The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#59899 - 08/24/04 01:46 PM A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
I am never writing again.

Never, ever, ever.

I will not write a grocery list. I will not sign a birthday card. I will not even sign my checks.

A little "x" is all anyone is ever going to get from me again. And I may not even do that much.

My latest "I reject you and everything about you" letter was from someone who took the time to actually go to my website. They read a piece where I happened to mention that I felt rejection letters are often sent my trained monkeys who are paid in bananas.

They sent my "you suck" letter written as if they really were a trained monkey! They even signed it "submission monkey".

I will close now. I have thrown a fit, which is what I needed to do and I thank you for listening.

I'm on my way to a very high water tower wearing only a clown wig and shoes.

#59900 - 08/24/04 06:05 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh girl...let that rejection fuel your determination...don't let them get to ya...I mean what do they know? They think bananas are a meal...k? WE know how funny you are and what a great writer you are...sooooo....go forth young woman and write! [Cool]

JJ

#59901 - 08/25/04 07:48 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amen queenie.

Tell us who sent that rejection letter and we'll get the queen's combo after them. [Razz]

OOPS, that's revenge, isn't it? I think I posted something about that not being acceptable behavior..didn't I? [Eek!]

#59902 - 08/24/04 08:01 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Sher, hon, please remember: "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Do not let ONE opinion get the best of you and your commitment to write.

You can either give up or strive to achieve your goal. What will it be?

#59903 - 08/24/04 08:35 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dots...some may call it revenge...I call it looking out after our own...

Somebody upset one of the sistahs...

I say let's sick Bubba, Earl, and their cousin Leonard on um...what say ye all?

JJJ

#59904 - 08/24/04 09:01 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
JJ,
I agree with you and Dotsie.
On the other hand one of the professionals in our writing group told the beginners that you will probably receive a hundred rejection slips and then finally receive a yes. She had heard this somewhere and told us it happened to her.
There's always hope. I'd ignore the letter and move on. My husband has one saying that I really love. Rise about it.
Maggie

#59905 - 08/24/04 09:29 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

oh yeah...couldn't agree more Ms M...

Rise above it is very good sounds advice...

and if that doesn't work, THEN we'll send in Bubba and team....k? how's that? teehee...

JJ

#59906 - 08/25/04 12:16 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Rise above it huh? I've risen above so darn many rejections that I am at least 5 stories high at this point in time and its cold and lonely up here. Sometimes I wonder just how high I have to rise before someone wants to publish something I've written...I am reminded of the fact that when Steven King (remember him?) wrote Karri, he threw it into the trash. His wife found it and took it out and put it away. A few years leter she gave it to him and he sent it to a publisher. The rest is and was history. We all know about his biggest success, Karri...Apparently he has hundreds of rejections as does C.J Rowlins who wrote the biggest books of all times, Harry Potter. If it's meant to be, it'll be.... but WHEN?? [Roll Eyes]

#59907 - 08/25/04 01:14 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
I am coming out of my writing retirement to write this one little thing and this is really, really it.

I can't really call Bubba and Earl to defend me 'cause I dated Bubba and divorced Earl. Maybe if you could find a Bobby Joe.

No wait a minute. Dated him, too. Only reason I didn't marry him was 'cause he didn't ask.

Ya'll are very kind, but this kind of rejection calls for an entire tub of Betty Crocker frosting, one spoon and my fat pants.
[Big Grin]

#59908 - 08/25/04 01:17 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well I still say they are mean, heartless people and I officially put a pox on their children...I hope they grow up ugly and flat-chested...

JJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved