The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58815 - 06/12/04 04:59 PM Music
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Not really sure where this topic should go but figure including it with "arts" is a good start.

I just bought some new cd's and am enjoying them greatly.

Anonymous 4 has a collection of 18th and 19th century Anglo-American church music. It's extremely interesting to read and hear how some of our most beloved hymns came into being.

Ladysmith Black Mambazo has a new cd but I bought their last cd. A couple of their guest vocalists include Dolly Parton and Phoebe Snow. Y'all know Dolly who does a supurb job and might remember Phoebe from the 70's. She made a couple of albums; she has a beautifully expressive soaring voice. She gave birth to a child with, if memory serves correctly, CP, and dropped out of the music scene. In the past years shes's, mainly, sung commercials as the work is less intrusive than recording albums. I believe she's still living in the Atlanta area. Anyhoo...just a beautiful "duet" with she and Ladysmith.

Diana Kruell - lovely jazz pianist, beautiful phrasing. She reminds me of Harry C...can't remember his last name but another great jazz singer pianist.

Tonight I'm going to a bluegrass festival and do some flatfooting and clogging <g>.

What sort of music do y'all listen to?

#58816 - 06/15/04 06:45 PM Re: Music
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How was the bluegrass festival?

I like listening to music, but I'm not one to remember artists and song titles. My brain doesn't do well with those things. When I hear it, I know I like it...and if I don't, I change the station. [Razz]

I don't like rap and hard rock. I do know that much!

In the summer I love listening to Jimmy Buffet and dreaming of being on the water.

I enjoy listening to oldies and reminiscing too.

#58817 - 06/16/04 05:33 AM Re: Music
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Rained out, Dotsie! That's the story of my life lately...rain, rain, rain...and more rain. The county seat has been flooded several times this spring as has another little town in the county. In the county next to us, the mountain washed away into the major artery leading west. Thank God no one was injured this time. We've had folks die because they were caught in flash floods. One family was in their mobile home and the dam above them broke and washed them away. It took days to find the bodies of the two children. It's been a hard spring and that followed a hard winter.

We desperately need some sun to dry things out so we can cut, kick, rake and bale hay.

#58818 - 06/16/04 05:39 PM Re: Music
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thistle, this was our problem in our town last year. We had tremendous amounts of rain in the spring and summer, also a blizzard in the winter, and then a hurricane in the fall. I hope it's not your turn.

Do you have to do your farm duties in the rain?

#58819 - 06/24/04 10:03 AM Re: Music
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I saw Anonymous 4 at a concert in a local church about 2 years ago. I had heard them on the radio and jumped at the chance when I heard they'd be playing nearby. Very nice concert. I believe they just retired from performing this year.

Like Dotsie, I like a lot of music but hate rap and heavy metal.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved