The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52706 - 05/08/03 04:34 PM Boomer women
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thought it would be fun to put this under current events.

Last night was the first official gathering of women from the forum in the Baltimore area. About 30 women gathered at my house for a girl's night out and we had a blast. [Razz]

We ate, drank, and were merry. At the badgering request [Roll Eyes] of my dear friend Nancy, I gave an update on the project and invited the women who weren't in the forum to please join. What happened next was a total surprise. [Razz]

People were asking about the stories I was receiving and one women who drove 45 minutes and knew no one before coming, shared the story she had submitted for the book. The flood gates opened and women began sharing their stories with everyone, started talking over one another, pairing up with other women who had similar stories, and some chatting until 11:00 pm.

The beauty of the night was that everyone didn't even know each other before coming but it didn't matter. There was a mysterious presence in the room...okay Lord, you were at it again! I felt like barriers were broken and instead of the usual chit-chat women were sharing heart to heart stories.

In the end, we have decided to do this again and again. We will walk in the Race For The Cure carrying our boomerwomenspeak banner, attend shows, dinners, you name it. I am grateful for the comradeship that was shared and I truly believe that whoever chose to share didn't leave feeling alone with their stories...and those who chose not to share probably left knowing they weren't alone either. Praise God!

#52707 - 05/08/03 06:14 PM Re: Boomer women
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I am so glad that everything went so well. It sounds like some real connections were made. Who knew you'd get to see your goal of women supporting eachother right in front of your eyes.

#52708 - 05/09/03 02:29 PM Re: Boomer women
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I tend to be great for thinking things up -- but I'm a terrible "organizer" to get those things done -- so here's a thought for all you organizers
out there [Smile]

Maybe Dotsie's boomerwomen's get together's and community function's with the boomerwomen's Tee's and banners could become a country wide event -- like a chapter kinda thingie -- doing things at mutual times -- but in different parts of the country ?????

#52709 - 05/09/03 06:22 PM Re: Boomer women
swimbo56 Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
just wanted to say that Wed. night was fun. So glad I went. Yes, more would be great. The country wide suggestion would be neat if it can be done. Will try and get this address to all my friends, I have alot all over.

#52710 - 05/09/03 08:16 PM Re: Boomer women
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lionspaaw, great minds think alike! [Big Grin]
I belong to a writing organization and they have chapters all around the country. Someday!!! [Wink] Gotta have dreams! [Eek!]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved