The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#47639 - 11/18/04 12:06 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks Chatty!

#47640 - 11/18/04 01:57 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
TVC15.....My mother said, "don't be goofy girl, (me) buy the shells, I do. There a real pain to make." She did give me her own very special filling recipe however so here it is:

OLD WORLD MANICOTTI

12 large Manicotti shells.
4 cups shredded, fresh Mozzarella cheese, divided.
2 cups Ricotta cheese.
6 tbls. chopped fresh basil or 2 tbls dried basil.
1 (26 ounce)jar prepared spaghetti sauce, divided. (Or your own homemede sauce)
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese.

1.) Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2.) Cook pasta according to package directions, careful not to overcook. Drain, rinse with cool water. let pasta dry on rack or paper towel.
3.) For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 cups Mozzarella with the Ricotta and fresh basil. Using a teaspoon carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
4.) Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining Mozarella.
5.) Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan; bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately....
NOTE:
I put my cheese filling into a plastic bag and cut off an end, corner and squeeze the cheese into the shells, works for me.... [Wink]

#47641 - 11/18/04 02:02 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks again Chatty they sound delicious!

#47642 - 11/18/04 02:30 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey Chatty,
I'm making chili. For years I put in some seasoning labeled "Italian Seasoning," and it as delicious. But I used it all the last time I made chili.
I have no idea what was in it. I have a lot of individual spices, but no more "Italian Seasoning." Do you know what Italians might use to season their chili? I mean if they made chili.
Maybe if they went to Texas or something??
smile

#47643 - 11/18/04 02:30 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Wolfbane, I don't know if you can eat Angel food cake or not but this is sooo good I had to post it: [Wink]
CHOCOLATE DELIGHT

1 (12-ounce) package of chocolate chips.
4 egg yolks.
3 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided.
3 tbls. granulated sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup minature marshmallows
1/2 tsp salt
1 (10-ounce) angel food cake (store bought)
Chocolate curls, optional to garnish.

1.) Heat chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
2.) Whisk egg yolks with 1.2 cup whipping cream in a medium bowl until blended. Add the egg yolk mixture gradually to chocolate, whsking continually, until blended, about 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand until cool.
3.) Pour remaining whipping cream into a large bowl with marshmallows. Beat at high speed adding granulated sugar until soft peaks form.
4.) Stir pecans, vanilla extract and salt into chocolate mixture, fold in whipped cream.
5.) Tear cake into bitesize pieces. Layer half the cake and half the chocolate mixture in a tall glass bowl. Top with remaining cake and spread with remaining chocolate mixture. Chill, covered for 2 to 3 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired..... [Roll Eyes]

#47644 - 11/18/04 02:33 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Sorry for typo...Chocolate Delight recipe should read 1/2 cup whipped cream NOT 1.2 [Mad]

#47645 - 11/18/04 02:48 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Now this is the easiest and tastiest recipe you can imagine and I make it alot. No oven needed because no cake!!

ICE BOX CAKE

1 big box of vanilla wafers
1 tub cool whip
1 large box of chocolate pudding, instant o.k.
1 large box of vanilla pudding, instant o.k.
4 large bananas

1.)In a 13x9 baking dish layer the bottom and sides with the vanilla wafers.
2.)Slice the bananas thin and top the wafers with 1/2 the banana slices.
3.) Mix chocolate pudding according to directions on box, then pour over the bananas and wafers.
4.) Layer top of the pudding with additional wafers and rest of banana slices.
5.) Mix the vanilla pudding according to box directions and pour over the top of entire mixture.
6.) Apply cool whip to cover the bowl and refrigerate for one hour. God it's good...
NOTE:
If your family likes coconut, add some to each of the puddings and/or crushed nuts... [Big Grin]

#47646 - 11/18/04 02:54 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Smilinize, The only Italian seasoning I ever put into chili is 'Garlic.' I use chili powder and taco seasoning in mine. But you could add some oregano, thyme an maybe alittle rosemary would be o.k. You could also add any bar-b-sauce sauce you had in the fridge. Last time I made chili I added a little terriyaki and catsup for sweetness and it was wonderful.... [Smile]

#47647 - 11/18/04 03:29 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thanks Chatty.
I knew I could count on you.
I skipped the sweet part. Added chili powder, oregano, rosemary and thyme along with a jar of spaghetti sauce and some salsa and jalapeno peppers.
Turned out Texas hot and terrific.
Thanks again. You're da' bomb!!
smile

[ November 17, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#47648 - 11/18/04 06:25 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks for the recipes Chatty! The rice one is great but I haven't had a chance to make the pasta one yet. Sounds equally wonderful though [Big Grin] I'll save them both!

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved