The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#46680 - 02/03/03 05:10 PM Proverbs 3:5-6
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
Proverbs 3:5-6 "lean not on your own understanding"has been a verse I have used many times personally and while teaching. (I can do this since I teach in a Catholic school).
It was most helpful on Sept.11 when I had to break the news to the 8th grade sitting in front of me. I knew in that split second I had to choose very carefully what I would say.I remember every movement,thought, sight of where I was when Kennedy was shot. I knew it would be the same for these children.
The wife of Columbia's shuttle commander(Husband) was on the TODAY show this morning and related that this verse was a favorite of her husband and it has helped sustain their family through their loss.Isn't God good to have left us with these words and to give us the gift of the promise of life with Him in heaven after our time here is finished.

#46681 - 02/15/03 01:09 PM Re: Proverbs 3:5-6
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Caloona, this is also one of my favorite verses. Many of our posts from this forum were deleted and this was one of them. I had posted about this verse. It always gives me comfort in knowing that I am not in control. It also makes me want to trust more because I know He knows what is best for me and will lead me in the right direction.

When my mom was dying of cancer, one of my cousins sent her a card with this verse in it. She is a baby boomer and was battling her own cancer...(very faithful woman who is a cancer survivor!). Anyway, I was the one who got to read the card to my mom and I was the lucky one who shared with Mom how this was also one of my favorites. We sat and discussed the verse and the impact it had on us at the time. It was very powerful and I was so grateful for my cousin's note because it allowed me the opportunity to have another faith moment with Mom.

When we send a note we never know how much it is appreciated. It is something that can be read over and over again! I am sure my cousin had no way of knowing how much that little card would mean to me.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved