The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46872 - 06/20/05 08:38 PM Enthusiasm
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Enthusiasm is a great power. Those with it can never be disheartened because it simplifies all difficulties.

So true!

To Subscribe to Thought for Today
please visit www.thoughtfortoday.org.uk

I get a few quotes online each day. This is a relatively new one I get. I learned about it from my friend who is very involved in peacemaking.

#46873 - 06/20/05 09:56 PM Re: Enthusiasm
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thank you for reminding us of that.

I may have posted this before, but when I worked for government, they ridiculed me for the enthusiasm I had for whatever project they gave me and I thought I should try to be more cynical in order to fit in. One day when I was just passing by a huge dictionary that they had in the office I looked up the word 'enthusiasm' and was astounded at the meanings of the root words.

Briefly, the 'en' part means 'inside,' the 'iasm' part means 'to show.' And most importantly, the 'thus' part comes from the word 'Theos' which means 'God.'

So literally interpreted, the word "enthusiasm" means "Showing God inside."

After I learned that, I decided against fitting in and tried to be more enthusiastic. Eventually it seemed that others became more enthusiastic too. Maybe showing God inside is contagious.

LET'S START AN EPIDEMIC!!

smile

[ June 20, 2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#46874 - 07/01/05 02:35 AM Re: Enthusiasm
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
My life verse, I stand on every day, is Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope.

This verse had carried me through a lot of tough times-it contains the promise that no matter what, He will work it all out for my good AND that He has it all planned out--He's not surprised at events, even when I am! PTL!

#46875 - 07/01/05 03:19 AM Re: Enthusiasm
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by smilinize:
Maybe showing God inside is contagious. LET'S START AN EPIDEMIC!!

Infect me! Please infect me!

I really appreciated this one, Smile..."enthusiasm" has been one of the things I've been trying to rediscover, pursue, nurture lately - along with living life abundantly. But I'm having great difficulty drumming up the enthusiasm to nurture the enthusiasm!

I remember my old camp counsellor days when the motto was "If you act enthusiastic, then you'll BE enthusiastic." Pretending worked back then, but isn't working for me now. But showing God inside...that sounds much more appealing and do-able.

#46876 - 07/01/05 03:21 AM Re: Enthusiasm
smilinize Offline

SO,
Thanks for reminding us of that verse. If you stand on it, you'll stand tall and be strong.

I've posted this before, and maybe you know, but anyway, the word "Enghusiasm" literally interpreted from the root words is...
EN meaning 'inside'
IASM meaning 'to show'
And most meaningful of all, THUS comes from the word THEOS meaning GOD.
So ENTHUSIASM literally interpretty from the root words means "Showing God inside"
Keep 'showing God inside' with enthusiasm, and nothing can destroy you.
Thanks again.
smile

#46877 - 07/01/05 03:37 AM Re: Enthusiasm
smilinize Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Heart:

Infect me! Please infect me!
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Eagle,
I had posted the previous post before I saw your's.
I believe you are already "Infected." I can see it in your posts. You are obviously growing stronger and 'showing God's love inside' more every day.

Like you, I have sometimes had to search for enthusiam, but I know that because I am a child of God, it's always there inside me even when I don't feel it.
We may wander away, but God never leaves us. And when we wander too far and are too weak to make our way back, God will find us if we just ask.

And I think it doesn't hurt to "act" enthusiastic while we're waiting. A smile, even a fake one, doesn't hurt either.
smile

#46879 - 07/01/05 12:07 PM Re: Enthusiasm
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't forget the prayer of Jabez!

Oh that you would bless me indeed
And enlarge my territory
That your hand would be with me
That you would keep me from evil
That I would cause no pain

When I pray this prayer, peace overcomes me.

JJ

#46880 - 07/02/05 07:00 AM Re: Enthusiasm
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
speaker, and the rest of that is...in all ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. It's a promise I rely on every day.

Jaw jaw, I pray that prayer for my family every day. I replace the me and I's with US. Then if something happens to one of my immediate family, I know I've prayed and it's God's will. He will give me strength to get through the situation.

Eagle, I see your enthusiasm in your posts. You may not feel enthusiastic, but your words prove that you are.

Maybe we need to consider the difference between enthusiasm and physical energy. Anyone want to take a stab at that? Do we have to do the queen's dance to be enthusiastic, or can we be enthusiastic without jumping around?

I equate enthusiasm with encouraging others.

#46881 - 07/01/05 11:33 PM Re: Enthusiasm
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smile! That's a great epidemic to be part of!

Starting Over- I love that verse! I praise the Lord for HE HAS PLANS FOR ME!!!!

JJ: The prayer of Jabez has impacted my life profoundly!

Speaker/Dots: Isn't it great that God has something for each of our needs? His WORD is powerful when we trust! It can definitely change lives!

#46882 - 07/02/05 03:49 AM Re: Enthusiasm
smilinize Offline

Dots, I'm not sure you have to be physically enthusiastic to "show God inside."

I think we "Show God inside" when we are giving to His children, including ourselves (as long as we don't hurt others of His children). And it includes giving even something as simple as a smile to someone who needs it.

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved