The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47809 - 03/31/05 06:40 PM yummy spinach salad
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We eat a lot of spinach salad at our house. Here's the simple recipe:

-Baby spinach that can be purchased in the big bags at Sam's Club. You don't even have to wash it.

-Microwavable bacon, also Sam's.

-Sliced, hard boiled eggs

-Pine nuts, pecans, or other crunchy nuts

-Sliced red onion

-Fresh grated parmesean cheese

-Ken's lite, vidalia onion dressing

This salad can be made in minutes if you make a bunch of hard boiled eggs ahead of time. The dressing is what makes it. It's scrumptious.

#47810 - 04/01/05 05:24 AM Re: yummy spinach salad
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,

I want to make that Salad although my husband is the Salad Man . How many eggs do you use ? How much bacon ? Can you use turkey Bacon ? We love Turkey Bacon use bacon bits

Thanks for our help.

#47811 - 04/01/05 06:52 AM Re: yummy spinach salad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would say 1 egg for every 2 people, same with the crumbled up bacon bits and YES I too use turkey bacon all the time. I think and hope Dotsie agrees with this, that you should use freshly grated parmesean cheese on top of each bowl. It really makes a difference. Hope you don't mind me popping in on this one Dotsie but I am a spinach salad conasuier.... [Razz]

#47812 - 04/01/05 07:06 PM Re: yummy spinach salad
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty Lady,
Being the spinach salad connoisseur that you are, you're just the person to ask...it's one of those burning spinach salad questions that I've never found the right person to ask before.

Do you put tomatoes in your spinach salads?

I love tomatoes in my spinach salads, but have met with a great deal of controversy because of it. One deli adamently refused to add them saying it was a travesty and would damage their spinach salad reputation (I kid you not). So I've been a little embarrassed and ashamed ever since to admit to anyone that I do it, even though it goes so deliciously well with the eggs, bacon bits and cheese.

But I'd like to come out of that closet of shame now and publicly proclaim my liberty to add tomatoes to spinach salad anytime I want to.

What do you think?

#47813 - 04/02/05 08:00 AM Re: yummy spinach salad
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Egads, I put tomatoes in my spinach salad. I forgot to mention that. Sorry.

As far as amounts go, I do it by looking. Hmm, are there enough tomatoes? Not enough red? Add some more. How about bacon? Can't see too much of that...add some more. The hardest part is getting just the right amount of dressing. I know some people like to put on their own dressing, but I like mine tossed. It amkes all the difference in the world. I love salads.

Any other salad ideas?

#47814 - 04/02/05 05:09 AM Re: yummy spinach salad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Eagle Heart, stand tall with pride for I too put tomato into my spinach salads and have served many many gourmet meals to people and no none has ever complained, picked them out or snickered.....I do however buy the teeny tiny tomato called the Grape tomato, its a tad smaller than the Cherry tomato and sweeter but any tomato will do and YES the tomato compliments the other ingredients. [Wink] [Big Grin]

#47815 - 04/03/05 01:39 AM Re: yummy spinach salad
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, I use grape tomatoes too. That's another Sam's Club purchase. they're much cheaper there, but you have to eat them before they go rotten.

Chatty, I bought Bertolli's frozen bagged dinner. I got the one with pasta, veggies, and chicken. I'll try it this week and let you know how we like it. It was 7.99. What do they cost where you live?

#47816 - 04/03/05 08:32 AM Re: yummy spinach salad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

About the same Dotsie and they are worth every cent. I made the Shrimp Scampi for company and they thought it was one of my homemade treats. When I told them they too could serve it they were thrilled.....I use the grape tomatoes so fast they don't have time to spoil. I probably throw away a dozen or so bad ones at the bottom of every container.... [Wink]

#47817 - 04/12/05 02:20 AM Re: yummy spinach salad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dotsie what did you think of the Bertolli frozen dinner???

#47818 - 05/09/05 05:41 PM Re: yummy spinach salad
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, I'm just seeing this. Sorry, but I posted about it in another topic within this forum.

I wanted to share that I had a different spinach salad yesterday. It had strawberries, walnuts, and sharp cheddar cheese. That was it. Mmm, it was delish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved