The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#47671 - 12/11/04 11:37 PM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Thanks you are cute . I will tell him that. I am baking cookies today Choc chipe and peanut butter that is all and grandmothers applesauce cakes in loaf pans Ummm....

Still need a recipe for fudge . Anyone out there to that. Please. It is called Help Dean.

#47672 - 12/12/04 08:10 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sher....This is the easiest cookie recipe on the planet and good too... [Big Grin] (makes 24 cookies)

LEMON KISSES

Vegetable oil spray
Whites of 2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 teasoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
Zest from 1 small lemom

1.) Preheat the oven to 300*F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable oil spray.
2.) Pour the egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice and cream of tartar.With an electric mixer, beat on high until soft peaks form.
3.) With mixer running, gradually add the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue to beat ubtil the egg whites are shiny.
4.) Use a spoon to drop 1 1/2 inch mounds of merinque onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
5.) Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned. Thansfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool separately....

VARIATION:
Orange Kisses

Replace the lemon juice and lemon zest with fresh orange juice and 2 to 3 teaspoons orange zest.

#47673 - 12/12/04 06:11 PM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Great recipes, ladies.

Hey, the easiest fudge ever...... and the one that tastes like you're the fudge queen is the one using Sweetened Condensed Milk:

Easy Fudge

3 (6 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Dash of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Melt chocolate over boiling water in double boiler, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread evenly in 8-inch square pan lined with wax paper. Chill for at least 2 hours.

Turn out on cutting board. Peel off wax paper and cut into squares. Keep leftover fudge tightly covered.

Yields 1 3/4 pounds.

#47674 - 12/13/04 08:03 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
Sadie Offline

Thanks Sher,
I will copy this off for my husband . I am baking my cakes today and then turn the kitchen over to him. Ha.

#47675 - 12/13/04 12:59 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sher, well I tried your fudge recipe this morning and all I have to say is Nancy run for the hills if your hubby makes this fudge, I ate more of it ALREADY than I care to report on the diet topic, (bad girl) whoa is me, this stuff is soooo good and much too easy to make as well. I am making this for some of the little old men at the nursing home that have a sweet tooth, the ones that have teeth that is, leave out the nuts and "no teeth needed." Thanks Sher, grrr! [Eek!]

#47676 - 12/13/04 06:58 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
Sadie Offline

Chatty, Thanks for giving me a laugh . Anyway I will tell Dean (my husband that is his name) . I have one one Batch of Applesauce cakes [Big Grin] to make and finished tomorrow. Tired. I am worn out now. Ha!

He is sending me to the store tomorrow to get the ingredents for the fudge . Wow!

I remember one year long ago I made six different kinds of cookies . I got on a roll and could not stop until my daughter told me what I had done. I guess I would have keep on going.

Now my husband would like me to make the sugar cookies that I have a recipe for on the box of baking soda that you just drop them off on your teaspoon and then dip the bottom of drinking glass into the color sugar to flatten the cookie Very easy , but I am too tired now. You would have to roll me out the door now to do them . Ha! Even telling me how pretty my brown eyes won't do it.

[ December 12, 2004, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#47677 - 12/14/04 08:28 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yesterday I made the dough for oatmeal raisin, chocolate peanut butter, ginger pennies, and butter cookies.

I'm happy to share the recipes if anyone is interested?

#47678 - 12/14/04 06:42 PM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
ahhh...what's Cream of Tarter? How do you separate egg yolks? What's da matter with you people? Don't you know the grocery stores have all this stuff already baked? good grief...

Okay...okay, to show you I'm in a festive mood, I need a quick and EASY, which doesn't include trying to separate the while from the yellow, recipe for tomorrow. We are having our Christmas whatever, and they line the halls with tables (over 300) and you walk all day long from hallway to hallway eating yourself into a coma...

I NEED SOMETHING TO FIX THAT DIFFERENT AND NOT THE SAME OLD SAME OLD....BUT EASY...and doesn't have a lot of ingredients...

So, if you accept this mission, lay it on me. I've got pen and paper in hand.

JJ

#47679 - 12/14/04 07:56 PM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dotsie,
Do you mean that the dough will actually stay in the refrigerator? My husband would eat half of the oatmeal and especially the peanut butter dough. No wonder I don't cook.
Maggie

#47680 - 12/15/04 08:16 AM Re: Cookie or candy recipes for the lazy?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sooooo....are you saying nobody has an appetizer recipe that's simple that even DA QUEEN could make? Remember, I have one eye on my stove...and don't own a double broiler.

JJ

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved