The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#39434 - 02/25/05 05:38 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Brenda,

I tip my hat to you for those 2000 books! What an accomplishment, but I can't believe that it will take so long for a traditional publishing house to get your book out. Isn't that frustrating?

Sounds as though it's going to be a huge seller though once it's out.

Kudos :-) Sigrid

#39436 - 02/25/05 05:44 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Dianne,

That's so disgusting about Ricky Lake and Queen Lativah. I wonder why those people don't get sued more often. Think of the emotional damage that they do.

Sigrid

#39437 - 02/25/05 05:51 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Gals, I'm very prolific tonight. Sorry about all these posts. What I do is post three or four times in a row, and then I don't come back the forum for a week or so.

Anyway, here is my postscript:

-- Brenda, Thanks so much for checking out my blog and suggesting the article for me to read. I'll get right to it.

-- Does anyone know how many copies the average POD book sells in one year? My book was released in November and I've sold somewhere around 150 --200 copies. I think that's pretty good. I've read that the mean average POD sale is 70 to 100 copies throughout a book's lifespan. Has anyone else heard these numbers?

Thanks. Sigrid

#39438 - 02/26/05 01:56 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Sigrid, what? 70-100 copies for POD? I've sold hundreds of copies, mostly at presentations. Yes, I started a blog page. I am using it for additional information that didn't fit on my site. I think it's free through the web site host. Dianne, how did you get on Montel? I never would have thought about checking out the BBB. Good idea. Sigrid, it sounds like you've got it all planned with Lulu. Let us know how it goes. Off to check Brenda's article and walk the dog. I gotta get away from the computer once in a while. Love and Light, Lynn

#39439 - 02/26/05 02:03 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Princess Lenora Offline

Still not off the computer. Brenda, that was a good, concise article. I had to grin when I read "pray." I think we should all call the smug stuffed shirt at B&N Co Springs who wouldn't schedule a signing for me because I am POD and individually order the book and scare the stuffed shirt off his chest! Love and Light, Lynn

#39440 - 02/26/05 02:13 AM Re: about Authorhouse
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Now Lynn, THAT is a brilliant idea!! revenge is a dish best served cold...with lots of sugar....teehee.

And Dianne was on MONTEL?!?! I would have turned on the TV for that! Zap us a link of that if you 've got one.

#39441 - 02/26/05 06:27 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Princess Lenora Offline

Twice. Dianne's appearance also showed as a re-run. I never saw it because I just learned about it. LLL

#39442 - 02/26/05 07:31 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Princess Lenora Offline

Hello Sigrid, I see that you are an "author in the spotlight" in the Authorhouse newsletter! Congratulations! LLL

#39443 - 02/26/05 11:40 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

OMG, I had a rating of 2,700 on Amazon.ca earlier tonight AND I'll be in the Ottawa Citizen paper tomorrow. I think the weekend circulation is around 350,000 readers. Whew! My highest on Amazon.com was 27,000! So the CA rating is great :-)

#39444 - 02/28/05 06:33 AM Re: about Authorhouse
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Wow, Lynn, you've sold hundreds of books at a time at speaking engagements? Where are you speaking?!? That's fantastic.

I'm sure that I read that figure about 70 - 100 books on the Lulu forum, but I just reposted it again asking people about that. It does sound pitifully low, doesn't it? But there are some people who publish POD, and only plan to distribute the book to their friends and families. Others have greater aspirations but and up with a whole stack of books in their basement. I know several people like that.

Anyway, I was in yesterday's paper and the article took up one third of the page! It was awesome but I haven't seen any effect on sales so far. Also, I have not been able to get a copy of the online article because I have to be a seven-day subscriber to the newspaper to access it. A friend of mine is going to help me out with that this week, so hopefully, I'll be able to share a link to the article soon.

Is everyone watching the Oscars tonight? I'm just doing my regular stuff on my machine. In fact, I created a new blog although I'm already inundated with paperwork :-)

Best, Sigrid

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved