The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#47094 - 08/03/04 02:43 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
JJ,

Don't know much about the boomer convention. Can you tell me where and when it will be? I doubt if I will be able to attend, but maybe I can participate in some fashion?

Love that Monk! Can't wait until Friday and the next one. I love his saying, "I may be wrong, but I don't think so!"

#47095 - 08/03/04 05:28 PM Re: Plans for fall?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yeah, I live for Fridays too. Think we need to get a life? LOL!

The convention I referred to is Dotsie's but my guess is that plans for it will not begin until after the release of her flagship book. Or better yet, whenever she feels it's time. I am always referring to it in these post cause I just know we are all gonna get to meet and I just can't wait!

Start a savings for it now women! Take your empty Helmans Mayo jar, cut a whole in the lid and start putting loose change in it. I figure we got a year to prepare for the expense of going over the Mason/Dixon line to attend this thing...ya think? I am also assuming that it will be held in Dotsie's hometown, yes?

Although it is a long way off I'm sure...and just for fun...what would you boomers like to see at the conference? Well, besides mine and SMILES Chippendales? hmmm?

I want to see everyone who's written a book have a booth during the day where they can display and sell their books, yes?

I want to see vendors there like ice cream people giving away free ice cream, and bakeries giving away stuff, etc..etc...

I want to see people like Maggie teaching a scrapbooking class and other crafts...Meredith, excuse me, The Divine Ms M showing off and selling her jewlery and of course, Thistle giving demos and selling her wares...

Whew...that's just for starters...anybody else?

#47096 - 08/03/04 05:50 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

JJ,

Sounds good; keep us posted. With our various talents, it's a good bet it will be interesting!

#47097 - 08/03/04 05:57 PM Re: Plans for fall?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I'm still hoping for the Boomer Tour. And I'm volunteering to be the Boomer Tour Guide.
We need to hoist Dotsie out of her lovely nest and put her on the road for a while. She needs to meet us all and she says she has never seen the desert. I bet she's never seen the Grand Canyon and that's plum Unamerican.

I have a travel van that is practically new. We could fly Dots out here to the center of the universe, find a driver who could circle south and west to pick up the Texans, visit the grand canyon and a lot of places in the west, pikc up Chatty, Miss M, and dreamer then circle back north to pick up people in that direction then back east to pick up toni and anyone else along the way. We could circle down south to get the queen and the Floridians then back to Dot's place for a huge convention.
That way Dots could meet us all and we could hitch a ride to meet anyone we want or everyone and get on and off the van at will then all wind up at the convention.
It would be one huge rolling pajama party and one terrific adventure.
We could film the whole thing and edit it to show at the convention or on Oprah. And at least one or two of us could get a book out of it.
Let's GO!!!
smile

#47098 - 08/03/04 05:59 PM Re: Plans for fall?
smilinize Offline

Okay I lost my head. I mean next fall or summer or whenever. Can't wait too long though. We ain't gettin' no younger you know.
(Actually I am. Gettin' younger I mean. It's JJ who's getting older. Yep. She's older than dirt. Not me though. Nosiree. Not me. I'm just a young chick, but I still think we need to get cookin' with the Boomer Tour.)
smile

[ August 03, 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#47099 - 08/03/04 06:08 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Wow JJ and Smile: You two have it all planned out!!! Seems like an extraordinary adventure. What a lovely sight that day, all the boomer women together! I'm gonna have to get my mayo jar ready, JJ. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#47100 - 08/03/04 06:18 PM Re: Plans for fall?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie...make SMILES take it back. Count me in on the RVing. Only I want in on the action from the get go, k? I'll fly out where ever, and ride from town to town, state to state with you all...I mean someeeeebody's gotta keep SMILES in line. Might as well be me...

(I can just hear it now, can't you Dotsie? She touched me...did not, did too, did not...did too)

JJ

#47101 - 08/03/04 06:24 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Toni Offline

Well it looks like Smiles and JJ are at it again...

"Didn't I tell you guys to knock it off! We're in the big city now---so let's get along, O.K.?"

P.S.

Thank you JJ for your kind words of encouragement. Don't take them lightly...They're greatly appreciated!

#47102 - 08/03/04 06:41 PM Re: Plans for fall?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Toni: [Cool] I wish you the best going back to school and your moving. You are one brave boomer woman for going back to school. I know the Lord see you through and we will be praying for your success!

#47103 - 08/04/04 07:16 AM Re: Plans for fall?
smilinize Offline

JJ,
I know you made toni and songbird say those nice things just to make me feel bad. Didn't ya'?

Well, I don't feel one bit bad. Not a bit. Nosiree. It's not my fault you're getting old and I ain't. It's just in the Calvin Kleins--the jeans you know.

Problem is, I might have lied a little. I think I got the 'old' pair.

smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved