The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#47589 - 11/12/04 04:53 AM Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies come one come all to the recipe challenge I am offering here. If you come up with a dish you would like or an ingredient like say crab or turkey or squash, whatever I will create a special recipe just for you using the ingredient or ingredients you want. Or a desert. I feel confident but maybe one or more of you can stump me, want to try??? [Big Grin] [Confused]

#47590 - 11/13/04 01:38 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about a sinfully delicious CHOCOLATE (sugar free) dessert. I'd love to make one for my husband and daughter. [Wink]

#47591 - 11/13/04 03:40 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Ask and you shall receive Dotsie.... [Wink]

Choclate Cherry Cups

1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar or (SF sugar twin)
1/4 cup ground baking chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp. almond extract
non-stick cooking spray
36 thawed, drained pitted sour cherries, frozen without sugar.

1.) Place flour, sugar, ground chocolate, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined. Preheat oven to 350*F.

2.) In bowl a with an electric mixer, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add yogurt to dry mixture. Stir well, scraping sides of the bowl. Fold in beaten egg white with almond extract.

3.) Line a 12 count muffin pan with oil cups, and fill each cup 2/3 full. Place 3 cherries into each cup, pressing lightly into batter.

4.) Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are puffy and edges are set. Centers will be moist....

Cal., 63., Fat 2g., carbs 12g.

#47592 - 11/13/04 04:19 PM Re: Recipe Challenge...
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm still waiting (patiently ...but with foot stomping) for the cheesey Grapes recipe that I missed out on.

#47593 - 11/13/04 09:29 PM Re: Recipe Challenge...
Claire Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Hiya

I absolutely LOVE bananas but I am bored with smoothies and banoffi. If you could come up with something nice, I would be grateful!

Clairey x

#47594 - 11/13/04 11:23 PM Re: Recipe Challenge...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Here ya go...FIGS. [Roll Eyes]

#47595 - 11/14/04 12:55 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Claire I also love bananas and here are a few favorites you might like: [Smile]

BANANA GINGER MUFFINS
Makes 1 dozen

2 cups all purpose flour (use some wheat if desired)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 bananas mashed (well)
2 tsp. finely grates fresh ginger (or 1 tsp.
ground).....

1.) Preheat oven to 350*F. Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.

2.) Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Mix well but gently. Do not overbeat.

3.) Pour the batter into 12 sprayed non-stick muffin cups. Bake he muffins for 20-25 minutes until center insertion (use fork)comes out clean and the muffins are lightly brown. Remove the muffins from the oven and cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and cool them completely.

BANANA UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

3 Medium bananas
2 cups granulated sugar
4 tbps (1/2 stick) butter
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup clarified butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract...

1.) Preheat oven 325*F. Halve banabas lengthwise, then crosswise.

2.) In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar with 2 tbsp. water. Melt over high heat, swirling pan until sugar carmalizes. When caramel is amber, add 4 tbsp. butter and stir. Pour mixture immediately into 8x8 inch square nonstick baking pan. Arrange bananas in thecaramel, cut side down.

3.) Sift the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In electric mixer fitted with whisk, combine 1 cup sugar and clarified butter. Set speed to LOW and add the eggs, one at a time, stopping mixer and scrtaping sides to blend evenly. Add buttermilk and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture tobatter, in thirds. Scrape sides of bowl, and pour batter over bananas in cake pan.Bake until cake pulls away from the sides of pan, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before inverting onto cake plate. Serve warm or at room temp.....

Heres an easier one and is sooo good too!!!

LIGHT BANANA CREAM PIE

1 pkg. (1.9 ounces sugar free vanilla instant pudding/pie filling. See what I mean by
easy...

2 3/4 cups low fat milk
4 ripe, medium Bananas, sliced thin.
1 (9 inch) ready made graham cracker pie crust.
1 firm banana
Light frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed.

1.)Prepare pudding as directed, using 23/4 cups low fat milk. Stir in the 4sliced ripe bananas.
2.)Spoon banana mixture into pie crust. Place plastic wrap over pie, lightly pressing plastic to completely cover filling. Chill 1 hour hour or until filling is set. Remove plastic wrap.
3.)Cut firm banana into 1/2 inch slices. Garnish pie with whipped topping and banana slices....
Makes 4 servings. [Wink]

#47596 - 11/14/04 01:20 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dianne, Figs huh! Challenge but think I have one for you.... [Roll Eyes]

WALNUTTY FIG MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cups oat bran
1 cup dried figs
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract or almond extract (optional)

1.)Preheat oven to 375*F. Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with vegetable spray or use paper muffin cups.

2.) Stir together the flour, oat bran, figs, sugar, baking powder and nuts in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.

3.) Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour into the in the flour mixture, stirring just enough to moisten the flour. Do not over mix the batter should be lumpy. Fill the muffin cups about half full.

4.) Bake for 14 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack.....

NOTE:
You can also uses bits of fig instead of raisins in raisin cookies...

#47597 - 11/14/04 01:40 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
My mouth is watering reading all these recipes! Yum!! I might even have to cook and bake a little very soon. And you know these must be good to get ME in the mood to cook! lol!! Keep 'me coming!

Hmm...so what would I like to see a recipe for? How about...Broccoli?

#47598 - 11/14/04 02:49 AM Re: Recipe Challenge...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Donna J, Hi, I too love Broccoli and make this dish regularily....

GARLICKY BROCCOLI with POASTED PEPPERS and OLIVES

1/4 cup sliced garlic cloves
1/4 cup ex virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch of pepper
1 1/4 pounds broccoli florets, blanched and drained.
1 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
3/4 cup California Ripe Olives, whole, pitted.
3 tsps. grated Parmesan cheese...

1.)In a medium skillet, cook garlic in oil over low heat for 8 to 10 minures, until soft and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat, season with s&p and set aside to cool.

2.)Remove cooked garlic from oil with slotted spoon and set aside. Place skillet over high heat. Add broccoli to oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Stir in peppers, olives and garlic and cook until heated through.

3.)Transfer to serving plate and top each portion (makes 6 servings) with 1/2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese.... [Razz]

NOTE:
I normally have an omelette in the mornings and one of the ingredients are tiny pieces of (frozen) broccoli..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved