The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#58861 - 07/23/04 12:23 PM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow Maggie, what a cool idea! Yes Dots, do the scrapbooking thing. Maggie could teach a class on it, and my guess is that you could get a company who sells the materials to donate "stuff" for the class too, in hopes that the students would go out and buy their products!

I've never done this, but a girlfriend of mine has and boy, she has really done a lot of it. Course, she is real disciplined too.

I would be interested in knowing what your Aunt donated to a museum...what kinds of things?

JJ

#58862 - 07/23/04 05:46 PM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Maggie, your gatherings with your aunt...have you been traveling, or is she in town?

I wish I had written more when Mom was alive. I find myself wishing I had paid closer attnetion to the details of her stories from younger days. [Frown]

Maybe I should get Dad to write some things down for us, or better yet get my son to video him telling stories. Hmmm.

Lynn, I love the box idea for a 50th. Ross turns 50 next August. I might have to steal your idea.

#58863 - 07/24/04 07:10 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
All the ideas here are wonderful. I too love the box, wish I had known of it sooner.
My aunt lives in Lakeview which is in the middle south of Oregon. It takes nine hours to get there so we made a nice vacation and took five days. She lived on a ranch for years and had donated her husbands saddle. That was what she wanted us to see. My grandmother had donated an organ which was always in the spare bedroom where we kids slept or played. There were family pictures on top of the organ.
When my aunts and father were growing up they lived on a ranch near Indians. There are a lot of items donated from their camp and the ranch. My husband and I both enjoy hanging out in museums so thoroughly enjoyed it but it was more fun to hear her stories about everything.
Yes, on the classes at a convention that sounds like fun.
Maggie

#58864 - 07/23/04 10:50 PM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Maggie Offline

Dotsie I love the video taping idea. One of my cousins did this with grandma and I will always treaure that tape. He had prepared a lot of questions so it was easier to keep her talking.
Reunions with family and friends like you've talked about are a wonderful way to do this. I think my grandmothers brother was also taped at the reunion.We didn't get to go to the reunion but I sent over a lot of geneology and family history. my mother was in the hospital at the time. He and I shared the same birthday so it was neat to see and hear him again. We sent cards for a long time. I have the last one he sent me after our son was born. I get so excited about all this stuff.
Maggie

#58865 - 07/24/04 02:26 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Have I been asleep? What convention? Where and When?

What are the plan's?

Lynn

#58866 - 07/25/04 07:16 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The plan is to have BWS convention after the first obok is published.

It will probably be in Baltimore since tha'ts where I'm from. How's that sound to you Lynn? YOu should be able to come and you won't even have to fly. [Wink]

Maggie, a scrapbooking session would be great. I'll add that to my folder of ideas.

#58867 - 07/25/04 12:03 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay, okay, scrapbooking is fine, but what about the CHIPPENDALE DANCERS?

If they don't get to come they'll be so disappointed. Poor things. I'm sure they were just dying to see us too.

Smile

P.S. And hey, what about the boomer road trip? And our nude calendar?
Where is JJ? I need some support here.

#58868 - 07/25/04 10:42 PM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Maggie Offline

Smile,
I finally watched calendar girls last night.
What a hoot. I'm ready and in. [Big Grin]
Let's keep the chippendales too. It all sounds like fun.
Maggie

#58869 - 07/26/04 03:16 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
yuhoo SMILES...here I am girl. Sorry, but I've been away this weekend...with the Chippendales...getting things lined up for the convention.

Would I lie to you? You know I would rather walk on my lips than tell a lie, right?

JJ

#58870 - 07/26/04 03:43 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
JJ, your lips have been walked on so much they're getting athlete's feet.
smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved