The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#53593 - 09/28/04 11:06 AM Terri Schiavo
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Girls... what are your feelings on 40 year old Terri Schiavo in Florida whose 1990 collapse temporarily stopped her heart and left her in what they say is a persistent vegetative state?

Her husband Michael says he is honoring her wishes but her parents just want to take her home and look after her. Is he afraid she will be rehabilitated to the point of remembering what(if anything)happened that day in 1990?

She is "not brain dead" and her parents feel therapy could certainly help her.
The basics...food and water will keep her alive.She is not attached to any tubes but she cannot swallow without help.

There is of course alot more to it that the information I have given here.

I personally just cannot see disposing of her. God has put Terri here for a reason.
Wouldn't it be logical for her husband to give her back to her parents?

I know I would fight for my child in this situation until the day I died.

I don't know if this has come up in topics before, as I havent see it while searching.I'd really like to know your feelings on this.
My prayers to Terri and her family.

#53594 - 10/01/04 07:07 AM Re: Terri Schiavo
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Boy Chickadee, you've raised a hard question.

Apparently, this woman did not make her wishes known to enough people. So we will never know what her wishes truly are. It sounds like you suspect her husband of foul play.

Her parents' hearts must be broken and in turmoil.

My "personal" wishes are to be left to die in dignity and I have written orders everywhere, and everyone in my family knows I am not to be kept alive by artificial means or any other unnatural means. Including having to help me swallow. I shudder to think of choking to death, which might happen to this woman. My entire body is also to go directly to the university medical center for use as they see fit. No burial. Only a memorial celebrating the fact that I am truly home, with God, and not suffering any more.

I faced a similar type of decision with my mother who was dying of cancer. In the end, no life support of any kind was used. She was morphined into a coma and then died relatively peaceful. It was agonizing watching her choke and panic.

I don't know if there will ever be a good answer to these questions. My personal belief is God will handle it if we let Him handle it. When we step in and take the decision out of His hands, are we going against His will? How do we know if our decision is, in fact, His will?

If my children are all saved and in no danger of going to hell, then I would let them go peacefully to the home God has made for them by His side.

If they aren't saved, and two aren't, then I would probably hold onto them as long as possible, with the goal being to try to get them saved.

If this woman can hear and understand, and she were my daughter, and she was not saved, I would be praying and fasting by her bedside for her salvation. I trust God would make it apparent when it is time to let go.

As to that, my prayers are for the parents, their daughter, and the husband. God's Word states that men shall leave their parents and other things and cleave to his wife so that they are one. If he is a Godly man, then the parents should respect his place as the head of his wife and trust his decisions.

Wouldn't it be nice to know what all the facts are?

I'm grateful to not be in the situation.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved