The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#39766 - 02/04/05 02:38 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Well we TRY to be comedians Madame Queen, but we KNOW who's DA QUEEN OF COMEDY among us - how could we forget?????? [Razz] [Razz]

#39767 - 02/11/05 05:04 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

ATTENTION BOOK 'EM BOOMERS! Trish Terrell was on her way out the door for a weekend trip but passed on this info which I'm in turn passing on to all of you coming to Book 'Em in October:

The Quality Inn, Waynesboro at 640 West Broad Street has offered a discount to all authors attending the event. The rate is (she thinks) around $65/day or $75/day for double occupancy with 2 double beds. You must mention that you are an author with the Book 'Em Event when you make your reservation. Their phone number is 540-942-1171. There are other hotels available (but this is the only one offering the group discount) - there's a link on the Book 'Em website for other hotel info. [Wink]

[ February 11, 2005, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Pam Kimmell ]

#39768 - 02/11/05 06:04 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
how 'bout us 'author groupies', Pam? I wanna hang out where ya'll are hangin' out.

#39769 - 02/11/05 05:26 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Well, the hotel couldn't POSSIBLY know if you are or are not an author attending Book 'Em now could they???? HAHA

This is a great chance to not only meet any Boomer Chicks attending, but LOTS of great authors who will be there to autograph books and give lectures, etc. Unique, you might like to check out the "authors attending" link on the BookEmFoundation website to see if any of your favorites (other than us of course!!) are going to be there!

http://bookemfoundation.com

#39770 - 02/13/05 05:18 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

The Book 'Em Foundation website indicates that while a LOT of authors are unable to attend in person, they have donated books (some autographed!).....they include David Baldacci, John Connolly, and Scott Turow who just happen to be three of my favorites....wish they could have come to the event. They set up a section in the gymnasium last year where all of these donations were available for purchase. I plan to bring a LARGER "mad money" supply with me this year so I can buy more books than last year. It's a book lovers' dream come true! [Cool]

#39771 - 02/20/05 05:29 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hey Boomer Girls....just thought I'd RE-POST the address and info on the Waynesboro motel that has given authors attending "Book 'Em" a discount rate. I know if I post something new it will move this topic back up to the top of the "Writing" thread!!

The Quality Inn Waynesboro
640 West Broad Street
$62.86 for single $71.36 for double
Phone: 540-942-1171
Mention you are attending "Book 'Em" event!

Hope to see some of my Boomer Sisters there.....

#39772 - 02/20/05 09:51 PM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Pam,

No where could I find a registration fee? Is there one? Do we have to take books or can we just attend? Does anyone want to share a room?

Just thinking ahead.

#39773 - 02/21/05 01:13 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Sherri! There is no registration fee for the authors or entry fee for those coming to meet authors or buy books. The public is invited to attend and it's well advertised in the area and out of the area. Last year I did meet a few authors who attended and hadn't brought books to sell or participate on a panel, etc.....they just wanted to meet some of their favorite authors and get some autographed copies of their books.

I don't know if anyone is looking for a "roomie" but hopefully if they are they will let you know!!! Would love for you to be there with us Sherri....

#39775 - 02/23/05 06:37 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I have been to Waynesboro Pa. My husbands Aunt lived there . I think your nearist Airport is Pittsburg PA . Nice airport . But check it out when you get your tickets.

Have a good trip . Lets hear all about it.

#39777 - 02/23/05 07:06 AM Re: Awesome Event For Authors!
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I am laughing also. I need that this have been a rough week for me. I did not know there there was a Wayesboro VA. Is there and airport in Richmond VA That was funny that would be something .

I new years ago I was going to Clarksville WVA on the bus and the ticket gal said and glad she asked are you going to Clarksville MD or West Virginia . that would have been a laugh I would not have gotten out of the state of MD . Ha!

Have a good trip.

[ February 22, 2005, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved