The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58584 - 06/07/03 06:00 PM The wonders of tablecloths
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
Tablecloths .I've used them as shower curtains,backdrops behind my bed,drapes,and furniture throws, in one piece.Cut up use to make curtains,placemats,pillows, tabletoppers. Have thought about sewing 2 together to use as bedspread or duvet cover. They are usually cheaper than fabric for the same yardage.

#58585 - 06/10/03 02:03 PM Re: The wonders of tablecloths
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a great idea. Reminds me of a friend who can do anything with a little fabric. She drapes it unusual places to change the look of a room or add color to a table. She is very creative. I will share the idea with her.

Don't know if everyone in here has a Burlington Coat Factory near them, but they often have inexpensive table cloths and napkins.

Speaking of decorating...how about that Martha Stewart?

#58586 - 06/12/03 05:14 AM Re: The wonders of tablecloths
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
well my thoughts on Martha Stewart is --

honestly -- between us girls -- is there anyone that would honestly say that if they were in her shoes -- we wouldnt have done the same thing ?

now the guy who gave her the info was the one breaking the law -- he was truly using inside trading secrets to save his money and he shouldnt have told anyone about it -- but if someone told me that they would advise strongly i sold my stock that was going to lose me a million or two if i didnt -- i really think i would sell !!!

and HEY -- what about all these male CEO's that are stealing millions from these companies and ruining peoples lives -- Stewart didn't take peoples life savings and retirement funds and use them for her own pleasure -- she sold some of her own stock on a tip -- course -- not being a wall streeter -- maybe that hurt others that i'm not aware of -- and if that's the case -- then she should pay the toll.

do i think she was RIGHT -- absolutely NO -- but do i think she did something i wouldn't -- i really can't say she did

anyone have a couple of mill they can loan me so i can find out [Wink]

#58587 - 06/16/03 03:13 PM Re: The wonders of tablecloths
TerrieRoxanne Offline

Loc: CA
I agree 100% on the Martha Stewart thing! GMTA! Back to table clothes but slightly different is SHEETS! Same thing and a big plus is the top border is already sewn, just need to put a rod through it OR you can buy clip rings and put them on a rod and hang them that way. I have used sheets for curtains, drapes, and tableclothes. If I can't find a pillow cover to match, I buy an extra twin sheet, cut and sew it to make matching pillow shams. I have even covered a chair seat with a piece of leftover sheet in my bedroom and now that matches too. So many different fabrics, texture and prints, so little time!

#58588 - 07/01/03 02:47 AM Re: The wonders of tablecloths
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
you ladies are my heroes!!! I can't sew ... I got a D in sewing class when I was in high school.

Give me a glue gun and so long as I don't have to draw a straight line I'm a happy camper. :-)

Vicki

#58589 - 07/02/03 12:34 AM Re: The wonders of tablecloths
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
[Big Grin] but i'm not very good with a glue gun either [Big Grin]

#58590 - 07/02/03 05:07 PM Re: The wonders of tablecloths
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have also used place mats. They come in all different colors and materials. They can be used for throw pillows once you sew two together. You can use two different patterns with matching color schemes if you like. I have also used two draped over a curtain rod for a quick valance.

I can't sew a lick so I have to grovel at my girlfriends feet to get her to do the sewing part.

#58591 - 07/02/03 05:09 PM Re: The wonders of tablecloths
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Another idea which I am sure you have tried, but maybe someone out there hasn't...I use an old quilt for a tablecloth. It gives my kitchen a country look and when I want a different color, I just get another quilt.

And if I get cold...I just curl up on the table and...okay...I made that one up.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved