The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47133 - 07/19/04 06:19 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Sugaree,

Should you ever want to share your story, I know of several sites--mine in particular-- that would be interested in publishing your story. If you don't want to, I'll understand. I respect the privacy of all writers.

Just an idea..your story is very inspirational and could lead many to Christ.

#47134 - 07/19/04 08:36 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Toni, that sounds good to me. I will write it and add the more intimate conversations I had with God during those times. I will PM you for your details and requirements.

A specific audience that comes to mind are the battered women in limbo. The women that are afraid to take that leap of faith really could use some inspiration. I really understand how they stay in relationships, we on the outside, think we'd leave in a heartbeat. Thank God that I am one on the outside now.

Actually, now that I think about it, my plans were to 'give back' by volunteering at one of the battered women's facilities. Although, I have been in situations where women were being abused. After my talk with them, a few proudly called to tell me that they were out and thanked me profusely. I told them to thank God for placing us together to hear the message instead.

Sugaree

#47135 - 07/19/04 10:12 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Toni Offline

Great! Just send any questions or information to my email address under my 'boomer' picture here on the Boomer Women Speak Site or click on to my site below and submit an email to me via the "contact me' info.

Look forward to your article and the help it will bring to the many hurting and searching women out there!

#47136 - 07/19/04 11:00 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Sugaree, that was a wonderful story of faith that you told. Thank you for sharing. It reminds me in a small way of something that happened to me several years ago. I returned home from my weekly Wednesday night prayer meeting one night to find a message on my machine that my 26-year-old son had been arrested in another city and state for selling drugs to an undercover police officer. I spoke directly to my son when he called later that night and he told me, "you have to bail me out." (This was the last in a long series of events where he needed our help.) I felt that my husband and I should let him stay in jail so that he could realize the seriousness of what he had gotten involved in, but I didn't want to do that! I picked up my Bible and prayed earnestly for the Lord to give me a word. My Bible fell open and my eyes went directly to the following words, "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me" (Psalm 27:10) and I had never noticed that particular verse before in my life. I felt much better about my decision but being the doubter (and rescuer) that I am, I asked yet again, Lord, one more word...so I'm sure this is Your will. The same thing happened as before, and my eyes went directly to a verse in Proverbs 19:19 which said, "for if you rescue him, you will have to do it again." How much more clear could the Lord be? I felt totally at peace with my decision that night. My son eventually was bailed out my a friend but he had to return later to serve 7 months in jail. My husband and I took him up to the prison that morning and just after we left him, my son slit his throat and tried to kill himself. Thank God, the Lord took care of him and his suicide attempt was unsuccessful. Then during the seven months that he spent in prison, my "atheist" son gave his life to the Lord, began studying the Bible and looked forward to visits from our pastor who came faithfully every week to see him. I believe the Lord really showed me a red light that night!

#47137 - 07/20/04 12:29 AM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh Joyce, how fitting your pen name Newhope is. You sure had the green light NOT to act and let God. What an amazing story. During my period, the same would happen to me when I opened the Bible. I can't recall right now, the many scriptures that just blew me away as I would intentionally 'just open' the book and there a message would be for my specific situation.

I had one evening about where to start in the Book. She said, "Just open it and start reading. I garauntee you there will be a message there for you."

Praise God that you and your family were Protected.

Sheree

#47138 - 07/20/04 01:36 AM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Toni Offline

Thank you so much, Newhope, for your inspiring and fascinating message of how God sends signals.

It does seems like he sends either red or green. I haven't often run across the middle ground--yellow but there's a warning signal, there too.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved