The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#39893 - 02/17/05 10:07 PM Column
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry for my long absence...this last month has just been crazy. Two trips to DC (one for the Inauguration, which was a wonderful experience, just to see our democracy in action close up), and coordinating several events for the business have kept me out of touch. Not to mention the fact that my dog bit me through no fault of his own, and I have a big owie on my finger that makes typing difficult! Anyway, I digress....

I had been thinking of putting an ad in our neighborhood paper for my business, and as I read through the latest issue, realized that they utilize several columnists with intersting ideas to share. Not being terribly shy, I wrote a psuedo column about Budgeting and Event Planning and emailed it to them. Before I knew it, I had an offer to write a regular column for them on different aspects of event planning! The paper is only a monthly, but I figure this exposure is more than worth the price of the ad. You just never know when an opportunity will pop right out at you!

#39894 - 02/17/05 11:08 PM Re: Column
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Look at you Wiz! Talk about seizing the moment. You go girl...What a fantastic break! And think of the moola you will be saving by doing this. Isn't it nice when things come to us like that?

I'm so happy for you. JJ

#39895 - 02/18/05 02:12 AM Re: Column
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations Wiz, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

#39896 - 02/18/05 02:35 AM Re: Column
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
That's wonderful news, and it's inspiring - seize the moment!

Di

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved