The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#61246 - 05/29/06 08:56 PM Modern Conveniences
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
In public restrooms, I hope I'm not the only one who has waved her hands back in forth under a faucet, trying to find the exact place to trigger the water flow. (Others in the restroom, of course, are having no problem!)

And then when you're done and drying your hands off, your purse falls into the sink and triggers the water flow again!

And what's up with the toilets that automatically flush before you even get a chance to sit down?? I can't tell you how many times I've neatly placed the paper seat cover on the seat, turned around to unbutton my pants, and the doggone toilet flushes!

Don't you love modern conveniences?

#61247 - 05/29/06 09:20 PM Re: Modern Conveniences
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
<chuckle>
or...when the toilet flushes before you do your business and refuses to do so afterwards!

In Europe, I've often been baffled by how to turn the water on in sinks in public restrooms -- only to discover the switch on the floor!

#61248 - 05/30/06 06:33 PM Re: Modern Conveniences
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Going in public bathrooms can be so confusing these days. I love it when the toilet flushes and splashes water all over you. Or when you pump and pump and there is no soap, or pump and pump and there are no paper towels.

Have you seen the automatic toilet seat covers? When you flush, a new rim of plastic covers the seat? I'm wondering how the machine knows when it's to the end...or do you think they just keep dispensing the old ones?

#61249 - 05/30/06 08:30 PM Re: Modern Conveniences
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, I have had that where if yo dare to turn around the toliet will flush and when you want it to it will not do it . I one day keep moving from side to side to get it to flush .

Been there and done that one . Ha

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved