The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60202 - 04/03/05 11:53 PM Long Nails! Friend or foe?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I finally had to give in and am back once again to short fingernails. I cut and filed them this morning. I don't know about you but even though long nails look nice they are hell on typing. I am so tired of my typing speed nearly cut in half by having to keep erasing the extra keys I strike when my nails are long SO I bit the bullet and they are now shorter, much shorter. Whats your take on this situation ladies? I almost feel liberated. [Roll Eyes]

#60203 - 04/04/05 01:10 AM Re: Long Nails! Friend or foe?
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Liberation, indeed. My toenails are trimmed and painted. I told my husband that when I am old and in a nursing home and I can't reach my toes, I want him to make sure my toenails are painted. However, my fingernails are another matter. In my former life as a sales person and property manager, "nice" nails were part of the professional persona. I had to shake hands all the time, not easy when one is shy and a germ-a-phob. I got conjunctivitis several times! Doing my nails was a weekly ritual. Anyway, in my new life as an artist/author, I have short, unpainted fingernails. Who cares? I use cuticle cream, but that's all. Who needs long nails anyway? We'd end up like Howard Hughes Did you see how they illlustrated his over grown toe nails in The Aviator? Besides Chatty, any one over 40 who doesn't have a wrinkle doesn't need long nails! LLL

#60204 - 04/13/05 09:04 AM Re: Long Nails! Friend or foe?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have short fingernails, otherwise I couldn't make my jewelry. I keep them polished because I like the way they look, and they also break less often if I have a few coats of polish on.

Toenails? Short, unpolished, and as inconspicuous as possible.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved