The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40565 - 06/06/05 10:42 AM Critique Circle
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I thought I'd ask here about the Critique Circle.

I enjoy reading, particularly short stories. And, I write short stories.

The glitch, at least for now, is that my internet time is limited because of the high cost we pay for the service.

I'd love to become a part of the group ... I do enjoy critiquing (I do book reviews for an online magazine and have been involved in other web sites where we were free to read and comment on others' writing). But it wouldn't be fair to become part of a group where I couldn't provide the same time and effort as everyone else is giving.

What is involved, what types of writing, and how is one accepted into the group.

Thanks for any help.

Blessings, Francine

#40566 - 06/07/05 01:34 AM Re: Critique Circle
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Francine just let Dotsie know you are interested in joining us....we aren't an overly active group and it's a very "casual" atmosphere so there are rarely any time constraints to take a look at something and get back with the writer. A lot of us are super busy and when someone asks for those who CAN read something to do so, we're not always all available. Whoever can - does.

We'd love to have you join us though so send Dotsie a message and she can give you the password into the special area of the forum for the group!!

#40567 - 06/07/05 08:51 AM Re: Critique Circle
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Francine, I used to live in Arizona. Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Phoenix. What part of AZ is home to you? What on line mag do you review for? LLL

#40568 - 06/07/05 10:45 AM Re: Critique Circle
writegirl1949 Offline

Thanks Pam. I'll send Dotsie an email.

Lynn ... I am from Sierra Vista ... about 70 miles southeast of Tucson ... Fort Huachuca is there ... along with the infamous Minute Men group -- lol. I write and review for Coffee Cramp Review -- http://coffeecrampreviews.tripod.com/ I usually have that already set up in my signature but I'm holding off because I want to have my web site up (maybe by tomorrow) and can have that listed as well.

Blessings, Francine

#40569 - 06/08/05 07:34 AM Re: Critique Circle
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
writegirl, please send me your real name, screen name at BWS, and the email address you want to use for the critique circle.
dots@boomerwomenspeak.com

#40570 - 06/13/05 01:49 AM Re: Critique Circle
writegirl1949 Offline

Dotsie ... did you get my email? Hadn't heard back from you so figured I'd ask here.

Thanks, Francine

#40571 - 06/13/05 11:52 AM Re: Critique Circle
writegirl1949 Offline

Okie Dokie then ... I got the email Dotsie. Thanks a bunch.

Blessings, Francine

#40572 - 06/13/05 03:32 PM Re: Critique Circle
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome to the group Francine!!

#40573 - 06/14/05 03:46 AM Re: Critique Circle
writegirl1949 Offline

Thanks for the welcome Pam. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a chance to visit until Friday or Saturday. We're leaving for a few days -- traveling down to Garmisch ... going to the "Disneyland" castle ... Neuschwanstein and I'm so excited. I've wanted to go to this castle forever. The little girl inside me is so excited she can hardly sleep.

Anyway, we're staying in a historic Bavarian town ... in a guesthouse described as "Genuine Bavarian hospitality-typical cooking - Folk dances - songs and yodels. My husband will be in 7th heaven. LOL.

I am looking forward to reading and posting with the group.

Blessings, Francine

#40574 - 06/14/05 04:02 AM Re: Critique Circle
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hi Francine,

I visited Neuschwanstein and it's beautiful but don't forget the other castle which belonged to his parents. It is just as enjoyable. The best time we had was when we ate lunch in a Bavarian cafe who had live music and dancing. The singer sang Happy Birthday to our son and I danced with him. It was a wonderful memory.

One little hint. Try to take the earliest tours, as if you get the last one, there isn't any horse and carriages back down to the village, and after a full day of sightseeing, it's a loooonnnnnggggg way back...lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved