The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47015 - 11/05/04 09:59 PM Re: Where is our confidence?
Claire Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Kathryn, I pray for that too. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your son.
Claire

#47016 - 11/05/04 11:37 PM Re: Where is our confidence?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Claire, I believe that only a true American can feel what we felt on September 11th. when those terrorist NUTTERS blew hell out of the Twin Towers slautering thousands of innocent Americans just out trying to do their jobs and live their lives. I as a Christian myself hate death of any kind BUT I hate cowardice even more. Maybe some societies in this world would fare better if they picked up the sword to defend their country instead of the Bible. There are those (too many) that couldn't care less that we are a peace loving nation and they want to kill us all. I truly wish your way of thinking was the way of the world, how wonderful a place it would be But GET REALit never has been and it never will be! Sad but true, and I commend those brave young men who are willing to travel so far to distant lands so their Mothers, Fathers and sibblings can remain living in a free society. God Bless them all and President Bush too, he has alot to do to uphold his promises....super discussion, keep it coming! [Wink]

#47017 - 11/06/04 05:51 AM Re: Where is our confidence?
Claire Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Chatty Lady, In my opinion, as you say, President Bush does have alot to do to uphold his promises and I hope he does it for the people who have voted for him. In saying that, I still believe that answering violence with violence doesn't work. Maybe I am not 'getting real' but at the end of the day maybe your reality is not my reality and vice versa. Who is to say whose reality is real? Where did it all start? Look into history of who supported and provided Saddam with certain things in the past and now think he is devil incarnate. Whilst I think the world is better off without him, I don't believe that is the one and only reason he was overthrown by US. I love you Chatty, but maybe you need to get real too. I think 9/11 was HORRIBLE and there is no excuse but US is not exactly saintly when it comes to foreign policy etc etc. My father died in July 2001 and 9/11 happened 2 months later. He would have been horrifed and he didn't have a lot good to say about US foreign policies. I think the people who perpretated 9/11 are nutters but I also think that anyone who thinks that 9/11 or anything else can be avenged by more violence is not 'getting real' either. Violence leads to more violence and it never ends until total destruction comes... I certainly don't believe that it is better to take up the sword than the word of the bible - did I read that right??? And I don't believe that only a true American can feel what ye felt on September 11th. Many of the fireman and also people who were killed both in the buildings and on the planes are related directly to people here in Ireland and we felt it badly. We also had a national day of mourning. Bear in mind how many Irish Americans lost their lives there too. Many people I know cried for days and still do over the loss of those people, of all nationalities in 9/11 atrocity.
I have to go now. I am sick over something else -the animal forum - you know what I am on about.
Love you lots and we can agree to disagree.
XXX
C

#47018 - 11/07/04 02:03 AM Re: Where is our confidence?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Claire, yes I understand and was telling some of my co-volunteers about the dog you spoke about. We all shed tears for that poor animal. I have decided not to argue about politics as there is never any clear or concise answer. Ou Government stinks in alot of ways just as all other Governments do but we are afterall a FREE nation and we did not become free and we do not stay free by turning the other cheek. Can you just imagine what it would be like for those who did? I can only pray (ALOT) for our country and the wisdom we all hope our leaders govern with. I can only make a small dent in the injustice in this world and I choose to fight for the defenseless, the animals. Thats more than I can handle most of the time. Thanks for the frisky back and forth conversation. May God Bless America and all other peace loving nations! [Smile]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved