The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#47691 - 01/03/05 08:05 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
OK, I've been gone and I'm behind on all these.
Can you tell I've been trying to make up time?? all in one night??

Anyway, I posted this under Hobbies on a baking post, but you want simple, here it is.....

Cover one SMALL pretzel, with a Rolo (choc covered caramel), place them in microwave for 15-30 sec., just until they start to melt. Remove from microwave and place half of pecan on top.

That's it, and they are yummy!!

Phew...so much work

#47692 - 01/03/05 03:03 PM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey I made a batch of those during Christmas and you're right, they are simple, simple, simple...

Love those simple ones!

JJ

#47693 - 01/04/05 01:12 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Somebody brought me a chocolate covered pretzel that was the best I had ever tasted. After covering it in chocolate you dribble on pieces of pralines. Let cool on waxed paper and oh my God, talk about good. [Razz]

#47694 - 01/04/05 03:03 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
gwinny Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
We made the fudge (with chocolate chips and Eagle brand milk) - in the microwave! It was WONDERFUL. I wanted to make buttermilk pecan pralines. Found a microwave recipe. They turned out SOOO creamy -- even better than the one's you buy at the Mexican restaurants.

PECAN PRALINES

3/4 c Buttermilk
2 c sugar
2 c Halved Pecans (although I used chopped pecans)
2 Tbs Butter
1 Tbs Soda

Stir together buttermilk, sugar, pecans, salt and butter in a 4 or 5 quart dish. Cook on high (100%) for 12 minutes, stiring at 4 min intervals. Stir in baking soda until foamy. Cook on high for 1 minute. (This last step gives the pralines a carmel color). Beat mixture until tacky (about 1 minute). Drop by teaspoons on a sheet of oil. Allow to cool - then peel from foil.

Yield: 5 Doz.

#47695 - 01/04/05 03:10 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Here's an easy recipe for Chatty's cheesy grapes. It's sort of low in calories too. But you have to watch out cause those grapes are ADDICTIVE.

You take some cream cheese (however much you want)and you mix in some Stevia (not too much. Just enough to make it slightly sweet) then you add some chopped pecans (just enough to make it crunchy).
You get some nice cold grapes and spoon a little of the cheesey stuff on top. Then you just gobble 'em up.
Great for when you're hungry and don't want to wait. YUM. You could probably use other fruits like orange slices or something, but I'm still stuck on grapes. Love grapes anyway. And I think they're healthy. If you don't eat too many as I am prone to do.
smile

#47696 - 01/04/05 07:21 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Is Stevia something you can only get from outer space, since thats where you're from??

Never heard of it.

Summerbreeze

#47697 - 01/05/05 05:55 PM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Stevia is an artificial sweetener you can buy at health food stores.

I've had the grapes. I made them for company this summer and they were a hit.

Here's another easy one:

Use the little waffle pretzels.
Sit a Hershey Kiss on top.
Place in 250 oven until Kiss melts a little.
Remove and place an M&M on top.
Let them sit until firm.

My sister made these and they looked so festive because she used the red and green M&M's.

I made lots of chocolate covered pretzels this year. I just put 4 in my son's lunch today. I'm trying to get rid of them.

#47698 - 01/06/05 03:54 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Now why couldn't I like knitting or bike riding even gambling but NO [Mad] I like to cook and of course to eat what I cook [Frown] and I am such a good cook too. [Eek!] I just hate ME!!!! [Embarrassed]

#47699 - 01/06/05 06:58 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I somehow typed stevia in the cheesy grape recipe. DON'T use stevia. It causes diarrhea. Use Splenda. Brain lapse.

And Chatty, Please don't say you "hate yourself" for being the wonderful cook and neat person you are. Who cares if you are 'normal' and not anorexic like some heroid addicted model. You're just right as you are. The first step to becoming all you can be is to love yourself as you are. And we already love you!!
smile

#47700 - 01/07/05 05:07 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I only nuse Splenda as well. Now I was just foolking around, I don't really hate me, well maybe alittle, the fat parts, oh, oh they're all fat parts, so I [Frown] [Big Grin] guess I really do hate me, boo hoo....

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved