The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#59031 - 01/27/05 07:27 PM New Sewing Machine
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I broke down and bought a new sewing machine yesterday. Will ya'll please aggrevate me OFTEN about using it? I finally replaced my very ancient Singer (sob) but it was older than all of us and replacing belts was almost impossible. So here are some pins, don't worry about asking permission....POKE ME with 'em. Make me embarrassed, make me ashamed, please girlfriends, compel me into using that investment. "yoohoo, Unique, you finish that project yet?...." hint, hint, poke... [Eek!]

#59032 - 01/27/05 07:37 PM Re: New Sewing Machine
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Scram!
Go make me something.
chickadee [Wink]

#59033 - 01/28/05 08:01 AM Re: New Sewing Machine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What's your current project, or do you have lots of them?

#59034 - 01/27/05 09:34 PM Re: New Sewing Machine
unique Offline

Thanks Chickadee, that's just right. Yes, Dotsie, I have two small quilts going for my brother's (& SIL's) new baby. And a plastic bag recycler for my sister, and a throw for my son....I'm not sure if I'm Overwhelmed or Underwhelmed....maybe I'm just Whelmed. [Razz] I'm going now...1 hour....no foolin'

#59035 - 01/28/05 05:35 AM Re: New Sewing Machine
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Good for you Unique. Keep going at it maybe break it into smaller steps will help. Think about one fourth of it at a time.
Great to think in terms of one hour.
Maggie

#59036 - 01/30/05 04:57 AM Re: New Sewing Machine
unique Offline

Thanks! One project down; only three to go! And then starts Round Two! Is the getting ready to sew the longest part for you seamstresses? The other day I had the project all nice and neat and pinned; I'm checking out the thread, making sure I have the best color, and DUH! I had pinned the darn thing INSIDE OUT!! I had to take it all apart and redo it. Sheesh. I felt like such a (fill-in-the-blank). Does this ever happen to any body but me? (Please say yes, so I don't feel any more DUH than I already do!) [Roll Eyes]

#59037 - 01/30/05 10:51 PM Re: New Sewing Machine
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Unique, ...no it hasn't happened to me.

I'd a just sewn it up like it was. (great English huh?)

I can't thread a needle let alone sew! I'd probably get 'bobbin sick if I ran a sewing machine.

My sister sewed her fingers together when we were younger. That was enough to turn me off!

Of course I was the one working the foot peddle! Oh my...I was bad!

chickadee

#59038 - 01/31/05 08:21 AM Re: New Sewing Machine
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
The longest part for me is taking the machine out of my closet and cleaning a space on my desk.

I took the machine out in November, first time in maybe 3 years, and totally couldn't find the bobbin holder. Since this machine is maybe from 1980 or older, I have to special order the bobbin case.

After a day or two, I put the machine back in the closet. I plan to order the part ... someday ... [Roll Eyes]

#59039 - 01/31/05 07:01 PM Re: New Sewing Machine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
meredith, I'm with you. I'd love to sew, but I don't have a spot to leave the machine up all the time. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. [Razz]

My sister-in-law has a machine with all the latest whistles and bells. I'm one of the lucky recipients of her craft projects. [Wink]

#59040 - 01/31/05 07:17 PM Re: New Sewing Machine
unique Offline

I didn't learn how to sew until I was 35. My sister-in-law sold me my ancient Singer. My first projects were curtains and a baby blanket for my son. I still wouldn't say *I know how to sew* but I can usually manage a straight seam [Razz] Notice I say, usually. I have a place to keep the machine up all the time now, so that helps a lot. I miss my old, slow, only goes forward Singer; but this new one is pretty cool, too. I like it because it's easy to figure out. (That's why I liked the old one-no fancy, schmancy) My mechanical Know-how and Do-how are not =. [Razz]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved