The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52934 - 01/01/04 07:13 PM HAPPY NEW YEAR
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Happy New Year everybody.

Everyone must be sleeping in. Too much revelry last night?

We brought the New Year in with style. My husband's sister, my daughter, son in law, and two of our grandkids along with a neighbor kid showed up with go carts and skate boards and bikes. Everyone skated and buzzed up and down the driveway like crazy . The driveway is a long downhill trip and continues past the house into the back yard where it ends in the creek.

Somehow no one got dunked in the creek and around eleven everyone came inside for fight to the death national Pictionary championships (my daughter won).

My husband and his sister played the piano and we sang a little then poured the champagne (genuine imitation champagne for the kids) and toasted the new year.

It was a great way to welcome 2004.

Everyone be sure to get your black eyed peas today. We're putting some on now!!

Prayers for a blessed new year for all.

smile

[ January 01, 2004, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#52935 - 01/02/04 08:48 AM Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smilin, thanks for starting this post.

Wishing all my friends in our online neighborhood a blessed new year full of the awareness of God's grace.

Smilin, your celebration sounds fun. My son would have loved to be there with his skateboard! [Big Grin]

We went to an adult/children party too. The kids are at an age where all of us were in the same room hanging out together. They were all hysterical talking about growing up like it was 50 years ago. They are aged 15-23 and they were reminiscing about playing ball and hanging out at one another's houses, spending the night, and vacationing together. It was fun to see the new generation in action. [Razz]

Since we're such a partying crowd, we chose to celebrate the new year at 11:00pm, afraid we might not make it until midnight. So we had a little champagne at 11:00 then surprised ourselves when we were all still together at midnight. We watched the ball fall in New York city. Anyone else do that?

#52936 - 01/02/04 08:48 AM Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Sounds like alot of fun. We had a few friends over and made quesadillas with the quesadilla maker I got for Christmas. It was smallbut fun. Now I'm cleaning and doing laundry.

What's the deal with black eye peas?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved