The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39499 - 01/01/05 07:23 PM (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
sarahwww Offline

Loc: West TX
OK, it is a new year. Just like last year, I am surfing the Internet, looking at "writers'" sites; how to be a writer, online support, online courses. I think I want to do this. I think I am supposed to write. I just can't figure out where to start. (Vickie T. I just looked at your web site and you have some helpful things. Thank you for providing these). Last year I wrote one small article for a website. It was published, but they were so rushed on their publish date, they did alot of editing, (maybe this is how it is done??) and I almost didn't recognize it as mine. I got no response from the article, so am a little gun-shy. I am leaning toward non-fiction. I was actually a little stunned to realize I searching out the same kind of information today as I did one year ago. My "inner-critic" is busy at work telling me I have no business even attempting this. I am looking for advice, encouragement or maybe even a kick in the drawers. I'm excited to find this site (boomerwomenspeak). Looks like a great place to hang out.

[ January 01, 2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: sarahwww ]

#39500 - 01/02/05 08:03 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome Sarah.....this is a GREAT website and while there are women from all walks of life here, the writers group is as active as any! If you want support - YOU'VE GOT IT! If you want advice, encouragement, pointers - YOU'VE GOT IT. Just let us know what we can do to help you.

If you look back thru the postings in the Women Writers section of this forum you will see a lot of subjects that will be of interest to you I'm sure. Many of us have been published online and in print and ALL of us continue to try and improve our writing and share information.

If you feel like you are SUPPOSED to be writing then do. Trust the inner voice - mine hasn't steered me wrong yet!

Again - welcome to Dotsie's wonderful forum. [Big Grin]

#39501 - 01/02/05 02:56 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Happy New Year and welcome Sarahwww!!! [Cool] [Cool]

You'll find this is a fantastic site with wonderful supportive women [Smile]

#39502 - 01/02/05 04:28 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Sarahwww. We've all felt the same way you do, believe me AND we've experience the self-doubt about writing. It comes and goes. But the main thing is you KNOW you have this need to write. It's uncontrollable. It's like writing is who you are. Once you discover that, there's no turning back, is there? Follow your gut as Pam said and WRITE!

You've come to the WRITE place (pun intended). We hope you'll make this your home and get to know us. We would love to share our experiences with you, and help in any way we can. I can testify that the women in BWS are the most understanding, caring, and AWESOME women on the planet.

Watch out though...you'll get addicted.

Hugs, JJ - resident Queen [Wink]

#39503 - 01/02/05 07:14 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome Sarah.. and I'm glad you found my site useful. I hope you continue to visit as I add more links every Wednesday.

You'll find a great source of help here at the boomer site. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

#39504 - 01/02/05 10:54 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome Sarahwww, I have always loved the name Sarah, it reminds me of a gentile woman with a long dress and white gloves. Its just me, the strange one, you'll find out, but I do like your name. You'll love it here for more reasons than I can say and I believe each of us has our own reasons for loving Dotsies site and all the Boomers. Nice to meet you. [Wink]

#39505 - 01/03/05 01:56 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sarah, I'm so glad you've found us. Stick around and I think we can help you stick to the writing. PLEASE don't listen to the little negative voices. Every time you have one of those thoughts enter your mind replace it with the fact that you've already been published!

The best way to write is to do it every day for a specific amount of time whether you want to or not. Just do it! You'll be amazed how quickly you can fill a journal. Whether you do it on paper or a keyboard...just do it!

#39506 - 01/04/05 03:41 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
sarahwww Offline

Thank you, gals! You have provided a great deal of encouragement! My hubby walked in this evening with a catalog from a local community college. Think I will take a peek and see if there is anything appealing [Smile]

I'm off to see what else is going on with Boomerwomen! [Big Grin]

#39507 - 01/04/05 05:06 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Sarah, same with me about being in the same boat as last year at this time. I write in my journal for 20 minutes every morning with a cup of coffee. First thing (well, second, if you count the bathroom) That way I can tell myself that at least I did that writing. I heard one of the SheDaisy singers say she had a "writing appointment" with a collaborater. I think I'll put that in my calendar: writing appointment, with me. The place that I'm at that is the same as last year is trying to get a web site up. I don't have any more money this year than last to pay a designer, so I'm going it alone. It's very frustrating. I like looking at all the Boomer women sites. There are some talented women here! Love and Light, Lynn

#39508 - 01/04/05 05:16 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
sarahwww Offline

That sounds like a good idea, Lynn. Even though I want to write, I haven't even taken the time to do much in the way of journaling. I guess that would be a really good place to start. Yes, I need to start moving to action instead of just saying "I wanna..." Isn't that one of those things that separates losers from winners?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved