line! The Lord's blessed me with five more, and it's all I can do not to post them all at once. LOL!

Thanks!
Donna

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved