The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#61519 - 07/13/05 10:44 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Songbird sent me a note. So sweet! I'm alive and kicking, but my laptop isn't. It finally bit the dust for good, and I'm waiting on a new one. Really cramps my writing style!

I did go to the doc yesterday. I found out I have Carpal Tunnel (which I suspected, of course!) and the only other thing he can figure out is that it might be what's called a 'familial tremor.' He wanted to put me on a beta blocker, but I've tried those before for the irregular heartbeat, and I hate them. So...we are waiting another four weeks. If it's not better, he wants to do an MRI to rule out MS. But I have no symptoms of MS, so he's not really considering that. He said if I had a glass of wine, and the tremor went away, I'd know it was familial. I asked him if his prescription was for me to start drinking???? ROFLOL! He got VERY embarrassed. lol! He had just seen my pastor husband earlier in the day for his annual checkup, so he really didn't want me to go home and tell my DH that I needed a drink. LOL!

Thanks for being concerned about me!

BTW - did anyone have wardrobe tips for me when I speak at the conference? Shall I wear pink? Black? One thing I've ruled out - horizontal stripes. [Wink]

#61520 - 07/13/05 11:14 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Donna: glad to know you're ok. I can imagine your hubby's reaction to your Doc's Rx. [Roll Eyes]

Well... I'm no fashion consultant, but I like black skirts or dark colored skirts. Of course, you might've figured out why [Wink] , it helps my chubby self look slimmer [Big Grin] .

#61521 - 07/13/05 11:40 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I agree with song, but I like to add a jacket or sweater in a pretty color to the top. Dark colors receed while bright colors attract and a matching dark color on both top and bottom enlongates the body. The looser fit of a jacket distracts from body size and the bright color adds interest.

smile

#61522 - 07/14/05 12:51 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wow, fashion consulting too. I like black mixed with something bright. The most important thing you need to wear is a smile! That is what makes all of us most attractive.

#61523 - 07/14/05 02:04 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Smile, I forgot to add the top [Eek!] .Thanks for adding it for me.

Dots, I agree! [Big Grin] A Smile and confidence in our Father's direction will add beauty beyond words!

#61524 - 07/14/05 02:24 AM Re: Another blog to check out!
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hey Donna: It's really neat to catch you here as well as the CEA site.

I'm amazed at some of our similar neurological symptoms. In fact, I just experienced some tremors in my left arm and spent 4th of July in the ER. Since I had a stroke, anything like this sets off alarms. No real diagnosis or prognosis. Because of some other problems, the doctors have thought I had MS ... but there is no one definitive symptom -- just a culmination of many. Still no MS diagnosis and I'm so thankful for that. Then again, no diagnosis for other problems. I figure God is giving me an opportunity to develop patience. I will pray that future tests might provide a solid diagnosis and prognosis. And, hope you can replace your laptop soon.

To all of you: I would also like to invite folks to visit my blog, Write from the Heart at http://tenderheartaz.blogspot.com. I've started posting regularly there (3 times a week). It's content is Christ-centered and I find the more I'm in God's will, the more He gives me to write about.

Blessings, Francine

#61525 - 07/14/05 06:52 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Francine, I don't recall what MS stands for. Will you please enlighten me a bit?

I hope you feel better and and will visit blog later as time permits. I love Christ-centered blogs.

#61526 - 07/14/05 11:43 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi, Francine! I'm glad to see you!

MS is for Multiple Sclerosis - a chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.

I'm praying for NO MS for either myself or Francine!

As to the wardrobe tips - thanks so much! I'm thinking of finding something comfortable, but dressy, but not too dressy....well, you see my dilemma. I like the idea of wearing black with something more colorful around my face. And I just HAVE to find cute shoes. [Smile]

#61527 - 07/15/05 01:31 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Songbird ... Donna gave a much more succinct definition than I ever could.

And the thing is, it usually can only be diagnosed as the disease progresses and other "things" are ruled out. A process of elimination, so to speak.

When I return to Arizona, I'm hoping to go to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix to see if we can get to the bottom of all the problems.

And Donna, let us know how the speaking engagement goes. I'm sure you'll look lovely.

Thanks for the prayers.

Blessings, Francine

#61528 - 07/15/05 05:42 PM Re: Another blog to check out!
Songbird Offline

Francine and Donna: I'm definitely praying none of you have MS. Thanks for clarifying that for me. It just slipped my mind and couldn't figure it out!- [Big Grin] Memorypause [Confused] ?

Blessings!

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved